Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Quick Cruiser Split Question

5 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
738 posts
2,639 battles

I have the Cleveland and Pensacola, is it worth wasting my free XP and getting the New Orleans as well? ( I can only research it I cannot afford to buy it..) A few people have asked in game and the general consensus is its worth doing. Just not 100% sure...

Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles

I don't think so. Your progress towards a T8 CA will be exactly the same then as now. You'll miss out on a 7 point captain and a port slot, but depending how much free XP we're talking about I don't think it's worth it. Getting perma camo on the Cleveland before the split is a good investment though. 

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,722 posts
14,452 battles
36 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

is it worth wasting my free XP and getting the New Orleans as well? ( I can only research it I cannot afford to buy it.

If your current credit allow you to and/or you are able to grind and earn lots credit in the near future, then yes. You can buy 2 ships and have fun at the same time

If not, you save your FreeXP for something else. 

[PVE]
Members
968 posts
7,825 battles

I wouldn't. Saving that FXP for modules seems better to me. After the switch you'll end up with New Orleans with some XP already on it to shorten the grind to the Baltimore.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,539 posts
12,181 battles
2 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

I have the Cleveland and Pensacola, is it worth wasting my free XP and getting the New Orleans as well?

I asked that question a day or two ago, and the answer was no. Mind you, in my case I'm working towards the Nelson so I don't want to splurge huge chunks of FXP on ships I'll eventually be grinding out anyway. It's not as if there's any hurry. (If we were talking about free-XP-ing up the line to the Cleveland, then the answer would be an unequivocal yes.)

But if perchance you already have Nelson, Missouri, Musashi and had so much left over that you could have Kronshtadt right away with spare change, who am I to stop you? 

Sign in to follow this