You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_redReiter

Dev strike but no Dev Strike?

8 comments in this topic

Members
67 posts
24,142 battles

So I put a bunch of torps into a Nagato for 52K and sank her.  Great but NO Dev Strike was registered.  First time seeing this.  Is it new?  Have I been lucky?

Thanks,

rR

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,014 posts
7,682 battles

The only possible explanation is the game decided your torpedoes were too spread out to count as a being "a single salvo".....but still, that looks like a dev strike to me :Smile_amazed:

*edit

Just based on a rough glance at the Youtube time stamps, it was around 5-6 seconds between your first torpedo hit, and your last.  I'm not sure what the time required for a Dev Strike is....but that might be pushing it. 

Edited by yashma

[DOMN8]
Members
151 posts
7,872 battles

I think it was because of the DCP that was use it stopped the 'continuous damage' from the flooding and that made the first torp hits and second torp hits have a damage gap between them, so he was no longer full(ish) HP but under 40% when the other torps connected. 

[SHAFT]
Members
790 posts
16,478 battles

I may be wrong, but I think the last tick of his HP got erased as a result of the flooding.

To get the dev strike I believe its the actually torp detonation that has to kill em, the description just mentions the 50% damage but doesn't specify primary damage.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
1 hour ago, Rabin69 said:

I may be wrong, but I think the last tick of his HP got erased as a result of the flooding.

To get the dev strike I believe its the actually torp detonation that has to kill em, the description just mentions the 50% damage but doesn't specify primary damage.

This is it. A Dev Strike is the direct damage done in the strike and any indirect while the strike is happening and there was a sliver of health left when the last torp hit which ended the strike. Close but no cigar OP.

• Cool 2

[CAST]
Members
4,898 posts
3,416 battles

That really should have been a dev strike. After the fifth torpedo hit, that Nagato had only a tiny sliver of health, and the game DID register the 6th and final torpedo hit when the ship went down. Had the Nagato died from flooding before the 6th torpedo hit, that hit would never have registered as a ribbon. But it did.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,031 posts
17,627 battles

Devastating Strike has a 5 second window, according to Sub_Octavian (as of 2016). As some other posters have pointed out, this series of strikes took a fraction of a second longer than that.

For what it's worth, flooding damage is considered part of the original damage (i.e. if the flooding happened at 4.9 seconds, and sinks the ship 2 minutes later, it still counts as a devastating strike).

• Cool 1

Members
67 posts
24,142 battles

I think Sub Octavian's post is incomplete.  "Hi! Time limit for dealing damage in this achievement is 5 seconds."  I have torped and waited up to a minute for the ship to flood out and got the Dev Strike.    But...from what you all have posted does makes sense if he damage conn'd at the right moment.  Thanks!