Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Question about Captain specs for RN BB's

4 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
439 posts
9,769 battles

Currently I"m running PT, EL, EM, AR, BOS, SI, and FP on my 16 point british captain.  Since torpedoes are such a problem for RN BB"s is vigilance worth having instead of BOP? Is CE worth 4 skill points? The only RN ships I have currently are the Nelson, Hood and Warspite. TIA

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,022 posts
7,903 battles

CE is certainly worth every point you spend, and I would stick to BoS. Usually you can minimize the Torpedo damage you take by adjusting your playstyle, and remembering to never sail in straight lines.

Members
107 posts
5,585 battles

Vigilance is only worth using on ships with hydro. Otherwise BoS, SI or BFT (for an AA build) are way more worth it for the 3 pointers.

And yes CE is extremely useful on British BB, especially Warspite and the tech tree ships.

Edited by Ganbaruzoi_

[WOLF3]
Members
24,749 posts
21,823 battles
3 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Currently I"m running PT, EL, EM, AR, BOS, SI, and FP on my 16 point british captain.  Since torpedoes are such a problem for RN BB"s is vigilance worth having instead of BOP? Is CE worth 4 skill points? The only RN ships I have currently are the Nelson, Hood and Warspite. TIA

Some things.

EM stops being a necessity for RN BBs once you get to Tier VII.  You stop having BBs with rusty turret traverse starting with KGV / Nelson / DOY / Hood.

Personally, I felt that good sailing, map / match awareness negates the need to adopt Vigilance on any BB.  Tier 3 is a crucial tier because of the more important BOS, SI.  SI in particular for some RN BBs with powerful heals gives them tremendous staying power.  Warspite, Nelson, Lion, Conqueror feature special Repair Parties, so +1 charge is a big deal.

CE is extremely worth it for RN BBs.  They gravitate eventually towards stealthy BBs, stealthier than USN BBs.  Tier VII is where it gets good, and at VIII-X, they are without a doubt the stealthiest BBs in those tiers with a Full Stealth Build.  This is very important because it lets them control their engagements.  This is absolutely crucial with Conqueror because of her lower HP pool, abundance of easy-to-penetrate 32mm armor, and very long Repair Party cooldown.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this