ENSParker

Confusion on hit stats reported on personal score at end of game

4 comments in this topic

[OOM]
Members
26 posts
2,395 battles

Confused by breakdown of hits displayed in the target hits stat when you mouse over it. For instance, refer to this screenshot of a recently completed game. You can see the breakdown of my hits, but notice I got three citadel hits also. Are these hits not included in the target hits stat? If they are, where would they be included? Certainly not as ricochets or penetrations, because rics make no sense while according to the game I only had one regular penetration. That only leaves over-penetrations, which doesn't really make sense either. I've looked around a lot but never seen this addressed anywhere.

Screenshot (3).png

Edited by ENSParker

[RLGN]
Members
13,228 posts
23,147 battles

A citadel is a 'maximum effect' penetration, I believe.

To the best of my knowledge they are counted as separate hits, so your total hits in that game would be 1 + 18 + 7 + 3 = 29.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[STW-N]
Members
3,753 posts
8,525 battles

Indeed, citadel hits are counted as separate from regular hits.

You can see this effect with AP bombs as well: when a salvo returns 3 hits and a citadel, what it actually means is 4 hits, one of which scored a citadel.

• Cool 1

[OOM]
Members
26 posts
2,395 battles

19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

A citadel is a 'maximum effect' penetration, I believe.

To the best of my knowledge they are counted as separate hits, so your total hits in that game would be 1 + 18 + 7 + 3 = 29.

Makes sense. Then I got the bright idea to check the Detail Report screen and sure enough...29 hits. Brilliant!!!

Screenshot (4).png

• Cool 1