You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Avoiding new commanders in USN cruiser change

42 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
13,497 posts
23,535 battles
22 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Easier for you perhaps, but I'd rather they error on the side of giving people more than they want, rather than less. 

No issue with that of course. Just looking for some kind of ‘opt out’ workaround.

3 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Commander slots are half off right now, 50 dubloons for 4 slots, that's $.05 per slot if you buy dubloons in $100 increments (i.e. $1 = 250 dubloons). I'm at 32/113 vacant right now and will probably buy more because I've already deleted ones I don't need and I never get a new one with a ship these days.

Have received tonnes of reserve slots in containers; I think I maybe expanded my reserve deliberately once, over two years ago, as an experiment.

If I can do so, I avoid purchasing any ship with a commander if possible.

That’s part of my problem. I was so green when I first started playing back in 2015 I didn’t understand about moving captains up, which meant a new one for every ship. Think it took six months or so before something someone said finally hit me like being clocked with a 2x4, and I understood how I’d screwed that up.

[LUCK]
Members
1,796 posts
28,373 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Even captains in the reserve will be retrained in this patch. I tested it in the 7.5 PTS.

That had better NOT be the case for the live server. That's total [edited] if so.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,561 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Even captains in the reserve will be retrained in this patch. I tested it in the 7.5 PTS.

Skill Reset which means if I pull my 19Pt Tier 6 Cleveland I can put him right back in the tier 8 after the patch goes live and pocket the XP rewarded for the split. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,633 posts
4,602 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Having read and understood the changes to the ships themselves; if I remove the current captains from the ships that will be removed with 0.7.5, will that prevent new captains from appearing in the new ships? Or will the 8 point captains still appear?

Trust me; I don't need any new captains; and I know I can just dimiss them; but I'd rather not get them in the first place.

No way around it.  You will get the new captains anyway - put on your ship if there isn't one already, and pushed into reserve (with a Reserve slot) if there is one on the ship.  Only Buffalo gets no captain (why not?).

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
5 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Skill Reset which means if I pull my 19Pt Tier 6 Cleveland I can put him right back in the tier 8 after the patch goes live and pocket the XP rewarded for the split. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

According to the 7.5 notes, all current Cleveland captains will be retrained for Pensacola. You can play a T6 CA Pensacola battle in any mode after the split and get 190,000 Elite Cpt XP to move/reskill your old Cleveland captain to the new T8 Cleveland.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
9 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

That had better NOT be the case for the live server. That's total [edited] if so.

Well it is almost certainly, 99.99+% what they are doing. After the split, if you play a T6 CA Pensacola in any mode, you get 190,000 Elite Cpt XP for fixing your old Cleveland captain.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,633 posts
4,602 battles
22 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Totally the case, as we've been saying for a couple months now.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,561 battles
18 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

According to the 7.5 notes, all current Cleveland captains will be retrained for Pensacola. You can play a T6 CA Pensacola battle in any mode after the split and get 190,000 Elite Cpt XP to move/reskill your old Cleveland captain to the new T8 Cleveland.

I mean I don't want my 19Pt Cleveland captain in the Pensacola. I pull him send him to the reserve prior to patch drop he is already trained on the Cleveland cept it's now 2 tiers higher. Now I get to pocket the 190K and use it for something I deem more useful. I'm not keeping the tier 6 anyhow so I get to keep my 19 in the Cleveland by simply putting it in the reserve. I don't know how to explain it any clearer than that. Sometimes I wish the forum had voice coms.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,633 posts
4,602 battles
5 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I pull him send him to the reserve prior to patch drop he is already trained on the Cleveland cept it's now 2 tiers higher. Now I get to pocket the 190K

How many times does it have to be said?  IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.  Any Cleveland captain in Reserve or anywhere else will be re-trained for Pensacola.**  No way around it. 

If you want him on T8 Cleveland, you have to spend the ECXP (or a lot of battles).

** Except the new 8-pt on new Cleveland.

Edited by iDuckman

[LUCK]
Members
1,796 posts
28,373 battles
15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well it is almost certainly, 99.99+% what they are doing. After the split, if you play a T6 CA Pensacola in any mode, you get 190,000 Elite Cpt XP for fixing your old Cleveland captain.

2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Totally the case, as we've been saying for a couple months now.

There had better be free retraining as well. I have 2- 19 point, Cleveland captain that are useless to me on Pensacola.

Just another reason for me to tell them to go s*** in their hat. I have 100 days left on premium time that's it. No more doubloon purchases., santa crates., premium ships., no nothing.

It will take me a while to burn through 200000000 credits without premium and if I ever get low I can always go on a Missouri binge.

I'm not shooting the messengers just venting.

If I am misunderstanding, please correct me. As long as my Cleveland captains are Cleveland captains 24 hours from now, I'm OK.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,633 posts
4,602 battles

No, you're covered, just in a different way.  That's what the 190,000 ECXP mission is for, to respec or re-train your captain.  Just play one game in Pensacola.

IIRC, that's not quite enough for a full re-train, but it more than covers it with the 200K Cr re-train option.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
9 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I mean I don't want my 19Pt Cleveland captain in the Pensacola. I pull him send him to the reserve prior to patch drop he is already trained on the Cleveland cept it's now 2 tiers higher. Now I get to pocket the 190K and use it for something I deem more useful. I'm not keeping the tier 6 anyhow so I get to keep my 19 in the Cleveland by simply putting it in the reserve. I don't know how to explain it any clearer than that. Sometimes I wish the forum had voice coms.

5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

How many times does it have to be said?  IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.  Any Cleveland captain in Reserve or anywhere else will be re-trained for Pensacola.**  No way around it. 

If you want him on T8 Cleveland, you have to spend the ECXP (or a lot of battles).

** Except the new 8-pt on new Cleveland.

Yep, iDuckman has been saying the same thing. According to the patch notes, ALL current Cleveland captains will be retrained for the Pensacola. I tested this in the playtest server with a captain in the reserve and he was retrained for the new ship.

The possibility was raised about putting your Cleveland captain into a US premium ship to avoid the retraining. I am 99.99+% sure that will NOT work either and the Cleveland captain, sitting in Atlanta say, will also be retrained for Pensacola. There were no premiums on the 7.5 PTS, so there is a very small, almost infinitesimal chance that will work, but I highly doubt it. 

Just now, Wye_So_Serious said:

There had better be free retraining as well. I have 2- 19 point, Cleveland captain that are useless to me on Pensacola.

Just another reason for me to tell them to go s*** in their hat. I have 100 days left on premium time that's it. No more doubloon purchases., santa crates., premium ships., no nothing.

It will take me a while to burn through 200000000 credits without premium and if I ever get low I can always go on a Missouri binge.

I'm not shooting the messengers just venting.

If I am misunderstanding, please correct me. As long as my Cleveland captains are Cleveland captains 24 hours from now, I'm OK.

No free retraining of US cruiser captains is expected. WG spokesman have said that their will be none after the split.

The late addition of getting 190,000 Elite Captain XP by playing one T6 CA Pensacola battle in any mode after the split, is the only concession that we have been given for moving old Cleveland captains to the new T8 Cleveland after they have been retrained on the Pensacola.

I understand that people with 19pt captains in T6-T9 are not happy, but that is what we have as of today.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,633 posts
4,602 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I understand that people with 19pt captains in T6-T9 are not happy, but that is what we have as of today.

Given that the only thing that changed under T7-9 captains is the name of the ship, I don't think they have much of a case.

Alpha Tester
937 posts
7,720 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The current T6 Cleveland captains will be retrained for the T6 Pensacola.

The current T7 Pensacola captains will be retrained for the T7 New Orleans.

The current T8 New Orleans captains will be retrained for the T8 Baltimore.

The current T9 Baltimore captains will be retrained for the T9 Buffalo.

No retrained captain will lose any skills or XP.

If you have the T6 Cleveland in port, you will get an 8pt T8 Cleveland captain.

If you have the T7 Pensacola in port, you will get a 6pt T6 Pensacola captain.

If you have the T8 New Orleans in port, you will get a 7pt T7 New Orleans captain.

If you have the T9 Baltimore in port, you will get an 8 pt T8 Baltimore captain.

This is very clearly what the site says and this is what I am going off of, because I DO NOT want to lose my 15 point Captain.  

Can we get a Staff post to confirm this and clarify that anything other than this is disinfo?

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Given that the only thing that changed under T7-9 captains is the name of the ship, I don't think they have much of a case.

For the super-serious, there are a few differences between the ships where I can see wanting to spec each one different. To me, it is not a big deal and I'll leave them where they land for now.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
Just now, Big_Tidday_Goth_GF said:

This is very clearly what the site says and this is what I am going off of, because I DO NOT want to lose my 15 point Captain.  

Can we get a Staff post to confirm this and clarify that anything other than this is disinfo?

You won't lose your 15pt cpt, he will just stay in tier and be retrained for the new ship that lands on that tier. 

Here is all the split details in all its glory and various combinations.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/american-cruisers/

[RLGN]
Members
13,497 posts
23,535 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

For the super-serious, there are a few differences between the ships where I can see wanting to spec each one different. To me, it is not a big deal and I'll leave them where they land for now.

Probably will as well, might move my current Pensy captain back in afterwards; the two have been good together.

52 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

No way around it.  You will get the new captains anyway - put on your ship if there isn't one already, and pushed into reserve (with a Reserve slot) if there is one on the ship.  Only Buffalo gets no captain (why not?).

Who knows, odds are Ill never play Buffalo anywhere but Co-op anyway.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet