You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shenennigans

Whaaaaat is happening!? People... you ok?

16 comments in this topic

[ARRR]
Members
129 posts
3,579 battles

Why have I just lost the Ultimate Frontier scenario 5 times in a row? Explain yourselves! I'm not doing poorly either, I'm solidly in first place on the XP board on all 5. It's a scenario... I'm losing my mind! This one is harder than the rest probably, but it's still a scenario. There's a repair facility and everything! I just want to finish the mission and get back to PVP! Get it together people lol, I'm not good enough to justify 5 games top XP.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,092 posts
17,161 battles
4 minutes ago, Shenennigans said:

There's a repair facility and everything!

That healthy ships like to camp, ensuring there's a crowd and that they don't have firing angles on anything that matters.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,148 posts
33,707 battles

Its no fun, its more like a job. The rampant bot cheating and the requirement for a high level of teamwork, performance, and understanding, makes it feel like work rather than play. So, many good players have stopped or curtailed their play of that scenario. 

Only Killer Whale retains any semblance of the fun Zen space ops used to be.

• Cool 2

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

It's very hard, sometimes almost impossible now. The best ship I have found for it is the Scharnhorst. IIRC they're going to fix it in a couple updates. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I can't prove it but WG set all operations to hardmode.

I got this though...

9Vno8Jj.png

During a hard crash Just before actually.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
199 posts
6,702 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I can't prove it but WG set all operations to hardmode.

I got this though...

9Vno8Jj.png

During a hard crash Just before actually.

The Scenarios have always been labeled 'Hard difficulty' - this is from Dynamo last year.

ScenarioDifficulty--shameless.thumb.jpg.917d992057427a1a33603b73798dce09.jpg

However, if you think they've buffed the ever loving **** out of Scenarios, you're not wrong...

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
16,352 battles

From the "Update 0.7.5" thread.

"Bots in the "Ultimate Frontier" scenario had their stats corrected so that its difficulty level is more suitable for most players."

[THREE]
Members
2,065 posts
10,377 battles

Pretty sure all the AI captains have 19pt captains (Atlanta chunking my BB 5k at a time with HE at 13km...) and they will bow tank towards the biggest threat while reversing. I swear, they play better then most of the teams in randoms... took my clan 3 attempts to 5 star it.

Members
1,866 posts

You need teamwork and it's a PUG. Scharnhorst as a cruiser-killer will help, and if there's any destroyers, you will not do well. I used Fiji the last time out, very good against destroyers and her smoke is always welcome at the right time.

[TDRB]
Members
4,262 posts
12,292 battles

"Bots in the "Ultimate Frontier" scenario had their stats corrected so that its difficulty level is more suitable for most players."

Maybe now I can find that 5 star win.

Members
4,410 posts
17,771 battles
5 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Its no fun, its more like a job. The rampant bot cheating and the requirement for a high level of teamwork, performance, and understanding, makes it feel like work rather than play. So, many good players have stopped or curtailed their play of that scenario. 

Only Killer Whale retains any semblance of the fun Zen space ops used to be.

I don't play any of the Ops anymore. Ever since WG "improved" them, they're no longer fun.

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,942 battles

keeping the forts alive is the only problem I have been having, seems the bots top target is the forts, had had countless 4 star games where we could not keep the forts alive, I do like that its hard, and feel good when we get a 5 star, but the bots cheat so bad, I only wish I had their torpedo detection skills, the second you fire off some fish they are moving to avoid them and their fire chance put RN BB's to shame.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
957 posts
8,975 battles
37 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I don't play any of the Ops anymore. Ever since WG "improved" them, they're no longer fun.

Agree 100%. I'm just blown away...by how fast teams get blown away. You just can't win with a 3-4 ship deficit a few minutes from the start but you CAN in Randoms and that just shouldn't be... I won't touch OPs with a 10 foot pole. Thanks WG you ruined my happy place for when all your other game modes have me wanting to shoot holes in my monitor.... 

Edited by HeathenForay

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
361 posts
16,879 battles

Out of curiosity,  has anyone spawned as the lone BB this week?

I've encountered this once, during the last time around which was April?  1BB, 4CL, 2DD  With how things are with the difficulty,  I don't think that should be allowed.  There are a lot of balance problems with this scenario of course,  but I wanted to point this out as well to be looked at.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
485 posts
5,091 battles

Made 5 or 6 tries this weekend in Fiji, never even got 1 star. There are just to many attacking ships you really can not defend every area at once.