You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Favorite Tier 6 BB?

59 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
440 posts
9,820 battles

Tier 6 has some very cool and fun to play BB's. People seem to love the Fuso, Bayern, Warspite and the Arizona. Which one is you favorite or is there something else?

[QNA]
Beta Testers
1,410 posts

most of them perform the role fine. If I had to chose, Id go with the Fuso.

[_-_]
Members
3,146 posts
8,215 battles

Love the Arizona. Very accurate guns, very tanky if you angle her well Since even her max AA is pathetic and sluggish movement make "shoot and scoot" problematical, I find that a secondary build with aft and bft makes for a pretty fun brawler.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
1,955 posts
7,085 battles

I actually prefer Liz.  The Queen Elizabeth.

In order of fun factor for me,

1 - Queen Elizabeth

2 - Warspite

3 - Normandie

4 - New Mexico

5 - Arizona

6 - Bayern

cs

Members
1,570 posts
11,129 battles

oh and I have to say I've done very well with the new Normandie. ....forgot that was a 6....have to be very wiggly and not show too much broadside while trying to get all the guns to bear, but she too has that 12 gun salvo...

[WOLF3]
Members
24,805 posts
21,855 battles

For a long time for me, it was Fuso.  But now, Mutsu.

Warspite, Arizona could face tank 356mm shells and laugh.

Warspite's 381mm AP made a mockery of many other BBs' protection schemes in her tier and lower.

But Mutsu's 410mm, even with the worse Type 88 AP shells and not the Type 91 AP of Nagato, will rip through the other BBs with absolutely zero problems in her tier.  Warspite, Arizona cannot face tank 410mm AP.  In addition, though I loved Fuso to no end, she had sh*t concealment.  Mutsu is much stealthier than her, and to prowl around a Tier VI match with 410mm guns is a feeling of good power.

Alpha Tester
418 posts
6,962 battles

Tier 6, I'd say Dunkerque on top of the list but maybe except for the Bayern which I find a bit dull, they all have their fun side.

[VW]
Members
3,812 posts
18,444 battles

bayern cause i like brawling and the others except fuso are too slow, fuso of course not being a brawler. hmm forgot about normandie lol

Edited by monpetitloup

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
3 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Tier 6 has some very cool and fun to play BB's. People seem to love the Fuso, Bayern, Warspite and the Arizona. Which one is you favorite or is there something else?

Big fan of Arizona. Normandie is also a good ship; her range is awesome, and her guns accurate enough to use it.

2 hours ago, Poharan said:

Though I feel like I'll prefer Mutsu if I ever decide to pick her up.

You might not; I won one out of a super container and to be perfectly honest it's somewhat of a dog, albeit a very tanky dog.  She has crap torp defense, crap AA, crap detectability, and crap armor. Other than that she's perfect; and those 16" guns deliver. But the rest ... rough!

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,914 posts
5,814 battles

I think tier 6 is a very balanced and a good spot for BBs. For me my favourites in no particular order are Warspite, Fuso, and Dunkerque.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,547 posts
33,577 battles

All of the T6 BBs are decent and some very good, Mutsu and Dunkerque included IMO.

Hard to say, but my top choices would be:

1. Normandie

2. Fuso

3. Warspite

4. Bayern

5. Arizona

[4HIM]
Members
2,854 posts
10,785 battles

Bayern maybe.  Even when the rest of the team did the mashed potato, you could just bow into the nearest cluster of reds and let the secondaries go to town.  At times it seems as if it can self generate CQE medals. 

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,722 posts
14,420 battles

During the previous CC event, my FUSO always the last man standing

She is deadly left un touch, and allow time to properly aiming using the spotter plane sniping at and between 17km to 20km range at cruiser that sailing straight line :cap_haloween:

Members
1,187 posts
6,087 battles

The only two tier 6 battleships I've played are the US New Mexico and French Normandie, but between those two, I prefer the New Mex.

[YARRR]
Members
659 posts
5,375 battles

Arizona for me.   Great guns, fairly tanky, and um... great guns.

Fuso used to be my T6 main, but now she sits in port a lot, I just do better in Arizona, 5% better according to Warships Today.