You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Devilfish

Hacks alive and well ??

84 comments in this topic

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,827 battles

So last year I saw a YouTube video on a Aim assist hack that was in use , many said it was useless and I think they were crying Wolf...cause I was pretty shocked when I saw this vid because this aim assist was very very good at helping hit ships especially the angle ones .. it takes all the guesswork out so it’s way better than me with thousands of games ..could not find any new hack aim assist however at that time 

flash forward to today 2018,I again googled the hack and sure enough up came aim assist hacks but ... they were new and undetectable 

These aim assists were for this day in fact even found one for the update coming tomorrow 7.5 they even had a forum were people who had bought and downloaded there aim assist could go for help or chat unfortunately the forum only allows those that purchased to view but there were hundreds of posts ... just can’t see em... they said it’s undetectable and one thing that stood out was ... do NOT talk about this 

i sure hope it’s getting some Wows attention 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
7 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

they said it’s undetectable and one thing that stood out was ... do NOT talk about this 

First rule of AIM HACK is Never talk about AIM HACK

I trust WG is on the investigation of this. Fairly easy to do just buy it on a fake WG account see how it works and block it.

Then prosecute the guy who cashed the check.

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
1,392 battles

Is this the old lead indicator issue? There was a time they openly said it was not against the rules to use such a thing. If its now considered not allowed thats a step in the right direction but it seems they still haven't managed to remove it.

• Cool 1

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
24 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

So last year I saw a YouTube video on a Aim assist hack that was in use , many said it was useless and I think they were crying Wolf...cause I was pretty shocked when I saw this vid because this aim assist was very very good at helping hit ships especially the angle ones .. it takes all the guesswork out so it’s way better than me with thousands of games ..could not find any new hack aim assist however at that time 

flash forward to today 2018,I again googled the hack and sure enough up came aim assist hacks but ... they were new and undetectable 

These aim assists were for this day in fact even found one for the update coming tomorrow 7.5 they even had a forum were people who had bought and downloaded there aim assist could go for help or chat unfortunately the forum only allows those that purchased to view but there were hundreds of posts ... just can’t see em... they said it’s undetectable and one thing that stood out was ... do NOT talk about this 

You were right I actually had to look this up on You Tube.  Sure enough there is a new hack out.  Pretty sad that people have to use Aim bots they ruin the game.  The sad thing is that this one shows you actually were to fire your torpedoes and shells.   I think its high time that Wargaming starts using an Anti Cheat system like Punk Buster or one of the many others out there to put a stop to things like this.

• Cool 6

[GWG]
Members
6,690 posts
3 minutes ago, LB_Binghamton said:

I assume WG is doing everything they can to keep cheats out of the game.

And I assume that WG is doing everything to give the APPEARANCE they are trying to keep the cheats out of the game.

After all, these folks are spending a lot of cash to get those purple numbers.

Just have to sacrifice a few obvious annoying scape-goats once and a while.

I like the saying, "All Unicums are not cheats...  But all cheats are Unicums."

• Cool 5

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
23 minutes ago, LB_Binghamton said:

I assume WG is doing everything they can to keep cheats out of the game.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, why on earth would you ever assume that?

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,245 posts
10,521 battles
2 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Hacks can't fix stupid.

Unfortunately stupid people don't use them smart people do .

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
13 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Hacks can't fix stupid.

Sad but true

Members
523 posts
7,725 battles
50 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

My aimbot is my brain.

Can't ban that.

You know the funny thing?  About a year ago, there was some famous twitch streamer who got caught live streaming with his aim hack activated.  Out of curiosity, I compared my main battery hit % to his, and you know what?  My aim was better, even with a completely vanilla client.

In all honestly, the hack did seem useful in that it gave a lead indicator on ships that were behind islands.  That part would help me immensely since it can be difficult to aim over terrain at times, but that was about the only use for it in my opinion. 

Members
79 posts
12,331 battles

When you see whole clans with 54% to 78% win rates you know something is wrong.  I saw the AIM hack  and reported it and WG  did not give a crap.   That AIM assist was golden on that YouTube video.  Made a avg player a Rock Star!   Those clans with those winning players have players with hit rates in the mid to high 30s. Also the YouTube aim assist user player was in a clan that had all above 50% wins and bragged he was a top ranked player!   WG should ban all outside mods ALL and end this issue.   

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[THREE]
Members
2,063 posts
10,337 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Hacks can't fix stupid.

Yep.

Also, the amount of hacking going on and the amount of hacking that people think is happening... is probably not the same number.

[O_O]
Members
6,134 posts
14,096 battles

Hackers are VERY common.  How common?  Well, I have been killed by hackers 4,849 times.  That's a freakin' LOT!

(I have been sunk 4,849 times.  Every one that has sunk me was using hacks...or else they couldn't have sunk me.  I'm kind of a big deal.)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
1,392 battles
51 minutes ago, Tembin said:

You know the funny thing?  About a year ago, there was some famous twitch streamer who got caught live streaming with his aim hack activated.  Out of curiosity, I compared my main battery hit % to his, and you know what?  My aim was better, even with a completely vanilla client.

In all honestly, the hack did seem useful in that it gave a lead indicator on ships that were behind islands.  That part would help me immensely since it can be difficult to aim over terrain at times, but that was about the only use for it in my opinion. 

The main utility it had was that by watching the indicator twitch you could see if they were changing speed or turning long before you would have been able to tell visually. That and the island thing. It is amazingly useful if you know how to use it. No, you dont shoot right at the indicator, thats not even useful, hitting a ship dead center is not always the best place to aim anyway, but it provides another point of information, and using these points, the ship in question and the location of the indicator, you can tell far more about the ships movement than you can any other way. Ill never understand why people just so freely dismiss the lead indicator, its honestly suspicious when someone does. I tested it extensively back when WG officially allowed it and ranted against its existence a lot, it is a huge advantage if you know how to use it as a situational awareness improving tool.

Even for not shooting at things, if you are trying to shadow someone and stay undetected while keeping them detected knowing if they are initiating a turn long before their ship itself starts moving is very useful.

Even for just glancing at enemy positions and knowing what direction people were heading, since it added the indicator to everyone (the one in use at the time did anyway) at a glance you could tell if that far off enemy you see is moving toward or away from your position. It is a huge increase of situational awareness.

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
3,596 posts
14,504 battles
3 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I use hacks all the time, every battle immediately after every update. 

WASD is OP; WG pls nerf. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
56 minutes ago, Orca86 said:

WG should ban all outside mods

Agreed

• Cool 5

[ANZ4C]
Members
216 posts
7,670 battles
1 hour ago, Orca86 said:

Those clans with those winning players have players with hit rates in the mid to high 30s.

That's a normal hit rate, especially at higher tiers....

All my Tier 8 and above ships (except for 5) have a hit rate of better than 30%. I have cruisers up in the mid 40%, And I run vanilla client.

Just because you're not able to achieve something doesn't automatically make it hacks...

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,827 battles
34 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I use hacks all the time, every battle immediately after every update. 

WASD is OP; WG pls nerf. 

WASD is serious stuff.. be careful with that one ...use it to much .. tendinitis and a finger bann

• Funny 1

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,827 battles
1 hour ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Yep.

Also, the amount of hacking going on and the amount of hacking that people think is happening... is probably not the same number.

I gotta tell yea a long time ago Wows banning blurb  and Wows response to illegal hacks I kinda thought , Great  there doing something ... and some of the hacking posts I responded to said basically no worries based on what they said ... now  wouldn’t be say that 

[THREE]
Members
2,063 posts
10,337 battles
1 minute ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I gotta tell yea a long time ago Wows banning blurb  and Wows response to illegal hacks I kinda thought , Great  there doing something ... and some of the hacking posts I responded to said basically no worries based on what they said ... now  wouldn’t be say that 

Undoubtedly people hack... that being said, its not as epidemic as some people make believe. People are to quick to blame others for their failings, I can't even count anymore how many times I've been labelled a hack for people not understanding game mechanics or the fact I can hit them while their dodging... something which no Aim assist can accurately replicate. If someone wishes to engage in hacking, they will eventually be caught by the systems in place. I don't even use any mods just to prevent any kind of mistake, like the last mass banning resulted in.

"Sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from cheating." - @Lert