HawkeFeathers

Lost Key Bind for Chat Swaping

3 comments in this topic

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
22 posts
17,336 battles

I reset my "TAB" key and want to set a key for the toggle of chat from Team to All or Division. I cant find it in the "Controls". I dont want to reset to Default and lose all my other bindings.

1: How can I bind a key to this action?

2: Is there a way to save a key bind setup ?

[F-N-S]
Members
111 posts
3,209 battles

That's odd because that key doesn't even seem to be programmable. Why does the game say is the new key for changing the chat team? It should tell you what key to use.

You could try setting the "Display Game Statistics" key back to TAB, since it's the only thing that I see that is linked to the TAB key by default, but it's possible that this feature also controls the key for the chat toggling.

Other than that, I don't see any way to view, save or edit the key bindings from a local file. I'm not even sure that resetting the bindings to the default would help since that function is not even listed in the key bindings.

How did you even manage to change the binding in the first place?

EDIT:

The preferences XML file in the game folder doesn't have the key bindings saved in it. It refers to a "preset_keyboard_1.xmlpreset_keyboard_1.xml" file, but I can't find that in the game install folder. Even looking at an example of that file that another user on the forum posted, there doesn't seem to be that function listed on it either.

EDIT:

The preferences.xml file in the game install folder looks like this with your custom keybinds listed on there. Hope this helps.

FILE.PNG

Edited by ComputerWhiz