You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ironman_tx

How long does increase to bloom to surface detect ability last when not spotted?

5 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
14,024 battles

I understand the situation where a ship is detected when an enemy ship has a line of sight within the max firing range but what I struggle to figure out is how long that bloom last.  I have situations where i am out of the line of sight and I fire my main battery - remain undetected and then several seconds later I come into LOS ( example move outside of cover of an island) but still outside of my standard detection range and I am detected.  The wiki states "However, if the ship remains undetected at the moment of the bloom it will reset immediately." but does the bloom last as long as the shell is in flight or just at the exact moment of the guns being fired? This also occurs when I am detected after firing my main guns - duck behind an island and go undetected then several seconds later emerge behind cover and without firing my main guns detection is established.  I am sure this situation is just a mechanic that I don't understand but really wanted to know the duration of the bloom as it has caught me exposed several times where i thought it was safe to move outside of the cover. 

Most of the situations I observed on replays are in a DD where I have low detection range so its unlikely

Members
1,776 posts
6,729 battles

Press "H" in battle. It will provide information about the ship you are playing. Here you will also see that gun bloom lasts for 20 seconds when spotted, together with your concealment going up and down.

[TBW]
Members
9,542 posts
16,290 battles

It lasts the longest 20 seconds in your life, every time. You can still stealth fire at ships if they are not in your range yet and will remain undetected so it resets right away and has nothing to do with shell flight time. Kind of strange also, is that some times when I fire in smoke and leave it I get detected for the 20 seconds but sometimes I shoot and leave smoke and am undetected. I don't know why.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[KSC]
Supertester
2,215 posts
13,107 battles

Ahh I see what you are asking.   The bloom lasts 2 seconds if nothing detects you due to the bloom.  However if detected at any point the bloom will then last a full 20 seconds.