You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Dev blog - new scenario 'Cherry Blossom'

19 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,493 posts
4,602 battles

Posted here for those that don't want to wade through Facebook. This is scheduled for release with 0.7.6 (late June).

Updated in a later post - see below.

ST. New scenario

As a part of the American update cycle a new scenario is added - "Sakura bloom". It is inspired by the historic Battle of the Empress Augusta Bay, which took place on November 1st and 2nd 1943.
In the dead of the night Japanese forces try to counterattack the troops that have recently landed. Main objective is to defend the troops and further capitalize on the situation by attacking the enemy base.
33921076_2078916685768001_67458578834448
The operation begins at night time and ends when the sun is out. Players will get to know a new mechanic - night battles with star shells as a means to light up the combat area.
Participation in this scenario will be limited to tier VIII cruisers of the American, French and British nations.
33747829_2078917019101301_72026810804726

ST. New scenario.

"Sakura bloom" is renamed to "Cherry blossom".

The operation begins in the night, so visibility and detection parameters are changed accordingly:

Max. detection radius of allied and enemy ships is limited to 17.6 km
Ships' detectability in combat is reduced by 40%
Dispersion is increased by 20%
Guaranteed detectability after firing from main batteries is decreased from 20 to 8 seconds
Star shells and flash bombs create zones of modified visibility parameters as well:

Max. detection radius of allied and enemy ships is limited to 17.6 km
At the same time minimum detection radius of ships is increased and limited to 17.6 km
Closer to the end of scenario night turns into day and all of the visibility parameters go back to normal.

Time of day does not affect the effectiveness of consumables in battle.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, water and text

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,850 posts
13,603 battles

This explains why Dasha was wearing a kimono at the end of the 7.5 video.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
764 posts
5,891 battles

So will star shell and flash bombs be player controlled, event driven or random?  Ideas?

[LUCK]
Members
1,769 posts
27,557 battles
11 minutes ago, Iowa3040 said:

This confuse me +20% to dispersion? That's crazy!

You may be too new around here, welcome.

The operation associated with the French battleship line intro that had a "weather" effect which reduced visibility and increased dispersion. It was a blast, particularly with Atlanta. Where else can you do gobs of damage, get 6-8 ship kills and shoot down 100 planes in one battle.

Best of luck to you.

• Cool 1

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,811 posts
3,856 battles

A night battle? Well, it has been an idea that has been proposed for some time now. And I welcome it.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,078 posts

Glad they renamed it; Sakura means Cherry Blossom; Sakura Bloom sounds odd.

Really glad to have a new operation which hopefully is doable unlike the recent buffed versions

[WOLF8]
Members
6,591 posts
5,797 battles

Guess I'll have to sit this one out... for now. I do not have any ship that fits the criteria... unless the upcoming event crate gives me the Tier VIII Cleveland... lol, I doubt it. xD

I didn't really grind any cruiser line, since I'm not really into cruisers... yet. Well, I did start the German cruiser line, but I'm still at Tier V... and the grind is at hiatus for now because I'm kinda bored, lel.

Oh well. Maybe someday, lul.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
687 posts
3,696 battles

i like new Ops but not ones that restrict the nations you can bring into them

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
1,967 posts
10,272 battles

And it's times like this when you notice that tier VIII premium cruisers aren't all that common. The only ships available for this scenario are going to be the tech tree ones. AKA Cleveland, Baltimore, Edinburgh, and Charles Martel. I get the feeling that the US ones will be rather popular since they have radar. Still, something to put on the wish list I suppose. If nothing else, it'll be a good excuse to maybe pump out a hypothetical Brit CA representing an improved County-class.

[SYN]
Members
15,614 posts
12,778 battles

T8 USN, UK and FR cruisers only?

I think Cleveland is going to be good here.

[4HIM]
Members
2,851 posts
10,776 battles
3 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

i like new Ops but not ones that restrict the nations you can bring into them

Same here.  Hermes is too restricted.  This one seems that way as well.  

I used to use the Ops to help grind captain XP for the Blyska since it has no tree.  But it was excluded from Hermes, and now Ultimate Frontier has the uber-bots.  So it just sits in port now.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

now i have a reason to play this.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,493 posts
4,602 battles

That is a good one.  Think I'll add it as in-game music.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,119 posts
9,142 battles
7 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I used to use the Ops to help grind captain XP for the Blyska since it has no tree.  But it was excluded from Hermes, and now Ultimate Frontier has the uber-bots.  So it just sits in port now.

Fewer ship options = easier to design scenario. The fact that they are in effect promoting the 'new' ships by excluding other ships from the new content is annoying. Is it less annoying than not having new content? Yes, if only in the sense that some is better than none.

Hermes is not my favorite, but it beats Narai; if only in the terms that it is accessible still, and Narai is not. I may not like the new scenario, but I already look forward to trying out the night battle conditions.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,431 posts
19,134 battles
8 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I just tested using the Blyskawica with an 8 point captain last night in Ultimate Frontier. I got it not that long ago and only used a little elite captain exp to boost it. The result was 160k damage in a 4 star win. If you're wanting to try it next time it comes around, it is definitely workable for the scenario. I went and tested the Gadjah Mada again (95k damage) since several people said they liked it, still found it rather lacking. Leningrad still performs better than either one for sure though.

Edited by Lightninger

Members
4 posts
107 battles
23 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

You may be too new around here, welcome.

The operation associated with the French battleship line intro that had a "weather" effect which reduced visibility and increased dispersion. It was a blast, particularly with Atlanta. Where else can you do gobs of damage, get 6-8 ship kills and shoot down 100 planes in one battle.

Best of luck to you.

I only just started posting on forums so yes I am new. I have been playing for 2 years now so I think I know how it works. My comment was more out of surprise than anything else.