You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
clowlock

I'm glad the game has so many XP boosters.

5 comments in this topic

Members
1,430 posts
3,437 battles

As the title states, i'm glad the game has so many xp boosting stuff, it really helps shorten the grind and prevents the game from turning into a boring grindfest (one of the reasons i left WoT a while ago.)

Also i believe that getting big numbers at the end of a battle encourages people to continue playing the game.

Numbers like these:

Spoiler

2213_zps4kwvohvn.png

(maybe bragging a bit too)

You can bet i wanted to continue playing after that. It's satisfying to get big numbers like that and without a premium account too! This is something i like because in WoT a premium account is basically a must if you don't want to bore yourself grinding, but in WoWs you can still make a lot of profit and XP even without a premium acc. (maybe WoT has changed, my info is pretty old since i stopped playing it a couple of years ago and never came back)

As far as missions go i like them, but i do believe the objectives should be doable for all ship clases and also kept low tier so that people who haven't unlocked tier VIII ships or tier X ships can also have access to those rewards.

For example:

IIRC the Franz Von Jutland stage 4 required you get 50 secondary battery hits (or sth like that) but someone who only has a tier 8 destroyer (like me, my only tier 8 is the Benson) it's impossible to do. (i admit it's kinda my fault since i'm terrible at managing my credits and also tend to spread out grinding instead of focusing on 1 line but im trying to improve there.)

That and maybe make some of the mission ships just a bit small bit better, i had the Tachibana and sold it because it wasn't all that great compared to other tier 2 DDs, did the same to the Varyag after a couple of games, but this is more nit-picking since it's free unique premium ships.

There 's probably more to be said and i understand the game isn't perfect and has it's problems but i just wanted to say this, thanks to all the XP buffs i was able to go trough the USN DD line pretty quickly and get my first tier 8. (aside from the russian DDs, since i had the old Kiev)

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
4,089 posts
9,471 battles

WoWS is very much, pay to grind.

Honestly I think that's ok. Some premiums are good but relatively few are pay2win the way many games are... yes there are exceptions but the vast majority are not pay2win.

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts
4 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

WoWS is very much, pay to grind.

Honestly I think that's ok. Some premiums are good but relatively few are pay2win the way many games are... yes there are exceptions but the vast majority are not pay2win.

I agree. I like that the only real benefit a premium account offers is the grind is faster. So someone who has no money but plenty of time can achieve everything a premium account can.

[WOLFA]
Members
754 posts
5,705 battles

I jumped in my Bismarck and loaded up the flags and completed the Jutland in about 10 battles. Racked up the exp to the Friedrich.