You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

is league of seawolves dead or something?

11 comments in this topic

[LOU1]
Members
4,078 posts
11,282 battles

From what I have read, that is the way it usually is.  Players are so burnt out getting to Rank 1, they are done playing that mode (or even the game) for a bit.  Plus, it seems the rewards aren't worth it to a lot of players.  One day, I will get to experience that...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,402 posts

You're kidding right? It's always dead.

And Ranked once again hit a new participation low, so you have even less rank 1's to work with.

[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
21,910 battles

It's like this every season. Usually though, around midway through the season, they try to organize people to show up for it at a specific time like 8pm nightly. There's even a discord for it. So far though, I haven't seen anybody on it this season.

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

It's like this every season. Usually though, around midway through the season, they try to organize people to show up for it at a specific time like 8pm nightly. There's even a discord for it. So far though, I haven't seen anybody on it this season.

Please do tag me if something of that sort comes up and if you remember me :)

[--K--]
Members
5,326 posts
16,585 battles

In five Rank 1 seasons I've only played 3 Rank Battles in the SeaWolves league and two those were last season. Those three battles were a waste of time, boring and as rewarding as losing a Coop battle. The only way I know of getting into those battles is for the Rank 1 players to band together and organize a time for a match. 

But as other said after Ranking out most are just burned to a crisp on Rank and want nothing else to do with it. So Rank 1 battles become a waste of time. Doesn't help there isn't much of an incentive to play them after a bunch of players exploited the rewards WG put on them. Which ended with WG gutting the nice rewards they had put in place to get people to play in the SeaWolves league. 

Rank 1 SeaWolves battles just another aspect of how stupid messed up Rank is. 

:fish_palm:

[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
21,910 battles
5 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

But as other said after Ranking out most are just burned to a crisp on Rank and want nothing else to do with it. So Rank 1 battles become a waste of time. Doesn't help there isn't much of an incentive to play them after a bunch of players exploited the rewards WG put on them. Which ended with WG gutting the nice rewards they had put in place to get people to play in the SeaWolves league. 

Rank 1 SeaWolves battles just another aspect of how stupid messed up Rank is.

I disagree. From my experience, the seawolves league matches are games with reliable and skilled teammates. It's something you don't get in randoms and consistently in normal ranked. Since everyone has ranked out already, there's nothing on the line and no consequence for losing, so the matches are actually fun and stress free. There's also a sense of camaraderie between the players. 

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles

I personally really enjoy ranked, it's taxing but it's definitely more fun than the mind numbing boredom of randoms.

[TBW]
Members
9,531 posts
16,251 battles
22 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

I personally really enjoy ranked, it's taxing but it's definitely more fun than the mind numbing boredom of randoms.

It is Randoms with less players. It's Mini Me Random.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,026 posts
17,518 battles

R1 league has been dead ever since they nerfed the rewards from the original, highly exploitable version (I think people were win trading or something).

We'll probably see them do something with Sea Wolves after the steel resource is introduced in a few patches.

Members
89 posts
18,271 battles

On paper, the bonus content for the League of Sea Wolves seems balanced but the player base has spoken loud and clear the past few seasons that the draw isn't attractive enough for games to even occur. Why does WG keep throwing this excuse for a Rank One reward system at us when not enough players are interested in playing in it? I've looked forward to playing with and against others that rank out, and again, not high enough interest levels to see anyone in the queue but me. I wish it did work but it doesn't. Call it a bad system and change something about it, or change it altogether.

Just to be clear, I think it's a great idea, and I'm surprised that the games aren't happening. I think there's a lot of fun to be had there. So, I'd like to see it changed in some way to make it work. What can change about the way it is currently implemented that might help generate enough interest to make games happen regularly? Maybe allow smaller teams to start a game (5v5, 6v6) and fewer ship type requirements so games with all of one ship type could happen. Crazy, maybe, but if it works...

It's just baffling to me that WG hasn't changed this system of rewarding players that rank out. And I'm not forgetting the nice initial rewards of camo and doubloons for ranking out. Sea Wolves Prime Time needs to be preferably fixed, but if not, then removed. As it is now, it's just a monument to failure and a lack of any creative thinking on WG's behalf to fix it.

I'd like to see the stats on how many Sea Wolves games were played this season. If it's not a number high enough to be proud of, then viewing that number needs to serve as a reason to do something about the low participation levels that persist across multiple seasons.