Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NorCal60

Wallet Warriors

76 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2
[PNP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
10,854 battles

Would WoW like to explain again why I should be happy with having a team player with only 54 battles in two ships, Alabama and Atago?
...and why I should continue spending money on your game anymore?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
7 minutes ago, NorCal60 said:

Would WoW like to explain again why I should be happy with having a team player with only 54 battles in two ships, Alabama and Atago?
...and why I should continue spending money on your game anymore?

Because half the time you see him he's on the other team.

  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
6 minutes ago, NorCal60 said:

Would WoW like to explain again why I should be happy with having a team player with only 54 battles in two ships, Alabama and Atago?
...and why I should continue spending money on your game anymore?

Well it's allowed. They are a business you know. This has been pointed out over and over.  This will not change. You chose to play the game you just have to deal with it.  But don't rage quit!  Pls don't.  We need players. The good and the bad and the ugly (me). 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,256
[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
11 minutes ago, NorCal60 said:

Would WoW like to explain again why I should be happy with having a team player with only 54 battles in two ships, Alabama and Atago?
...and why I should continue spending money on your game anymore?

Keep that guy between you and the reds, he can be your torp or shell shield.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
408
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
879 posts
15,427 battles

One of my first games today I was in my Missouri and the other team was having a bad day. So one of the red team's many corpses decided to start chastising my team by calling us wallet warriors and noobs. I guess he had xvm or whatever and saw that a lot of my team had a low winning percentage. He then stated "I'm a unicuum" and kept berating people until the last member of his team died. It was basically this:

LMO3HD6ZKIUXMM43M5QDSDA6EYOIYXPG.jpeg?13

My problem with this is that everyone has to start somewhere. Just because somebody bought some ships and is playing them, the whole reason to buy ships, doesn't mean they are bad at the game. Even if they struggle at first, people improve. Finally, buying ships keeps the lights on for this game so maybe, stop complaining and be happy that guy is supporting the game we all enjoy. 

Slainte

Edited by Jolly_Rodgered
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,435
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,382 posts
19,476 battles

Someone needs to pay for the development. If you can't, or don't want to, let that guy. He'll learn the hard way about T8+ and maybe spend more money on lower tier premiums keeping the game alive. Thank him for spending money and wish him well. I would expect that except for the type if matches with these players in them you have fun. Just let it go and play on!

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
411 posts

Because businesses like income. Yes it’s frowned upon and not recommended, but that’s on them. I still remember buying the Derpitz when I was green because I liked the history of the ship and the model was gorgeous. Find a competent division to help negate such a player. Can’t stop them so find a solution instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,210
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
19 minutes ago, NorCal60 said:

Would WoW like to explain again why I should be happy with having a team player with only 54 battles in two ships, Alabama and Atago?
...and why I should continue spending money on your game anymore?

Odds are that is a re-roll account, and probably by someone who is stat crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,304
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,046 posts
4,285 battles

Think of it this way...

 

We could have premium ammo

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,623
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,456 battles

Less complaining, more team carrying, comrade! I'm a proud wallet warrior, I help keep the game free for players who either can't pay, or choose not to.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
331
[A-CUP]
Members
890 posts
7,521 battles

Consider the alternatives, as stated above:

What if, instead of having ships that are balanced, they had P2W premium ammo, or if premiums were always 20% better than tech tree in every way?

What if this were a subscription based game where you HAD TO PAY just to play? 

> wallet warriors

In this game, unlike others, skill has more to do with your ability to win than how much money you spent.

ENJOY THAT FACT.

Jeez.

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,615
[--K--]
Members
5,326 posts
16,585 battles

I've been accused of being a wallet warrior which is funny because most of the time it happens in a Premium ship I've won in a contest. 

But I have purchased a few premium ships, mostly T6 and T7 because they were good ships at a decent price.

I don't begrudge someone with premium ships or time. Because some one has to be spending $$ to keep the lights on. 

A few purchases here and there and the odd whale keeps the game free for the rookies and potatoes. 

:cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[PNP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
10,854 battles
26 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Because half the time you see him he's on the other team.

Either side is the same to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[PNP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
10,854 battles
24 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

One of my first games today I was in my Missouri and the other team was having a bad day. So one of the red team's many corpses decided to start chastising my team by calling us wallet warriors and noobs. I guess he had xvm or whatever and saw that a lot of my team had a low winning percentage. He then stated "I'm a unicuum" and kept berating people until the last member of his team died. It was basically this:

LMO3HD6ZKIUXMM43M5QDSDA6EYOIYXPG.jpeg?13

My problem with this is that everyone has to start somewhere. Just because somebody bought some ships and is playing them, the whole reason to buy ships, doesn't mean they are bad at the game. Even if they struggle at first, people improve. Finally, buying ships keeps the lights on for this game so maybe, stop complaining and be happy that guy is supporting the game we all enjoy. 

Slainte

Are you assuming I don't support the game?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[PNP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
10,854 battles
11 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Less complaining, more team carrying, comrade! I'm a proud wallet warrior, I help keep the game free for players who either can't pay, or choose not to.

You assume I don't pay?

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
13 posts
10,408 battles

It's not entertaining to watch them attempt to play high tier matches when they have no clue what they are doing?

Perhaps I am in the minority. Nothing beats sitting back after I die and watching the clowns that rival Bot Three in competence come out of the woodwork.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[PNP]
Beta Testers
18 posts
10,854 battles
5 minutes ago, CV_3_Sister_Sara said:

It's not entertaining to watch them attempt to play high tier matches when they have no clue what they are doing?

Perhaps I am in the minority. Nothing beats sitting back after I die and watching the clowns that rival Bot Three in competence come out of the woodwork.

Yes!!!

it does get old though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
117
[VX9]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
327 posts
4,627 battles
25 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Think of it this way...

 

We could have premium ammo

*look of sheer horror*

I will stab you with a fork for that. I've tried not to think about that - I'm gonna have nightmares about "what if" now.... :Smile_amazed:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×