You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BruDog1970

Does anyone *know* when 0.7.5 is going to drop?

37 comments in this topic

[DNTZ]
Members
397 posts
18,437 battles

Hello fellow commanders,

I have heard a lot of speculation that 0.7.5 is coming as soon as May 30, but I cannot find anything concrete.  I do not see anything on the WG page and figure we would (if nothing else to provide the downtime window).

Does anyone know when it is coming and can provide a link?

Thanks in advance.

[_-_]
Members
3,146 posts
8,215 battles

Just finished PT this morning, doubt devs will have time to evaluate and tweak by tomorrow, especially since they're being more careful about update rollouts.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, TF77 said:

Just finished PT this morning, doubt devs will have time to evaluate and tweak by tomorrow, especially since they're being more careful about update rollouts.

That's more to do with bugs, than balance, and the PTS didn't seem to have any major bug complaints.

In all likelihood, yes, it will drop tomorrow, as per the established formula. I doubt anyone outside WGing knows but it makes sense. Look to the News Feed for the next few hours to see if the notes show up.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,798 posts
11,994 battles
52 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

That's more to do with bugs, than balance, and the PTS didn't seem to have any major bug complaints.

In all likelihood, yes, it will drop tomorrow, as per the established formula. I doubt anyone outside WGing knows but it makes sense. Look to the News Feed for the next few hours to see if the notes show up.

26 minutes ago, Treediagram said:

if nothing happens, I suppose on wednesday as usual

These:fish_aqua:

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,143 posts

Was it ever determined how we want our current commanders/ships config'd before the drop? 

Or if there will be a free or nearly free respec period as in the past? 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
12 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Was it ever determined how we want our current commanders/ships config'd before the drop? 

My understanding is that the last stated plan on the DevBlog was that a single mission, play 1 match in a T8 Cleve, will drop with the patch, that will yield 190,000 Commander XP, thus allowing you to respec a 19 point commander once. This seems to take into account solely the fact that a Commander on the Current T6 Cleve is wholly incomparable with a new T6 Pensacola and thus, needs a respec. It does not however allow you to move more than 1 commander AND have a respec and totally discounts that OTHER ships are not going to be comparable with their commanders. Wargaming is being cheap as hell with a problem they are creating.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,538 posts
12,165 battles
23 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Commanders are staying at their current tier, and all will be retrained for the ship occupying that tier at the end of the split, whether in the ship or in reserve.

T8 Cleveland gets an 8 point captain.

Those with Cleveland who get Pensacola will be able to play one game in Pensacola to get 190,000 Elite Captain XP. This is enough to re-spec a 19 point commander.

I do not think the patch will drop until Ranked Battles season 9 is over. This is 3 June 2018, so in keeping with the pattern of dropping patches on a Wednesday, it would then arrive on D-DAY, THE 6TH OF JUNE. Appropriate, really.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Commanders are staying at their current tier, and all will be retrained for the ship occupying that tier at the end of the split, whether in the ship or in reserve.

T8 Cleveland gets an 8 point captain.

Those with Cleveland who get Pensacola will be able to play one game in Pensacola to get 190,000 Elite Captain XP. This is enough to re-spec a 19 point commander.

I do not think the patch will drop until Ranked Battles season 9 is over. This is 3 June 2018, so in keeping with the pattern of dropping patches on a Wednesday, it would then arrive on D-DAY, THE 6TH OF JUNE. Appropriate, really.

Actually the established pattern is to drop 2 days after the end of PTS, which is tomorrow. And the notes drop on the hour, so in ~4 minutes or 1+4 min, ect.

Edited by _RC1138

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,853 battles

Here's your answer.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
10 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Here's your answer.

Knew it. To WGing's credit, they are very regimented in their scheduling.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,538 posts
12,165 battles

Well, that's interesting. If it drops before Ranked ends, those using New Orleans in Ranked will now have to use Baltimore (admittedly she's not that different in general terms, as regards gun numbers and layout). On the other hand, those who just got into T6 by getting Cleveland will suddenly find themselves being able to take part in the dying days of T8 Ranked. Watch the potato-related salt flow.

[TDG]
Members
1,781 posts
11,221 battles
18 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Here's your answer.

Did you see that in News or the Youtube channel?

I'm not seeing that in news yet.  I'm sure that is only a matter of folks waking up and pushing the right button.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,754 posts
25,007 battles

Tomorrow

Do you want to know more?

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, that's interesting. If it drops before Ranked ends, those using New Orleans in Ranked will now have to use Baltimore (admittedly she's not that different in general terms, as regards gun numbers and layout). On the other hand, those who just got into T6 by getting Cleveland will suddenly find themselves being able to take part in the dying days of T8 Ranked. Watch the potato-related salt flow.

As usual you see but completely miss a major point.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,143 posts
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

My understanding is that the last stated plan on the DevBlog was that a single mission, play 1 match in a T8 Cleve, will drop with the patch, that will yield 190,000 Commander XP, thus allowing you to respec a 19 point commander once. This seems to take into account solely the fact that a Commander on the Current T6 Cleve is wholly incomparable with a new T6 Pensacola and thus, needs a respec. It does not however allow you to move more than 1 commander AND have a respec and totally discounts that OTHER ships are not going to be comparable with their commanders. Wargaming is being cheap as hell with a problem they are creating.

Hmm... sounds like I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. 

Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Here's the thing... if I have a commander in reserve who is trained on cleveland, i may not want him moving up to the t8 cleveland. Heck, I may abandon the line completely (not necessarily me - I am using "I" to represent an imagined player), therefore I wouldn't want anything done to any of the commanders. 

It would seem then the only reason I want my ships without their skipper is so I rake in some more free commanders, right? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,143 posts
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Actually I'm imagining all the T8 Clevelands I get to devastate with my Montana, GK and Yamato... gonna be good fun for sure. 

[ARGSY]
Members
17,538 posts
12,165 battles
12 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I'm not seeing that in news yet.  I'm sure that is only a matter of folks waking up and pushing the right button.

I pushed refresh a couple of times and it still wasn't showing on the main page (not the YouTube channel). It still isn't as of typing this post.

@_RC1138 - you have to play the match in the T6 Pensacola to get the CXP

[ARGSY]
6,754 posts
25,007 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I pushed refresh a couple of times and it still wasn't showing on the main page (not the YouTube channel). It still isn't as of typing this post.

@_RC1138 - you have to play the match in the T6 Pensacola to get the CXP

It's at the ASIA page, NA will come within the hour.

Lot's of new stuff, makes me feel really bad that I just got a call from work asking me to stay at home tomorrow in exchange for a weekend shift :Smile_teethhappy:

edit: NA mainpage just added the patchnotes

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/american-cruisers/

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,943 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

You play 1 game in T6 Pensacola to get the 190K Capt XP.

[TDG]
Members
1,781 posts
11,221 battles

I see it now.

This is a huge update.

I think I'm as ready as I can be for the US cruiser split.  

Kronstadt is going to be an interesting addition to the game.

[ARGSY]
6,754 posts
25,007 battles
4 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I see it now.

This is a huge update.

I think I'm as ready as I can be for the US cruiser split.  

Kronstadt is going to be an interesting addition to the game.

Whish the Kronshtatd would hit one patch later, I'm only at 610k free XP:Smile_child:

[ARGSY]
Members
17,538 posts
12,165 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Whish the Kronshtatd would hit one patch later, I'm only at 610k free XP

It's not going to go away in any screamingly great hurry. This way you have some time to read up on opinions that are not written by full-time supertesters,unicums and YouTube personalities, and decide whether it's really for you.

[_-_]
Members
3,146 posts
8,215 battles

Yup, looks like I blew that call. Here comes 7.5 with a bullet.

Can't wait to see how the Buffalo does live v. PT server.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,507 posts
4,602 battles
10 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

play 1 match in a T8 Cleve, will drop with the patch, that will yield 190,000 Commander XP, thus allowing you to respec a 19 point commander once.

Close.  It's T6 Pensacola.  T8 Cleaver will be totally stock so you don't want to drive her immediately.

10 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Not really.  Just go with what you've got.  Oh, and add permanent camos on Cleveland and New Orleans.  They will replicate to everything except Buffalo.