x1s7

Lost 2 stars for ranked loss

5 comments in this topic

[TDSIN]
[TDSIN]
Members
7 posts
3,115 battles

I am level 5 ranked.  I started the game with 3 stars.  We lost.

As the game ended I saw the animation where you lose a star, but I LOST 2 STARS.  I'm now level 5 with 1 star, down from 5 with 3 stars.

What is happening here?

PS- I only play 1 ship in ranked, so no "you lost on some other ship in some other game" is not what is happening here.  It's quite impossible for more than 1 ranked to be going at a time for me because I only ever play the 1 ship in ranked.

Edited by x1s7

[STW-N]
Members
3,768 posts
8,540 battles
22 minutes ago, x1s7 said:

I am level 5 ranked.  I started the game with 3 stars.  We lost.

As the game ended I saw the animation where you lose a star, but I LOST 2 STARS.  I'm now level 5 with 1 star, down from 5 with 3 stars.

What is happening here?

PS- I only play 1 ship in ranked, so no "you lost on some other ship in some other game" is not what is happening here.  It's quite impossible for more than 1 ranked to be going at a time for me because I only ever play the 1 ship in ranked.

Maybe restart the game?

It could be a graphical glitch.

[TDSIN]
[TDSIN]
Members
7 posts
3,115 battles
9 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Maybe restart the game?

It could be a graphical glitch.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I played 2 more games, both wins, and then I restarted my client.  It shows rank 5 with 3 stars.

So I definitely seem to have lost 2 stars from that 1 loss.  :(

Members
479 posts
11,662 battles

Is it possible that you still had an unresolved match in progress when you started the match that you lost, and the unresolved match was also a loss, so 2 losses occurred but you only saw one because you exited the other early ?

[TDSIN]
[TDSIN]
Members
7 posts
3,115 battles
2 minutes ago, Visidious said:

Is it possible that you still had an unresolved match in progress when you started the match that you lost, and the unresolved match was also a loss, so 2 losses occurred but you only saw one because you exited the other early ?

Not possible.  I never leave ranked early because I only play 1 ship in ranked.  If the match is still going then I stay in it.  If my team is doing well I cheer them on.  Either way, I watch until the end.