You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
megahugenoob

Des Moines --->Baltimore

15 comments in this topic

[JMMAF]
Members
436 posts
7,501 battles

Hello Captains,

I apologize in advance if some of this has been answered, I have tried to read before asking, but I didn't see my exact scenario covered so I figured I would ask.

I recently gained enough experience on the New Orleans to unlock the Baltimore.  I went ahead and unlocked it, but seeing as how the Baltimore is going to be downranked from T9 to T8, should I wait to buy it?  I am assuming the cost will be cheaper correct?  Is there any reason to buy it now?    

If I did buy it now and Stuck a Rank 10 Commander in it, would I get a 2nd  Rank 10 Commander?

Also, my cleveland has around 40k XP on it (elite XP).  I am assuming that XP will be carried over to T8 when the ship gets up ranked?

Thank you in advance. Sorry again if it has been covered.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
379 posts
11,616 battles

If you had unlocked the (T9) Baltimore, you will get the new T9 Buffalo unlocked. If you then purchase the (T9) Baltimore, you will also get new Buffalo as well. 

If you already have the (T8) New Orleans purchased, you will get new (T8) Baltimore as well as the (T7) New Orleans. If you had purchased (T9) Baltimore and the (T8) New Orleans, you will get some amount of credits as compensation for duplicate ship. Note this amount will not be enough to purchase new T9 Buffalo.

Your current (T6) Cleveland captain will be retrained to (T6) Pensacola. You will get new 8 skilled commander assign to your (T8) Cleveland. Your (T8) Cleveland will also be stock, experience from (T6) Cleveland will transfer to the (T6) Pensacola and will not be transfer over. In short, experience and captain always stay with tier, not the ship. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,994 battles
10 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

Hello Captains,

I apologize in advance if some of this has been answered, I have tried to read before asking, but I didn't see my exact scenario covered so I figured I would ask.

I recently gained enough experience on the New Orleans to unlock the Baltimore.  I went ahead and unlocked it, but seeing as how the Baltimore is going to be downranked from T9 to T8, should I wait to buy it?  I am assuming the cost will be cheaper correct?  Is there any reason to buy it now?    

If I did buy it now and Stuck a Rank 10 Commander in it, would I get a 2nd  Rank 10 Commander?

Also, my cleveland has around 40k XP on it (elite XP).  I am assuming that XP will be carried over to T8 when the ship gets up ranked?

Thank you in advance. Sorry again if it has been covered.

First, most of the normal poster don't have a problem answering you. Ignore the salty ones.

So you have researched the Baltimore, so now you will have Buffalo researched. Both Baltimore and Buffalo are expected to cost 13.6M silver. If you buy Baltimore now and also have New Orleans in port, you will get a duplicate Baltimore which will get you a 8.9M silver refund for the Baltimore duplicate. You will also get a Buffalo in port if you have a Baltimore in port fitted out the same as the current Balti. If you have the Baltimore in port, you get a free 8pt captain for the new T8 CA Baltimore.

If you put the 10 pt cmdr into the Baltimore tonight, he will be retrained for the T9 Buffalo tomorrow.

Your T6 Cleveland elite XP will be inherited by the T6 CA Pensacola. Your T8 Cleveland, having moved up tier(s) will be stock.

• Cool 1

[JMMAF]
Members
436 posts
7,501 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

First, most of the normal poster don't have a problem answering you. Ignore the salty ones.

So you have researched the Baltimore, so now you will have Buffalo researched. Both Baltimore and Buffalo are expected to cost 13.6M silver. If you buy Baltimore now and also have New Orleans in port, you will get a duplicate Baltimore which will get you a 8.9M silver refund for the Baltimore duplicate. You will also get a Buffalo in port if you have a Baltimore in port fitted out the same as the current Balti. If you have the Baltimore in port, you get a free 8pt captain for the new T8 CA Baltimore.

If you put the 10 pt cmdr into the Baltimore tonight, he will be retrained for the T9 Buffalo tomorrow.

Your T6 Cleveland elite XP will be inherited by the T6 CA Pensacola. Your T8 Cleveland, having moved up tier(s) will be stock.

Great info! thanks so much bud!

[JMMAF]
Members
436 posts
7,501 battles
5 minutes ago, axyarthur said:

If you had unlocked the (T9) Baltimore, you will get the new T9 Buffalo unlocked. If you then purchase the (T9) Baltimore, you will also get new Buffalo as well. 

If you already have the (T8) New Orleans purchased, you will get new (T8) Baltimore as well as the (T7) New Orleans. If you had purchased (T9) Baltimore and the (T8) New Orleans, you will get some amount of credits as compensation for duplicate ship. Note this amount will not be enough to purchase new T9 Buffalo.

Your current (T6) Cleveland captain will be retrained to (T6) Pensacola. You will get new 8 skilled commander assign to your (T8) Cleveland. Your (T8) Cleveland will also be stock, experience from (T6) Cleveland will transfer to the (T6) Pensacola and will not be transfer over. In short, experience and captain always stay with tier, not the ship. 

Thank you for the reply! Appreciated.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,719 posts
14,417 battles

So basically, it is best to purchase the Baltimore now, as you will earn credit for free ship which you don't have to spend to buy eg The Buffalo and other freebies coming. Baltimore cost 13 mils at current stage t9 so that you don't have to spend another 13 mils for the Buffalo, before/after the split. Put your commander into reverse spots now anyway

[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,994 battles
9 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

Great info! thanks so much bud!

You are welcome and some of us have been hashing this out for months, so I finally got my stuff straight on the split. :)

[RLGN]
Members
13,295 posts
23,188 battles
41 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are welcome and some of us have been hashing this out for months, so I finally got my stuff straight on the split. :)

Only thing different I might wish for after having my original question answered; would be that Des Moines get dropped to tier 9; that way WG could create a paper napkin at Tier 10 for the USN, to go with all the other paper napkins that reside there.

[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,994 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Only thing different I might wish for after having my original question answered; would be that Des Moines get dropped to tier 9; that way WG could create a paper napkin at Tier 10 for the USN, to go with all the other paper napkins that reside there.

That would be nice, since paper ships seem to get whatever was highest for stats, while real ships do not.

[HELLS]
Members
2,506 posts
24,877 battles

Alaska at T10?? I drool at the chin dreaming about the ''Large Heavy Cruiser'', which is how the USN classed them. At last, a fair match for Moskva! Won't happen, though...too bad....

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles
1 hour ago, megahugenoob said:

If you buy it now, you will have the new Buffalo and a substantial credit bonus when the update happens (8.9 million). You should definitely buy it. 

The 10 point commander you put in Baltimore would be transfered to the new Buffalo and you will get an 8 point commander for the new baltimore, so you won't get a 10 point commander. 

Nothing goes to tier 8 with the Cleveland except for the permanant camo if you bought one. The ship will be unequipped, stock, and have no XP on it. The XP, research progress, and captain will move to the new Pensacola. 

Hope that helped elaborate a little, the general rule for the ship replacements is "you lose nothing." Buy as much as you can now. Also, remember that if you have a permanent camo, it stays on that ship and a duplicate is given to its replacement. For example, I bought a camo for New Orleans so I will have a camo for both New Orleans and Baltimore tomorrow.  The best value here is for Cleveland, since a tier 6 permanent camo costs 1,000 dubloons whereas a tier 8 permanent camo costs 3,000. 

Also remember to make sure you have all of the gun upgrades researched and mounted. You get an XP and credit bonus for having these. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,994 battles
9 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Alaska at T10?? I drool at the chin dreaming about the ''Large Heavy Cruiser'', which is how the USN classed them. At last, a fair match for Moskva! Won't happen, though...too bad....

With Stalingrad at T10, Alaska will probably be a tier 10 as well.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,503 posts
4,602 battles

3 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Also remember to make sure you have all of the gun upgrades researched and mounted. You get an XP and credit bonus for having these. 

That doesn't make sense.  You get back what you spent, no more.  If you don't have a gun upgrade, just leave it.