You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_RC1138

American Arc Revealed (Tier X Premium Salem for Coal, New Base Structure, new OP in 7.6)

160 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Because it is kinda not obvious (it isn't a news item, but rather the Halsey picture to the right of the news feed), there is ANOTHER announcement with the patch notes, the American arc and what is coming with what patch:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/usa-arc/

Night Battles are the theme of 0.7.6 w/ CL's and a so called, "Go Navy," in 0.7.7 with events and camos.

93f26820-633f-11e8-b1cb-d89d6715223c.jpg

Also, speaking as a West Pointer, I cannot see the phrase "Go Navy" and not respond with the only truth, Go Army. Beat Navy.

25694338_1511819394.7229.jpg

Also, WGing has entered a new era of WoWs: the first Tier X Premium Ship.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 11
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
7,907 posts
13,067 battles
24 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Which I distinctly remember them saying a long time ago would never happen.  Never say never to subs anything... *cough*   (yes, I went there)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TBW]
Members
9,548 posts
16,311 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Which I distinctly remember them saying a long time ago would never happen.  Never say never to subs anything... *cough*   (yes, I went there)

I thought they just said they would not sell them. You know, for cash, greenbacks, money, legal tender, scratch etc...

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
574 posts
15,214 battles

does this mean no USS Massachusetts for at least the next three patches?

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
17,539 posts
12,181 battles
6 minutes ago, Stongatola said:

For coal?  I'm a little confused.

All will be explained and described in due course.

[LUCK]
Members
1,771 posts
27,611 battles

7.7 shows "loyalty points and rewards" ... Interesting given someone (not me) not too long was summarily drawn and quartered here in the forums for suggesting this idea.

Obviously, no idea what it means but perhaps some forumites should take heed and refrain from constantly urinating on suggestions offered here.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,853 battles

Go Navy, Beat Army! 

• Cool 4

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
12 minutes ago, nagasakee said:

does this mean no USS Massachusetts for at least the next three patches?

Not necessarily; Premiums seem to less follow a schedule and more seem to be 'done when they're done,' or whenever WGing decides they need that revenue. So they may not know EXACTLY when Mass. will be done and thus, not something you can scheduled, but that doesn't mean it can't be done next week. When the Monthly Mission forecast comes out I will be curious to see if any reference to the Mass is present.

17 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

But that's kinda the point: there are not hard, fast rules that say, "Legally as an entity we cannot release *insert random thing*" If they want to do a whole series of Tier X prems, nothing is stopping them.

6 minutes ago, Stongatola said:

For coal?  I'm a little confused.

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

All will be explained and described in due course.

You don't have to wait: Coal is a new currency that will be given out from Ranked/CW play as well as dropping from daily crates from time to time. Supposedly, they will back-pay you what you 'would have' earned.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

7.7 shows "loyalty points and rewards" ... Interesting given someone (not me) not too long was summarily drawn and quartered here in the forums for suggesting this idea.

Obviously, no idea what it means but perhaps some forumites should take heed and refrain from constantly urinating on suggestions offered here.

Likely refers to Steel/Coal, which is said to be given in 'back pay.'

So, making total numbers up, let's say each star in Ranked Nets 10 Steel and 5 Coal. And let's say you got 5 stars in the last 5 Ranked Seasons, you would then be granted immediately 50 Steel and 25 coal. This sounds like the most likely thing given it's standard practice in the games' industry when currency changes happen/new currencies introduced.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
796 posts
3,772 battles
3 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

If I recall it right it will be related to a “clash of the elements” style of event that will happen in the future

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,024 battles
49 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Because it is kinda not obvious (it isn't a news item, but rather the Halsey picture to the right of the news feed), there is ANOTHER announcement with the patch notes, the American arc and what is coming with what patch:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/usa-arc/

Night Battles are the theme of 0.7.6 w/ CL's and a so called, "Go Navy," in 0.7.7 with events and camos.

93f26820-633f-11e8-b1cb-d89d6715223c.jpg

Also, speaking as a West Pointer, I cannot see the phrase "Go Navy" and not respond with the only truth, Go Army. Beat Navy.

25694338_1511819394.7229.jpg

tumblr_ltukl5WjHt1qke8t0o1_400.gif

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,771 posts
27,611 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Supposedly, they will back-pay you what you 'would have' earned.

Wow, very cool...if it happens.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Also worth bringing up: it appears that the date for 7.6 dropping will be about the same time as July 4th, which does in fact fall on a Wednesday this year so it may very well fall the same day.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Meh. I mean, great for the people who love the Salem, I guess.

We have no sense of pricing or value of coal yet; given that it's a *Tier 10* I expect it unlikely that even someone who has ranked out for every season could afford it yet. My suspicion, given the potential powerhouse that a DM w/ RN Cruiser heal will be, it will be set up to be an EXCEEDINGLY rare Premium.

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
25 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I thought they just said they would not sell them. You know, for cash, greenbacks, money, legal tender, scratch etc...

That's what they did, dunno why people are doomcalling over this.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

That's what they did, dunno why people are doomcalling over this.

Is anyone doomcalling? No one is doomcalling. Everyone kinda knew they were gona make TX premiums EVENTUALLY, especially after the Black/Missouri dropped.

Just now, Akeno017 said:

It doest have the radar of a DM, it trades all of it for a heal.

Also coal is the random battles resource, Steel is ranked/CW.

It still has radar, just a worse one. Not a bad trade IMO as a USN Cruiser main.

And Coal was said to come from all sources. Steel is the 'better' one, and Coal kinda comes from everything.

Edited by _RC1138

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

We have no sense of pricing or value of coal yet; given that it's a *Tier 10* I expect it unlikely that even someone who has ranked out for every season could afford it yet. My suspicion, given the potential powerhouse that a DM w/ RN Cruiser heal will be, it will be set up to be an EXCEEDINGLY rare Premium.

It doest have the radar of a DM, it trades all of it for a heal.

Also coal is the random battles resource, Steel is ranked/CW.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,031 posts
17,622 battles
26 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:
52 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Which I distinctly remember them saying a long time ago would never happen.

If it's being sold for in-game currency that can only be earned through long-term play (with an emphasis on competitive modes, according to the same rumor), it seems like it avoids wallet warrioring in a similar way to the FXP ships. In fact, unless coal and steel can be bought somehow, it's even further buffered from that possibility.

[LUCK]
Members
1,771 posts
27,611 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

Also worth bringing up: it appears that the date for 7.6 dropping will be about the same time as July 4th, which does in fact fall on a Wednesday this year so it may very well fall the same day.

I can hear it now "Kids, I know it's the 4th of july and its 96 degrees out and you want to swim and need to be supervised but dammit 7.6 dropped today. Go eat a popsicle and watch Netflix or something."

• Funny 3

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

If it's being sold for in-game currency that can only be earned through long-term play (with an emphasis on competitive modes, according to the same rumor), it seems like it avoids wallet warrioring in a similar way to the FXP ships. In fact, unless coal and steel can be bought somehow, it's even further buffered from that possibility.

Well, it's a manner of perspective; for example it is already been said that coal can drop from daily containers. In a manner of speaking, you can pay to get them; that is, you pay for Premium time/Flags you net your XP faster and it's easier to hit 3 Crates per day. PTW can be insidious, and is not black and white (which is the part that seems to make most people uncomfortable, just how gray moneitziation can be) and never assume you are getting *anything* for free.

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Is anyone doomcalling? No one is doomcalling. Everyone kinda knew they were gona make TX premiums EVENTUALLY, especially after the Black/Missouri dropped.

Apart from the fact that Missouri and Fxps are separate to normal premiums, not being sold for real life cash. And black is a reward ship, shes entirely different.