Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nightlock_

Musashi question for WG and all who know

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
86 posts
7,232 battles

Hi guys! Im a relaticely new f2p player and I saw the musashi, and its beautiful. I wanted to get it but it will take a long time to save for, so i was wondering if musashi will be permanent, and if it does go away will it ever come back? Also whats the best way to grind free xp with non prems (except for t2 and t3 prems)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

Well Musashi has been out for almost a year now.  I've heard rumors its going to stay in game, but then again I've also heard that with Krondstant coming out as the next Free XP ship that Musashi will go away.  Don't count on it being there forever, but then again I could always be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,523
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,097 posts
17,163 battles

Musashi has been available for 6 months and will be available for a while longer, but nobody knows when it's going away, and those who know aren't telling.

Some people might draw parallels to Missouri, which was available for a year before being removed, but Missouri was 'problematic' according to WG. It earned too many credits. Musashi doesn't earn as much.

Some people might argue that the appearance of Kronshtadt heralds the removal of Musashi, but that's baseless assumption.

So the answer is 'we don't know'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,635
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,820 posts
14,639 battles

Its not worth it. wait for the mighty mo to come back, its much better and make twice the amount of credits!:fish_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,307
[WOLF3]
Members
24,811 posts
21,855 battles
1 minute ago, BladedPheonix said:

Its not worth it. wait for the mighty mo to come back, its much better and make twice the amount of credits!:fish_book:

Missouri as we know it is never coming back.  They COULD nerf her Money Printer, reskin it, and name it "New Jersey" or "Wisconsin" or whatever, but Money Bagz Missouri will never come back.  WG pulled it because it was making too much money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,961
[RKLES]
Members
11,803 posts
13,398 battles
10 minutes ago, Hassan_T said:

Hi guys! Im a relaticely new f2p player and I saw the musashi, and its beautiful. I wanted to get it but it will take a long time to save for, so i was wondering if musashi will be permanent, and if it does go away will it ever come back? Also whats the best way to grind free xp with non prems (except for t2 and t3 prems)

If you get Musashi then it will stay with you, as far as it staying in the shop goes, it should be around for a long time.

Grinding Free XP is best done with the free XP camo, Free XP Signal flags, and using minimum of tier 6, but the higher the better. I actually have been using ships like Yamato with the special free XP camo and Free XP signal flags and since we currently have +100% XP bonus on our first win of the day in each ship I load up for the first win. As F2P player you can get 5,000 to maybe 10,000 or so Free XP if you use a high tier ship when they have +100% or +200 daily bonus day, and if the ship is properly loaded upwith camo and signal flags. Just be careful to unload those special things off of your ship after getting the large bonus, so that you accidently don’t burn them on another battle that day in that ship.

And if you are lacking Premium ships be sure to consider the Nelson as well. I got Nelson a couple days ago and have been enjoying the ship, but then again I also already have the Missouri to farm credits for me. Not saying Musashi or Nelson is better choice over the other, but both are worthy of some consideration if you are looking at Free XP premium ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles

Musashi is a Yamato with zero AA. I'll wait till the last server shuts down before I spend any free xp on it. But you might enjoy it.

But i'll tell you this about what WG thinks of these things.

Missouri was suppose to stay. Devs said it would be there "Forever" that's quoted; as in it will always be available for those who stick it through and earn that 750k free xp the hard way. So don't expect the Musashi to stick around and to be pulled whenever they feel like it will earn them (or save them) a quick buck.

They could have easily nerfed the credit earnings if it was such a problem, but decided that "They didn't need 2 free premium ships occupying the same game". Seriously… again. Quoted (in so many words). Only to have 2 free premium ships now coming to the game.

Wish they'd just admit that their decision was a cash grab (for those who really wanted it but had to pay cash the rest of the way) and a lie (for the reasons it was pulled). Somehow they expected "too many ships in the game" was a believable excuse.

You've got a good year maybe. Maybe not. Depends on if they think they can get you to pay something for it really.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,523
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,097 posts
17,163 battles
2 minutes ago, Levits said:

Devs said it would be there "Forever"

No they didn't, AFAIK.

2 minutes ago, Levits said:

that's quoted

Then show me the original quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,219 posts
9,661 battles
40 minutes ago, Lert said:

So the answer is 'we don't know'.

Translation: Lert is having mixed results on his Musashi.

I was tempted but went all in on the Yamato (with Admiral Yamamoto), also with mixed results... so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,523
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,097 posts
17,163 battles
Just now, Stauffenberg44 said:

Translation: Lert is having mixed results on his Musashi.

Please explain that leap of logic to me, how lack of knowledge about future plans for Musashi means somehow I'm having doubts about my purchase.

No, really. Explain that one to me. You're the one who decided to make this personal, and I'm very curious to understand your reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
909
[TSF_1]
Members
3,298 posts
7,484 battles

Ah leave Lert alone. He's taken this thread rather personally, but I don't know why. Nothing we can do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyhow, @Levits is right that it was originally announced as permanent.

Why Free XP? We wanted to give experienced players a new way of unlocking cool ships. Unlike Premium ship sales, Missouri is here to stay, so players will have plenty of time to stock up on Free XP! 

Additional bolding/color added is mine.

Source: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/itsabouttime/

Edited by pewpewpew42
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles

Warning or not, they advertised this thing as a permanent addition to the tree. And months is a far cry from the amount of time I expected to be able to obtain her. Had I thought they would "lie" (if you can find a better word to describe the difference between what was originally posted and what they actually did, you can use that) and I should have been saving every drop of free xp on picking it up, I would have had it. But seeing as to how I took them at their word, using the accrued free xp I picked up for other things, racing day and night to pick it up in a few months wasn't going to happen.

Most people (and I can say that with some level of assuredness; because I doubt that there are that many people running around with 750k free xp in their accounts) paid to finish it off by the time of their deadline. Assumptions aside, I certainly didn't manage to get that remaining 500,000 to get the thing.

So, if the question is now "What did they mean by "HERE TO STAY"?" then you should really question the same of the Musashi and the new Russian ship.

 

Also... how did i end up messing with Lert?...

Edited by Levits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
393
[THREE]
Members
2,274 posts
12,222 battles

Hey

Setting all the bickering aside:  Is the Kronstadt really worth the 750K for a cruiser versus the 750K for the Musashi, obviously a BB?  I wish Wargaming would say whether or not the Musashi might go away and get replaced with the cruiser. I already have Missouri and he Nelson already.  Not sure I would like the somewhat campy play style of the Musashi.  One only has so much XP to use and want the most bang for the FreeXP Buck.  Thoughts?  

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
107 posts
5,585 battles

I was half way there (~450k free xp) when they announced it was going to be gone and I wasn't even close when they did remove it, if you didn't either cash out or play a crap ton with all bonuses I don't see how one would obtain a Mo in that time frame.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles
21 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Setting all the bickering aside:  Is the Kronstadt really worth the 750K for a cruiser versus the 750K for the Musashi, obviously a BB?  I wish Wargaming would say whether or not the Musashi might go away and get replaced with the cruiser. I already have Missouri and he Nelson already.  Not sure I would like the somewhat campy play style of the Musashi.  One only has so much XP to use and want the most bang for the FreeXP Buck.  Thoughts?  

 

Pete

Don't have a clue what the Russian cruiser is going to be able to do. Guaranteed that it will have better AA than the Musashi, some impressive long range, and Russian bias backing it (ok, that one is a joke... at least I hope it's only a joke...).

Musashi would likely still blow it out of the water in a one on one; if it can get it's shells on it. But I expect that the Kron will be a tough opponent and probably a cruiser in name only. If it's anything like the tier 10 Russian cruiser, might just be the Russian version of a BB.

I'll have to do some digging to look at the stats. I know that the Russian cruiser tree is full of some decent, long-range cruisers.

 

ok... sad thing is, I didn't even look the thing up before I typed all that and then found this. so... yeah, "Battle" Cruiser XD

Forget the Musashi, go for this thing. 9x305mm's 18.2 range (plus a spotter plane no doubt) 20 sec reload, 35.3 second turret traverse, 900m/s shell velocity. So... heavy, fast-firing guns. Check.

33.5knts, rudder shift at 15seconds, detectability at 14.3 (I'm guessing before skills and additions)… Repair party of course. So... around 11-12km concealment, good speed but a bit less than stellar turning (not bad for a BB though). Lightly armored against a Musashi's (or most other BB's) shells. But most likely on-par against most cruisers. 

Edited by Levits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,307
[WOLF3]
Members
24,811 posts
21,855 battles
On 30/05/2018 at 2:16 AM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Setting all the bickering aside:  Is the Kronstadt really worth the 750K for a cruiser versus the 750K for the Musashi, obviously a BB?  I wish Wargaming would say whether or not the Musashi might go away and get replaced with the cruiser. I already have Missouri and he Nelson already.  Not sure I would like the somewhat campy play style of the Musashi.  One only has so much XP to use and want the most bang for the FreeXP Buck.  Thoughts?  

 

Pete

They yanked Missouri, so nothing is "forever."

 

That said, whether you go for Kronshtadt or Musashi is all up to you and what you play.

Do you play BBs or Cruisers more?  Getting Kronshtadt if you're primarily a BB player and don't touch Cruisers much isn't going to be a sound purchase.

Did you like playing Yamato?  Because that's what you're essentially getting with Musashi, and some IJN BB players did not like Yamato and prefer Amagi instead.

Did you like playing RU Cruisers, especially the likes of big Moskva, Dmitri Donskoi?  Kronshtadt is more of that, but tweaked.  If you don't like playing RU Cruisers, then Kronshtadt isn't a sound buy.

 

If you go for one, if at all, then let it be the ship you're actually going to play and enjoy, not just because of reputation.  Example:

 

Someone a while back posted whether they should rush and get Missouri before WG pulled it from the store.  The OP in that thread even stated how he didn't like playing Iowa, which Missouri at her heart, is pretty identical.  Everyone in that thread was gushing, "Oh yes!  Go get MO right away!  She's great!  She's doing awesome in stats!"  I was the only one in that thread to warn the OP, "You said you didn't like Iowa and Missouri is still the same, but with Radar.  I don't suggest getting her."  Sure enough, the OP in that thread got her and expressed how much she hated playing her.  750k FreeXPs down the [edited].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
393
[THREE]
Members
2,274 posts
12,222 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

They yanked Missouri, so nothing is "forever."

 

That said, whether you go for Kronshtadt or Musashi is all up to you and what you play.

Do you play BBs or Cruisers more?  Getting Kronshtadt if you're primarily a BB player and don't touch Cruisers much isn't going to be a sound purchase.

Did you like playing Yamato?  Because that's what you're essentially getting with Musashi, and some IJN BB players did not like Yamato and prefer Amagi instead.

Did you like playing RU Cruisers, especially the likes of big Moskva, Dmitri Donskoi?  Kronshtadt is more of that, but tweaked.  If you don't like playing RU Cruisers, then Kronshtadt isn't a sound buy.

 

If you go for one, if at all, then let it be the ship you're actually going to play and enjoy, not just because of reputation.  Example:

 

Someone a while back posted whether they should rush and get Missouri before WG pulled it from the store.  The OP in that thread even stated how he didn't like playing Iowa, which Missouri at her heart, is pretty identical.  Everyone in that thread was gushing, "Oh yes!  Go get MO right away!  She's great!  She's doing awesome in stats!"  I was the only one in that thread to warn the OP, "You said you didn't like Iowa and Missouri is still the same, but with Radar.  I don't suggest getting her."  Sure enough, the OP in that thread got her and expressed how much she hated playing her.  750k FreeXPs down the sh*tter.

Hey

As someone who plays BB's and Cruisers nearly equally, and DD's too for that matter, although I am still learning the whole DD thing.  I'm not a fan of the campy playstyle of the Yamato (Musashi?) and I presently have the FDG (sucks) and Roon for T9 + Missouri and soon to have the Alsace.  I think I would like the Kronstadt playstyle more than that of the Musashi but the unknown factor is whether or not the Kronstadt will replace the Musashi for T9 or be in addition to.  I have about 1.1million XP on hand, so only enough for 1 ship.  I am very glad I got the Missouri so don't want to lose out if it can be helped. If I get the Musashi, then save up for the Kronstadt later but I also have other ships that could use the XP on.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoWS Community Contributors
309 posts
2 hours ago, Hassan_T said:

Hi guys! Im a relaticely new f2p player and I saw the musashi, and its beautiful. I wanted to get it but it will take a long time to save for, so i was wondering if musashi will be permanent, and if it does go away will it ever come back? Also whats the best way to grind free xp with non prems (except for t2 and t3 prems)

I find Musashi quite fun. And you play a lot and have some flags that boost free xp it shouldn't take more than a few weeks to earn. It was released in January so it has been out for 5, nearly 6 months. Missouri was out for 1 year before it was replaced with Musashi so if that happens again, you have about 6 months to complete it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
107 posts
5,585 battles
20 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

As someone who plays BB's and Cruisers nearly equally, and DD's too for that matter, although I am still learning the whole DD thing.  I'm not a fan of the campy playstyle of the Yamato (Musashi?) and I presently have the FDG (sucks) and Roon for T9 + Missouri and soon to have the Alsace.  I think I would like the Kronstadt playstyle more than that of the Musashi but the unknown factor is whether or not the Kronstadt will replace the Musashi for T9 or be in addition to.  I have about 1.1million XP on hand, so only enough for 1 ship.  I am very glad I got the Missouri so don't want to lose out if it can be helped. If I get the Musashi, then save up for the Kronstadt later but I also have other ships that could use the XP on.

 

Pete

The Musashi won't be replaced, at least not anytime soon, since they haven't announced anything about its removal and the Kronstadt is coming in a few days.

Edited by Ganbaruzoi_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,811 posts
3,863 battles

I would say Kronshtadt is for the player who is experienced in RU CA and some kind of BB experience as she is a mix of the two-somewhat like a battlecruiser but with cruiser guns. I would describe it as a “Large Cruiser” (referring to the classification of the Alaska-class cruiser that borders the line of battlecruiser). It is basically a giant Russian cruiser with Repair Party. And from what I have heard, a particular caution must be said about angling. Even when your armor and HP is good for a cruiser, your 25 mm bow nor your belt armor will save you from BBs. The former is due to overmatch and the latter is due to sufficent AP shell peneration and good old Russian CA raised citadels. Just angle in it like you would in a Moskva. But then again, I am not an expert with RU CAs nor am I an expert on Kronstadht. 

For Musashi, she is a Yamato with 1.8 sigma (meaning a greater spread of the shells fired in a salvo I think) and poor AA. If you like Yamato, you will like Musashi. She has the same overmatch ability as Yamato and she is better than Izumo. Problem is AA and her rudder shift time won’t compensate for it (torp dodge). Albeit, her high torpedo damage reduction does somewhat compensate. But I am getting offtrack. She is a slightly nerfed Tier 9 Yamato for all intents and purposes. I would reccommend Musashi to those who:

1. Likes and has fun in IJN BBs, especially Yamato

2. Those who have Yamato but have no perma camo. (If you have Yamato, get the perma camo.)

3. Those who collect ships

It is also perferable if said people aren’t used to having good AA. You will be in for a rude awakening for those who expect good AA from every ship because as stated before, Musashi’s AA is horrendously bad for its tier. But thankfully, CVs are a rare breed these days.

Basically, get the ship you feel you are good at. Don’t be forced to buy a ship because you are told so. Research and decide for yourself. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,141
[LEGIO]
Members
3,374 posts
7,104 battles

It's "here to stay" just like Missouri was so it could be gone as soon as WG wants to prod people to do FXP conversion to get it before it's gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×