Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lady_Athena

Comprehensive discussion about global damage.

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,068
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
988 posts
2,889 battles

What do I mean by Global Damage? I mean the damage that happens from everything.. I've been really thinking about it lately, and every real issue in the game I think comes from this... Lets look at some of the most popular complaints.

- Battleships hiding in the back.

- Cruisers getting 1 shot by Battleships

- Destroyers being able to 1 shot anything, and run away too easily, or camp bush.. or well.. Island, and get any free kill they want.

- CV's manual dropping and instantly deleting anyone they want.

Just to name a few. Not all of the complaints sure, but we get the point. The biggest contenders being battleships hiding in the back, and cruisers unable to actually play the anti DD role without being insta deleted by a 9 citadel solvo who's damage carries over into the next game to kill them again.

------------------------------

I've ghosted the forums for a long time, played alot too, though I don't get to play too often I'm a very good player, and can see whats up with  most things. I also play every type of ship, to get a good feel for them. I've seen every argument to and for everything.

You can argue if you know how to play you wont get focused, or burned down, or insta deleted by torpedoes, or any of the complaints. But one factor we aren't factoring in, is every good strategy currently in the game relies on someone else being an idiot and being fodder for you. It also doesn't take into consideration many proposed and agreed upon "fixes" or "strategies" contradicts other arguments by the same said people. 

Big argument against why cruisers aren't a problem spamming HE at 15km and burning down a BB in 30 seconds by focused fire from 2-3 cruisers, where its pure luck and chance if you hit them as a BB and they can keep zig zagging in and out speeding up and slowing down every time you fire, is that you shouldn't be in that situation to begin with and you're too far up, if you're getting hit by 3-4 cruisers, But that isn't really an argument, since there's another argument about BB's hiding in the back.. Contradiction... Damned if you do damned if you dont. 

Big argument against why cruisers being cited and deleted isn't a problem is again, because they shouldn't be up front getting focused, but they need to be up front to help run Anti DD support, and assist the battleships focusing. But they can't, resulting in them playing the [edited] card and derping at 15km spamming HE while complaining that the BB's aren't pushing up. (Gee I wonder why), but that's not the Cruiser players fault or the BBs fault.

Big argument of why its ok for Destroyers to have ICBM tactical nuclear missiles and spam them up the yasu, is because they have such a small HP pool, Battleships AP does so much damage to them, and they can easily get modules knocked out with HE landing anywhere near them, but that isn't helping the Battleships want to push up, getting focused by every cruiser, battleship, and destroyer torp spams anywhere in the next 10 postal codes near them. They can't do it. They can't push up. Cruisers can't for the same reasons. The only ship that can do anything is a DD and even most of them are limited.

Destroyers don't want to scout, or take caps because they get instantly focused being the first ones spotted, they have to blow their smoke screen and use it shamelessly for themselves only in most situations due to it instead of it being a support mechanic like it was originally intended.

----------------------------------

The problem is a deep seeded one, that's grown and tangled itself into a mess of problems. The roots and branches to these complaints are all connected at its core..

That connection is the global damage everything can do in such an insane short amount of time.

-----------------------------------

Consider if you will if the damage on nearly everything was halfed. If some mechanics were altered so they weren't an all or nothing situation, and ships were allowed to actually do their jobs without fear of getting instantly deleted? I think all of these complaints would go away for the vast majority of the cases.

Lets also put aside the whole "Reaslism" arguments, which i know will come up.. This game is a pure arcade game, NOTHING is historical about this game. it's a pure arcade game for enjoyment.

-------------------------------

The basis of this discussion is about 2 things:

1) Is damage the real root problem? I made my argument above. I believe it is.

2) What can be done if so, to help fix that problem.

My proposed idea's. Not perfect, of course. Something to discuss, or add on.

Global Changes (Changes that affect all ships):

* Citadels knock out modules of whatever was hit, and increase the timers on all active modules that are currently in a cool down state. (repairs, AA, Radar, etc. has increased cooldown if they are on Cooldown, torpedo reloads would also get a penalty to the reload time.) Repairs to the citadeled module would take time to repair, instant use of the damage control would repair it, but with a cool down until it becomes fully functioning again.  The extra damage to citadels would be removed. 

(Citadel to the gun for example would knock out that gun for a time. damage control to fix it instantly would make it functional again instantly, but with a reduced reload for a few seconds. Citadels to the boiler room would knock out the engines. Using the damage control module would return functionality to the engines but with reduced speed for a few seconds)

* HE shells as a whole would have their damage reduced by half as well. Fire damage per tick would be slightly increased. (The idea is that HE shells and fire is meant to be a supportive, constant ticking of damage. Not a suppressive overwhelming addition to an already crazy high damage potential, especially when the IFHE skill is considered. HE fire chances would be reduced across the board. (The balance is to make it so HE isn't easily set by Battleships, but not so low that it becomes difficult for fast firing ships like cruisers/destroyers to set either.)

* Torpedoes would have their damage cut by half, (maybe a little more since torpedoes already do insane levels of damage in some cases). Torpedoes would have a 100% chance to cause flooding, and a high chance to knock out a citadel near the impact point. Torpedoes that hit near the same area would have their damage cut in half even more for 2 more torpedoes, all other torpedo damage would be nullified in that area. (For people going wth, that's already a mechanic FYI). Use of the damage control tool would not act instantly but take 10 seconds before flooding is stopped. All torpedoes will have between 8-10km range regardless of ship. (This is because torpedoes are moved to more of a supportive/suppressive role, rather than an all or nothing loldeleted role, while still being able to be a last report high damage output for cruisers brawling). Torpedoes also will cause a short "concussion" stage on the ship hit, where all reloading of weapons and cool down timers are paused for a few seconds, with this timer being additive for every torpedo that hits the ship. (Secondaries and AA's are not effected by this). Torpedo reloads are also doubled. (This pushes torpedoes into a very effective supportive/suppression role. Allowing for cruisers with them to be able to use them for a small burst of damage and to suppress their target in a knife fight, even allowing them to suppress a BB and stagger his reload, bt without doing insane insta delete damage.) 

* Damage Control: While damage control is not on cool down, your ship receives a buff of 15% reduced time for putting out fires, flooding, and repairing modules, citadel damage repair. If Damage Control is on cool down, you lose this buff, but during the active time, nothing can be knocked out, set on fire, or flooded for 15 seconds. (Citadels taken during this time will not knock it out, but the increased time to cool downs will still happen). 

*Repair Party: Every ship and class gets a repair party. When your repair party is not on cool down or active, your ship receives a 10% reduction to fire chance and flood chance on it. This buff is removed if used and on cool down.

* Damage of AP penning the super structure is increased

Battleships:

* Damage is cut in half

* Rudders buffed slightly (not a huge amount)

* Secondaries given a bit of an accuracy buff all around. (Secondaries already do pitiful levels of damage, unless you're specifically building a secondary build, and even then its pretty laughable. Playing a destroyer I never worry about secondaries, even when I'm closing in on a bismark, or high tier German BB. The damage is just a joke, when 80% of their shots still miss me anyway. With the proposed changes above, Battleships should be able to spearhead an attack without fear of getting instantly deleted, this does come at a cost of getting higher cooldowns, and possibly even guns knocked out by being citadeled. So I think secondaries being buffed across the board is a good balance).

Cruisers

* Torpedo ranges would be between 6.5-7km

Most of the balance changes to Cruisers came in the global changes. With AP causing more damage to super structures will allow the Cruisers to still put down meaningful damage without resorting to HE spamming across the board. They now have legit use of both HE and AP given the situation they are in, and needing to use both in an engagement. With their low reload rates, changing the shell type for the situation isn't much to ask for.

Destroyers:

* Destroyers are given back their citadels.  (Seriously, they already have smoke, insanely low range they can be spotted, and with the above changes, they should be able to survive easier)

* always have the longest range torpedoes of 8-10km

Most of the changes again were in the global changes that affected Destroyers, not counting the citadels. With the changes in the global, the repair and damage control changes, destroyers have a higher survival rate as well, especially with the damage across the board being reduced for everything. They can have a chance of scouting, capping, and getting into knife fights without being instantly deleted. With their already high speed and maneuverability they should be able to skirt around the map and be active members of the team as a supportive role. Using their smoke to assist injured or focused teammates and spotting ability to a high degree, and relying on their guns more now rather than torpedo spams, but with their torpedo's still being an important tool in helping to support their team. 

 

Carriers:

While these changes did have carriers in mind, and they do help to bring them in line. The whole problem with carriers is a whole different can of worms. They just need to be re made..

----------------------------------

Conclusion:

The over all focus of my idea's is two fold.

1) To lower the damage across the board, allowing ships to be able to do their job, exchange fire, and get into fights without the fear of being instantly deleted.

2) pushing ships into a more specific, helpful, and rewarding goal that supports play styles.

Now Battleships are the main spearhead as they should be. Able to tank damage, and be the front line, their damage being cut in half makes their ability to citadel ships easily not a roflwrecked situation, but a supportive situation, in disabling the target for others to focus down.  

Cruisers are now able to be the wild card, hunting DD's, while giving fire support to their Battleships. Their ability they've always had to be able to quickly set fires, then switch to AP to help bring in additional damage. With the reduction in HE fire chance will give them the role of setting fires with their high ROF since the lower fire chance will not hinder them as it does other ships. This gives them the unique role, while Battleships disable, cruisers can help burn. 

Destroyers as well, with the reduced damage, are able to push ahead and scout easier. They can be spotted without fear of being insta deleted, or damaged so much they are practically out of the fight. Now that they and cruisers can repair, they can take a little damage, and be ok. The changes to Torpedoes allows them to bring a role to the fight of additional suppression through the new concussion mechanic. Destroyers would always have the longest range torpedoes, and so their torpedo walls hitting battleships and staggering their reload, and repair, while putting down flooding damage would be essential to finishing the triangle of damage to the enemy. 

 

No one ship can do it all, they require each other to help fully suppress, and take down enemies. While any 1 ship can fight another, with this setup the team that works better together will win by the roles the different ships bring to the fight, instead of relying on monster alpha damage, or lucky citadels.

Thoughts

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,168
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
14 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Consider if you will if the damage on nearly everything was halfed. If some mechanics were altered so they weren't an all or nothing situation, and ships were allowed to actually do their jobs without fear of getting instantly deleted? I think all of these complaints would go away for the vast majority of the cases.

I've had the idea too, but, frankly, I still think my original idea: remove citadels as damage centers and replace them as guaranteed engine/steering/armament debuffs that CANNOT be mitigated by anything (like Last Stand) other than a DCP charge (or waiting the full repair time). This solves the armor issue: now BB's can sit broadside more often. It solves the Blamp Cruiser issue, as they are much harder to 1 shot, and it does not effect DD balance at all, which is more or less where it needs to be, just cruisers need to be freed up to hunt them more readily, since they neither have nor do shell damage to citadels (torps are uneffected).

Then the game becomes about movement and teamwork: BB's setting up citadel hits to disable engines and Cruisers DPSing down crippled targets (which is frankly the most realistic depiction of WWII naval combat you can imagine). Also, if Citadels no longer register as a *3 hit (if you catch the meaning), it now gives BB drivers (and CA's in some cases) a question of *where* to aim: aim for the citadel and knock out their engines/force a DCP use thus setting them up to either a hail of fire, torps, and floods, but risk having many of your shells fall harmlessly around the ship; OR, aim higher on the belt, thus getting more hits and doing more damage, but leaving the enemy ship still combat effective.

Edited by _RC1138

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,349
[KWF]
Members
3,929 posts
5,924 battles

To halve the damage however would mean you most likely would have to increase the battle time. The 20 minutes we got now is a pretty good spot I feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
988 posts
2,889 battles
10 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

To halve the damage however would mean you most likely would have to increase the battle time. The 20 minutes we got now is a pretty good spot I feel.

30 minutes wouldn't be bad. Then again you might see the battles end in the same amount of time when ships aren't huddled in the back corners of the map sniping each other for 20 minutes, more action, more on the edge of the seat knife fights, and more push to be active will see the games end in the same amount of time, despite the less damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
988 posts
2,889 battles
20 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I've had the idea too, but, frankly, I still think my original idea: remove citadels as damage centers and replace them as guaranteed engine/steering/armament debuffs that CANNOT be mitigated by anything (like Last Stand) other than a DCP charge (or waiting the full repair time). This solves the armor issue: now BB's can sit broadside more often. It solves the Blamp Cruiser issue, as they are much harder to 1 shot, and it does not effect DD balance at all, which is more or less where it needs to be, just cruisers need to be freed up to hunt them more readily, since they neither have nor do shell damage to citadels (torps are uneffected).

Then the game becomes about movement and teamwork: BB's setting up citadel hits to disable engines and Cruisers DPSing down crippled targets (which is frankly the most realistic depiction of WWII naval combat you can imagine). Also, if Citadels no longer register as a *3 hit (if you catch the meaning), it now gives BB drivers (and CA's in some cases) a question of *where* to aim: aim for the citadel and knock out their engines/force a DCP use thus setting them up to either a hail of fire, torps, and floods, but risk having many of your shells fall harmlessly around the ship; OR, aim higher on the belt, thus getting more hits and doing more damage, but leaving the enemy ship still combat effective.

I could see this being a good quick fix, but there's still so much this doesn't fix, or take into account. My idea tries to incorporate as much as possible, while balancing the gameplay to push for teamwork, and fights while removing the annoying, unnecessary, or unbalanced portions of combat which forces people to play so passively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,168
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, Lady_Athena said:

but there's still so much this doesn't fix,

Like what? It effectively nerfs spike damage, which is nearly every game is the WORST kind of balancing damage (from RPG's, to FPS's (classic) to damn racing Mario Cart games, spike damage is ALWAYS the source of balance issues because you cannot balance a 1 shot kill without either making the attack, or the defense, worthless), it puts movement as the emphasis, as being hit on the citadel is less of a damage threat, and more of a maneuvering threat. It makes armor facing important to some degree but much less than it is now. It frees up cruisers. Puts a higher emphasis on all ships changing ammo type, and it effectively 'nerfs' camping BB's without actually nerfing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,554
[SBS]
Members
5,193 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, Lady_Athena said:

30 minutes wouldn't be bad.

WG wants matches to be shorter than they are now so your idea will never work for them.  I'm not saying its a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
988 posts
2,889 battles
8 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Like what? It effectively nerfs spike damage, which is nearly every game is the WORST kind of balancing damage (from RPG's, to FPS's (classic) to damn racing Mario Cart games, spike damage is ALWAYS the source of balance issues because you cannot balance a 1 shot kill without either making the attack, or the defense, worthless), it puts movement as the emphasis, as being hit on the citadel is less of a damage threat, and more of a maneuvering threat. It makes armor facing important to some degree but much less than it is now. It frees up cruisers. Puts a higher emphasis on all ships changing ammo type, and it effectively 'nerfs' camping BB's without actually nerfing them.

Your changes are pretty close to my changes, for what was said. You didn't remove the citadels, only changed how they work. Your changes don't really answer to the problems of torpedo spams, HE fire burning battelships down so easily, or Destroyers being unable to do their job, just to name a few of many things it doesn't address...

This seems more like a buff to cruisers, with the other ship classes getting a little something out of it, but doesn't really address the real issues causing players needing to play passively, or not wanting to push forward. Only thing truly addressed was the citadel, and that was only changed, not removed.

 

While I agree the spike or burst damage is atrocious and should be removed, that is just the tip of the iceberg. Not saying your idea or what you said is wrong. It's practically what I said. Citadels knocking out engines, guns, etc. not burst damage. But there is alot more too it than just that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
988 posts
2,889 battles
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

WG wants matches to be shorter than they are now so your idea will never work for them.  I'm not saying its a bad idea.

These changes could incorporate quicker games if players feel like they can get into a battle and not be instantly deleted. With both teams pushing capture points, rather than skirting the edges of the map, you'd see just as quick games.

Then again nothing has to change timer wise. Even if in 20 minutes most games only see 3/4ths of the ships or even half the ships killed, if those 30 minutes are action packed, with good shootouts, and more engaging game play. Who's really going to complain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,290
[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,137 posts
19,121 battles

The Meta changed with the smoke overhaul  Since then teamwork In solo play disappeared camping began in earnest change smoke rules you might get some more aggressive play out of the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,554
[SBS]
Members
5,193 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, Lady_Athena said:

These changes could incorporate quicker games if players feel like they can get into a battle and not be instantly deleted. With both teams pushing capture points, rather than skirting the edges of the map, you'd see just as quick games.

Then again nothing has to change timer wise. Even if in 20 minutes most games only see 3/4ths of the ships or even half the ships killed, if those 30 minutes are action packed, with good shootouts, and more engaging game play. Who's really going to complain?

I think players would be fine with action packed 30 minute games, WG wouldn't.  Right now the average match length is too long for WG's liking, and remember we a have ton of fast steamrolls that are already shortening matches. 

The only way to half the damage output and still have short matches would be for WG to have games won by points at a faster rate.  If that happened they players wouldn't get the satisfaction from big damage and sinking ships that we have now.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,168
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
28 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Your changes don't really answer to the problems of torpedo spams, HE fire burning battelships down so easily, or Destroyers being unable to do their job,

For one, I don't think Torpedo spam, strictly speaking, is a problem. I think the problem is that their counter, CA/CL's, are too tied up either fighting or avoiding BB's to interdict torpedo Spam.

Likewise HE Fire Burning BB's is fine; they have heals all the way down to T3 Mikasa, that heal Fire 100%, thus essentially totally negating the DoT effects (and with even 1 Fire reduction time bonus, 1 charge = 1 fire thus REALLY negating that fire). BB's getting flamed to death now is more symptomatic of BB's sitting still/going to slow, more often than not. I don't play my BB's that way and have never found fire spam to be a particular problem; stopped tank = dead tank, is supposed to be the name of the game both here and in WoT's, but the decisions made in their damage systems have largely negated that. Even up close, a dodging, bobbing, weaving BB is harder to hit than I think most people consider, especially if you deliberately keep only *1* fire zone in the line of fire as much as possible.

DD's can do their job just fine; in some ways better than they should. DD's problems come from the inherent fact of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole: DD's are the most 'sci-fi' of all the classes due to receiving so many buffs to make them viable in THIS style combat that they just did not possess. Realistically, their problem is such that because of how unrealistic they are, they should be the LAST class balanced:

In the CV, BB, and CA/CL you have the classic RPG trinity of Support, Tank, DPS. The DD throws a wrench in that. Now a smart developer, would make that trinity as balanced as possible, so that they compliment, counter, and support each other effectively, and THEN balance DD's around THAT existing system. Realistically, the easiest way to balance the game would be to outright REMOVE DD's at the moment, balance the other three, and then place the DD's back in, blank slate, re-balanced around those three types. But they won't do that. As such, DD's being able to effectively do their job is a function of how ineffectively Cruisers can do their job. That's the problem and it's one that NEEDS to be solved long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,168
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
37 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

This seems more like a buff to cruisers, with the other ship classes getting a little something out of it, but doesn't really address the real issues causing players needing to play passively, or not wanting to push forward. Only thing truly addressed was the citadel, and that was only changed, not removed.

The problem is spike damage; plane and simple. I've broken this down elsewhere, but suffice to say:

The *objective* of each player, is to play. Regardless of ship, tier, or type, people's primary, and really sole, objective is to play. *DYING* is what hinders that objective. Thus, because of the sudden death (i.e. no respawns) nature of this game, people will do WHATEVER they can to avoid dying. At the moment, *spike* damage is the primary cause of dying, or is at least FELT to be the primary cause (in this rare case, people's perceptions matter MORE than reality). As such, people will hesistate GREATLY to put themselves in a position where SPIKE damage becomes a major concern. What causes spike damage? Heavy maneuvering (thus showing broadside to SOMEONE). Moving closer, because of the accuracy of guns being what they are closer vs. farther. Avoiding brawling because of 1 shot torps. Focusing more on defense, specifically armor facing, than offensive.

So, logically, if you take SPIKE damage out of that equation, it should follow that the perceived, and thus reality, of players fears of NOT being able to play is if not removed, reduced, and passive play is hindered.

LIKEWISE, by replacing citadels with debuffs, you add a carrot WHILE removing a stick: now pushing forward carries LESS of a threat for a team, AND it carries the benefit of being better able to focus an opponent down by crippling them in a real sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,856
[WOLFG]
Members
27,082 posts
7,217 battles
21 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

The Meta changed with the smoke overhaul  Since then teamwork In solo play disappeared camping began in earnest change smoke rules you might get some more aggressive play out of the game

Only from the minority that actually use teamwork. The rest will just stay away from "smoke forts", which was part of what brought on the smoke overhaul in the first place.

There was lots of camping before, just now, more of it is done in plain sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,269
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,476 posts
17,036 battles

I play DD, CA, and BB.  I think the game is nicely balanced as it is currently designed.  I understand some things may be operating on a level beyond my perception or skill.  And I understand ships or mechanics need tweaks for balance or playability standpoint.  The smoke changes were good for the game.  The detonation changes were nicely implemented. 

But all around, I have no qualms about picking any ship of the ships I play...any ship...any tier...and having a good feeling I can enter the game and perform to my skill level.  No game mechanic...no module or captain skill...no anything (other than the mind behind the other ships) gets in my way.

Although I don't play CVs, I don't worry about them either...at least no more than any other threat to whichever ship I happen to be playing at the time.  I understand CVs are being re-worked.

WOWS, by design, is asymmetric.  As it has progressed, the asymmetric complexity has evolved and grown.  Part of the game is operating within those parameters.  Understanding a ship's strengths and weaknesses.  The map.  The MM in general.  At the moment, it's a nice balance.            

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[POP]
Members
992 posts
13,401 battles

I think 20 minutes is too long.

15 minutes is much better.

12 minutes perfect.

52b1ab4f75349ca3907777a4c8302483.gif

Edited by Gerbertz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,634
[USCC2]
Members
5,656 posts
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I play DD, CA, and BB.  I think the game is nicely balanced as it is currently designed.  I understand some things may be operating on a level beyond my perception or skill.  And I understand ships or mechanics need tweaks for balance or playability standpoint.  The smoke changes were good for the game.  The detonation changes were nicely implemented. 

But all around, I have no qualms about picking any ship of the ships I play...any ship...any tier...and having a good feeling I can enter the game and perform to my skill level.  No game mechanic...no module or captain skill...no anything (other than the mind behind the other ships) gets in my way.

Although I don't play CVs, I don't worry about them either...at least no more than any other threat to whichever ship I happen to be playing at the time.  I understand CVs are being re-worked.

WOWS, by design, is asymmetric.  As it has progressed, the asymmetric complexity has evolved and grown.  Part of the game is operating within those parameters.  Understanding a ship's strengths and weaknesses.  The map.  The MM in general.  At the moment, it's a nice balance.            

 

+1. In general the game play is relatively well balanced and the stats for survival, although having DDs on average at the bottom of each tier, are in general within an acceptable percentage of each other (not too far apart).

However, damage is a completely different story and whereas you would expect certain ships on average to do better IRL - this is not IRL. This is a game where any person should be able to pick up any ship and expect the same level of payback for their efforts. Fact is, damage is king in this game and is what rewards most and therefore the playstyle adopted is one which facilitates people staying alive and doing damage.

There is only one thing this game is badly lacking and that is the ability to play your role and get properly rewarded for it (in some ships anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
297 posts
13,291 battles

I would have bigger teams, on a bigger map set at 30 minutes like ocean with very small islands. AFKers will be sunk after 5 minutes inaction due to enemy SS activity. Every 5 minutes from alternating directions, DB's from shore make runs at ships,(adds a new level of danger). No objectives except to sink the enemy, and at the end team with most capital ships wins. 1/2 damage reduction would be ideal in this scenario. MM generated mine fields any 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×