You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Would You Pay to Never See a Map Again?

38 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts

I would pay $50 to never see Islands of Ice again. Fugliest map in the game offering the worst games.

I have backed off playing ships which get that map.

Members
13 posts
10,436 battles

I'd rather pay to ensure Ocean gets selected with the same probability as the other maps.

Such an underrated map that I've never found boring, even when I get absolutely wrecked. 

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1

[--K--]
Members
5,327 posts
16,612 battles

While playing Rank I would have paid large amounts of silver to never see Tears Of the Desert. 

Oddly the Rank version of Mountain Range is fun to play but the Random versions are junk. 

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,590 posts
13,148 battles

Maps... maybe, but not much... there's just too many cancer maps to get rid of :Smile_trollface:

Now CVs on the other hand...

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
5,842 battles

There's a thought

turn on priority map queue for 100 doubloons each map. It would be like a juke box

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles

Give me Tier 5-7 MM pass for 1 month each (renewable) and I'd pay for it.

As for maps:

Id pay to not see any of the high tier maps that are meant for engagement at longer distances.

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts

For me, the most beautiful maps are Solomons, Big Race, New Dawn, Warriors Path, Two Brothers, North, etc.  Why?  They all look like planet Earth.

OTOH I have an intense dislike for the Martian ones like Loop and Land of Fire.

:Smile_child:

[SFOR]
Members
996 posts
7,846 battles
6 minutes ago, CV_3_Sister_Sara said:

I'd rather pay to ensure Ocean gets selected with the same probability as the other maps.

Such an underrated map that I've never found boring, even when I get absolutely wrecked. 

And i like to add that i would prefer to pay to have new maps. It is the lack of variety that makes a little boring sometimes

Edited by _no_one_

[WORX]
Members
9,077 posts
17,233 battles

I would've have Ocean map for ALL tiers including training tiers. People complain about not playing the objective, not knowing how to brawl or not being realistic. I say with Ocean maps in all tiers that will go away fast. Then will see who has the guts to win instead of well hugging an island like it was his wife.

• Cool 5

[HINON]
Members
3,239 posts
24,788 battles

I wished upon a Star to never get thrown into a Bastion map again and it came true. 

Members
13 posts
10,436 battles
8 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

or just have it go back to the first version

tTZ1Rie.jpg

I will accidentally crash into every single island by A, and there would be nothing my team could do about it. 

[HINON]
Members
3,239 posts
24,788 battles

^^ that map made for some interesting matches. Would be neat to see it played now with all the radar ships in circulation. 

Edited by giovybez

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,108 posts

Haven, the lego look islands are nausea inducing, Estuary, which does not appear to be an estuary, land of fire, because the red color shift is so incredibly annoying.

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,986 posts
11,042 battles
19 minutes ago, CV_3_Sister_Sara said:

I will accidentally crash into every single island by A, and there would be nothing my team could do about it. 

That’s funny because the map had hidden islands that you would get stuck on.

[-KIA-]
Members
799 posts
10,424 battles
4 hours ago, Shigure_DD said:

tTZ1Rie.jpg

Aye, I remember this map...
I still have the memories of me in a Colorado being stuck between those 2 Islands near A at I10 grid

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles
1 hour ago, pikohan said:

Now CVs on the other hand...

Pay for Kutuzov-chan :3 

Or gib Furutaka 18km range. I would totaly take her out to fight 10s 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I play whatever Map I am thrown in. I have no preferences or favorites. Guess I am a Player not a whiner.

• Cool 1

Members
4,060 posts
4,347 battles
53 minutes ago, giovybez said:

I wished upon a Star to never get thrown into a Bastion map again and it came true. 

Ahh, you jinxed it! Now they're gonna come back!

Maps I dislike come and go like phases. Before I used to dislike Shards, but it grew on me. Then I disliked Neighbors, but its alright now I guess. Maybe. Nowadays I'd rather not see Haven again. I don't like it. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,024 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

tTZ1Rie.jpg

Dear god.....those broken hitboxes........wouldn't mind seeing it return with working hitboxes though.

[REVY]
Members
6,436 posts
5,168 battles

I never want to see Ocean ever again.  Anytime I'm stuck in my Yamato in Ocean I cringe.  A smart player would make sure to not engage more then 2 enemy ships at a time, but with Ocean, you are left with no options.  The entire enemy team can open up on you, and you either die or must run away.  Ocean is THE map where strategy goes to die.

[INTEL]
Members
12,148 posts
33,707 battles

Except for Ocean,  a purist's dream, and Okinawa, which has room to move and shoot, the high tier maps all suck. So I wouldn't be able to make a choice.

[BOTES]
Members
2,109 posts
7,569 battles
3 hours ago, CV_3_Sister_Sara said:

I unironically love Ocean. People give it a bad rap for being wide open, but that's exactly why it's good. You don't "play" the map; you play the team comp. Ocean is all about your team and I love it for that. I wish it appeared more often. I had a few Ocean matches last week for the first time in months.

• Cool 2

[VW]
Members
3,814 posts
18,458 battles

They need to bring back ocean and make it available at all tiers. It is THE most realistic and relevant map.

i wouldnt mind never seeing 2 brothers again, its the most boring campfest

Edited by monpetitloup