You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldSaltyOne

If World Of Warships Allowed a 1 time account wipe?

28 comments in this topic

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

I know this is probably a horrible idea.  I know for myself I wouldn't want to start all the way over from the beginning.  But I ask this one question.  If Wargaming allowed us an account wipe to start over.   Knowing what you know now what exactly would you do?  Start off at tier 1 and just start seal clubbing the daylights out of new players and move on?  Or would you turn into a potato with out even realizing it?  Or would you try to play well and get your statics up to a unicom status.  I only ask because I've been curious about it myself.   I know my stats are crap yes we all know this.  I've been trying to get better in the game.  No I wouldn't want to change the way I played because I would have never learned from it.  So in this case what would all of you do if you had a chance to have your account completely wiped.  (Not including premium ships).

[STW]
Members
831 posts
7,007 battles

The thought of having to re-grind all my tier 10s hurts, not to mention the 19 point captains I wouldn't have anymore

Edited by Deviathan

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
Just now, Deviathan said:

The thought of having to re-grind all my tier 10s hurts, not to mention the 19 point captains I wouldn't have anymore

I wouldn't want to either i'ts more of a hypothetical question.

Beta Testers
1,527 posts
18,706 battles

From one potato to another...... so I'm pretty sure we all start a game like this thinking we are doing it to have fun but somewhere along the way we begin to worry about stats, why? I submit that we forget aboot stats (yes I'm Canadian)  and remember why we play a game in the first place. :etc_hide_turtle:

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,188 posts
13,834 battles

I think if they allowed you to wipe your stats after you feel you have learned the game so that your time learning the game does not scar your stats now would be ok. As long as you did not lose ownership of any of your ships, flags, credits, XP, or anything of those sort of things. Just your stats page gets wiped, but nothing else, that could be nice to have option of doing just once.

My stats got some scarring from when I had to learn the game, these days they are steadily rising, but will take time for main WR to get above 50%. And same with some of the ships I  used while learning the game as well.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I think if they allowed you to wipe your stats after you feel you have learned the game so that your time learning the game does not scar your stats now would be ok. As long as you did not lose ownership of any of your ships, flags, credits, XP, or anything of those sort of things. Just your stats page gets wiped, but nothing else, that could be nice to have option of doing just once.

My stats got some scarring from when I had to learn the game, these days they are steadily rising, but will take time for main WR to get above 50%. And same with some of the ships I  used while learning the game as well.

What they do for WoT is they allow a one time wipe, complete account wipe of stats and tanks.  What they do not wipe is gold, premium account time, and premium vehicles.  Of course you have to submit a support ticket to get it done.  

Edited by SuperSpud1

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
5 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

From one potato to another...... so I'm pretty sure we all start a game like this thinking we are doing it to have fun but somewhere along the way we begin to worry about stats, why? I submit that we forget aboot stats (yes I'm Canadian)  and remember why we play a game in the first place. :etc_hide_turtle:

Stats are actually kind of an important factor in the game.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,527 posts
18,706 battles
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Only if your objective is based on stats, not if you are just trying to float round and shoot stuff. Hard to do I know, all I'm saying is that we lose sight of why we play. We can't all be purple.

Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

Stats mean nothing.  They are no factor at ALL in the game.  The game is about shooting little pixel ships and, if possible, helping your team shoot them faster than the other team.  Stats is some kind of meta-anxiety people obsess about on their own for no reason whatsoever.  

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

If I had to start over again, I wouldn't. I've spent a good amount of money on premium time, and unless that money was refunded, then it would be a huge rip off. Even giving me the amount of premium time I've purchased for free wouldn't be a good compensation, because who knows if I'll be interested in the game two/three years from now.

I don't see a point in starting over, there is only loss in doing so.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,325 posts
13,874 battles

You want to start over, just make a new account or make an account on one of the other servers if you have decent high speed, low ping internet. The EU and RU servers are around 100 ping for me, even the more twitchy WoWP is playable with that ping.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,308 posts
11,789 battles

WG did this once before when game went from CBT to OBT. Thank goodness they did not do another wipe from OBT to release like a lot of other games do. But I hear ya OP, I would have liked to have been able to do that in WOT due to my battle count being so high and the amount of money I already spend it just was not feasible to create a new account.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
1,392 battles

Dont they already let you do a one time account reset? Ive read about it, but maybe that is only for WoT?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

No..... Not only No...... But Hell NO.

Stats don't mean squat to me enough to regrind all my ships and captains.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,715 posts
12,269 battles

Do you all want to hear about how much of a terror I was in the BF1942 DC Mod days? No? Guess what? The same will be true in regards to WoWS in 5-10 years. 

Use stats to gauge how you are improving as well as evaluating if you should listen to the person who advocates snipping in a Gneisenau.

Don't use stats to determine a persons worth as a human being. 

Members
5,202 posts

Starting over just for stats is pretty dumb. Stats should enhance the experience, not suck the life from it. Allowing people to start from scratch encourages the wrong things. 

Those that want a clean slate have probably rerolled already. 

EDIT: more importantly, you should be playing this game for yourself, not for the opinions of complete strangers. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

Beta Testers
1,527 posts
18,706 battles
3 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Starting over just for stats is pretty dumb. Stats should enhance the experience, not suck the life from it. Allowing people to start from scratch encourages the wrong things. 

Those that want a clean slate have probably rerolled already. 

^^^^ well said

Alpha Tester
3,710 posts
1,392 battles

I know for a fact that i am not the only person who would reset their account because they enjoy grinding :^)

As far as stats go, my ocd requires me to maintain a pure circle. Currently that pure circle is IJN. It would be nice to play other lines again, the new CLs look neat, and i enjoyed the german cruisers when i was testing them. Or maybe a french line. I notice nobody seems to play french cruisers.

But alas, i am trapped, enslaved, by my love of perfect circles, absolute ideals. That IJN circle i posses, it is not just a circle, it is circle, the ideal form, i have found its location. I had two perfect circles once, but i foolishly broke it, i broke my own rule! I broke the cruiser circle ;_;

Life is nothing but regrets and speculations. I will maintain my circle, and be in good company with the likes of Archimedes, who also enjoyed circles.

Edited by Elysion

Members
5,202 posts
2 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

To what end? 

The only reason I can think of is getting into a clan you want. However, if that clan has two wits, they'll look at your current performance rather than your overall performance. We were all terrible when we first started. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
1 minute ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

To what end? 

The only reason I can think of is getting into a clan you want. However, if that clan has two witts, they'll look at your current performance rather than your overall performance. We were all terrible when we first started. 

Well they basically tell me what I need to work on to an extent.

Members
5,202 posts
15 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Well they basically tell me what I need to work on to an extent.

Exactly how they should be used. But how would a wipe help with that?

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,811 posts
3,986 battles
Just now, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

And how would a wipe help with that?

Perhaps by making it easier to “wipe” the “bad stats” from the time you got introduced to the game. After all, making another account is time consuming (even though I have to question why do people do that).

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
6 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Exactly how they should be used. But how would a wipe help with that?

The question was more of a hypothetical question.  I was stupid in the beginning of the game and I'm just now trying to correct the mistake.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,938 posts
5,814 battles

A total wipe would be out of the question for me. I've got ships, captains, and collections that are no longer available like Iwaki Alpha, Ark Beta, the 3 Kamikaze sisters, Koenig Albert, Belfast, and the ARP ships and captains, and the 2 year anniversary collection. Not to mention all the time, effort and money invested into premium time, training captains, grinding, etc. Not worth it just for some stats.