You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Raging_Capt_Bob

Radar has ruined dd play

219 comments in this topic

Members
70 posts
12,408 battles

with radar going thru islands and hydro too, the challenge of dd play just isn't fun anymore so selling all my dd's and just going to become a radar using dd destroyer!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[2CUTE]
Supertester
4,134 posts
4,312 battles
2 minutes ago, MrEndeavour said:

Map awareness is hard :Smile-_tongue:

Just had a shima die to a moskva radar south of C on north, moskva was spotted like 30s before but apparently he died due to radar disparity :thanking:

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,811 posts
3,853 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

Just had a shima die to a moskva radar south of C on north, moskva was spotted like 30s before but apparently he died due to radar disparity :thanking:

And I thought the duration on Moskva’s radar was relatively short.

[RLGN]
Members
13,268 posts
23,177 battles
4 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

Railguns guided by the hand of Stalin Comrade! :Smile_sceptic:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
650 posts
11,809 battles
5 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

It can be pretty long if they have radar module, up to 35s

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,811 posts
3,853 battles
Just now, MrEndeavour said:

It can be pretty long if they have radar module, up to 35s

I know. I have experimented with it in my rental Moskva during Clan Wars. (I wasn’t good in it.) It was somewhat of a joke. And somewhat not a joke at the same time. Like, how did the Shima not expect for the Moskva to use radar. The Shima should have run especially when the Moskva has been spotted for half a minute which should be enough time for you to escape or at least decrease the potential damage inflicted.

• Cool 2

Members
3,417 posts
20,868 battles

As a DD main all I can say is GIT GUD & stop hiding your stats. Radar hasn't stopped me from playing DDs. It's made me focus on map awareness, different capping strategies and to have multiple exit plans if I get lit up with radar.

Now I can't wait for your next thread where you'll rant about how you get deleted quickly and rarely have time to use your radar....lol

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
Members
5,326 posts
16,596 battles

Radar. Radar through islands. Hydro every where. Spotter planes. Carrier planes. Ships who know how to use their WASD haxs. Battleships AP rounds. 

The life of a tin can has never been easy but an easy life is not worth pursuing.

Adapt and Overcome the challenges. 

Radar and Hydro have know ranges and duration, learn them and exploit them.

Keep Learning, Keep Moving, Keep attacking. 

If you fail try again. 

Learn to embrace those famous words, 

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way. ~John Paul Jones~

:cap_cool:

Edited by RedSeaBear
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
12,117 battles

All I've been running lately is my Shimakaze, Radar's been a minor annoyance, crap teammates have been worse (the one's that hide in a manner that they can't actually shoot anything you spot are the worst).

Don't just focus on the cap, if your teams not there to help, screw'em and cause trouble elsewhere. All your gonna do if you run into a cap without support is get radared and killed.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
8,185 posts
13,723 battles

Hasn't ruined it for me, made it a bit more of a challenge, had to learn radar ranges of ships and pay a bit more attention. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

Being sunk because the enemy lit you up with radar is no different than being sunk because the enemy lit you up in the traditional manner: either you got outplayed by a superior opponent, or your map awareness wasn't good enough.  Either way, it should be a learning experience which helps you to become better at the game.

Edited by Harv72b
"sunk", not "suck" lol

[CUTER]
Members
832 posts
24,906 battles

My DD play started after the introduction of radar.  Never knew what it was like before it really.  Never had much of an issue dealing with it either.  Two threads on this in just a few days.  Folks need a class on how to beat this consumable.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,022 posts
7,903 battles
2 hours ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

the challenge of dd play just isn't fun anymor

If you define fun as being able to dance on your opponents nose while being undetected, and them having little to no chance to catch you, then your definition is clearly off.

Cruisers are usually the ones with Radar, and it‘s one of their ways to impact the game. Know the Radar ships and ranges, it‘s fairly easy, and know how to react to getting radared. If you struggle, just ask, there are plenty if helpful Forum peeps around.

• Cool 1

Members
569 posts
12,978 battles
2 hours ago, Ima_Bullseye said:

with radar going thru islands and hydro too, the challenge of dd play just isn't fun anymore so selling all my dd's and just going to become a radar using dd destroyer!

The time to make this switch is perfect, as the new Tier 8 and above American light cruisers are going to be perfect for hunting down and sinking DD's with their massive number of rapid fire 152mm guns shooting HE, radar, hydro, and defensive AA all available.

Members
77 posts
5,041 battles

Radar is fun for me. Especially I play the Atlanta, use my radar, and kill DDs.

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,761 posts
13,339 battles

What is priceless is when your Kagero sinks the enemy Radar Cruisers after they foolishly burned their Radar. And then some enemy players lecture those cruisers on their own team, about how idiotic they were to let a Kagero slip right through their Radar nets and sink them... :Smile_teethhappy:

[EPEEN]
Members
39 posts

Way to many ships have radar now and the range of radar is getting stupid. DD player's cant do crap. DD's have low Hp therefore we need to stay concealed but can't anymore. Every game I play like 8 or 9 radar ships on the enemy team.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

Before radar it really sucked to not play DD or CV at high tier. DDs would just sail around undetected spamming torps and there was nothing you could do stop them except join them or be a cv and spot them with planes. I'm most definitely not a DD main but when I do take my high tier DDs for a spin I don't find radar to be even close to an insurmountable obstacle. You just need to keep your distance from radar cruisers (and try to visualize where they are and might be) and communicate to your team that you really want them dead.

Members
604 posts
8,367 battles

radar........1 or 2 per team is good.... 3 to 4 requires some luck and skill to deal with..... but when you see each team has 2 missouri, 3-4 radar cruisers... some times you really want to just detonate your torp right away and head to the next match especially when both your guns and torp are shorter range than their radar

• Cool 4

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,046 posts
9,180 battles

IMO radar is more of a annoyance than anything else. Force me to be more passive than i like to play with my DDs.

Members
366 posts
On 5/29/2018 at 7:44 PM, Ima_Bullseye said:

I'm not playing DDs in T8-T10 for a while until the USN CA craze dies down.  I was in a game today with 10 radar ships in the game.  Silly.

• Cool 1