Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Deadpooleo

A new idea for a battleship, The USS. North Dakota BB. 29

12 comments in this topic

[FSA2]
Members
2 posts
1,128 battles

This was once the pride of the us navy, it was the biggest and heavily armed battleship of the U.S. navy for the post WW1 era, and well into WW1, but unfortunately she was sunk after being partially dismantled in 1924 due to the Washington Naval Limitations Treaty.

Here are a few links to some sources and images of the Battleship (Note some of these images are also of the USS. Delaware).

http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/29a.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_North_Dakota_(BB-29)

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/OnlineLibrary/photos/sh-usn/usnsh-n/bb29.htm

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/OnlineLibrary/photos/usnshtp/bb/bb28cl.htm

http://www.naval-encyclopedia.com/ww1/USA/delaware-class-battleships

I personally think that adding this ship as a premium tier III or IV battleship for the U.S. Tree would be an amazing idea!

012914f.jpg

Edited by Deadpooleo
  • Cool 2

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
564 posts
4,152 battles

I’d say too many main guns for tier 3 but could fit at tier 4 as an alternative to Ark Beta for newer players

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion! She's a lovely ship for sure!

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,358 posts
10,940 battles

I doubt WG will add her. especially since there's a good possibility that they'll be adding South Dakota as an alternate tier 8 for a future 2nd USN BB line.:fish_book:

Also assuming WG ever allowed players to have one. the USS Arkansas is basically the same ship but better! well minus the AA guns.seriously WG why didn't we get a 1942 refit model instead!?:Smile_teethhappy:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,358 posts
10,940 battles
21 minutes ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion! She's a lovely ship for sure!

while on the subject. I'd love it if WG would recommend  USS Tennessee for an alternate tech tree line tier 7 for new mexico. you could even have her sister the USS California as a tier 7 USN BB premium ship! Their refits are just awesome and would be something special to see in the  game!:cap_look:I'd also love it if my home states' ship USS Oklahoma would be added in eventually:fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles
2 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

while on the subject. I'd love it if WG would recommend  USS Tennessee for an alternate tier 7 for new mexico. you could even have her sister the USS California as a tier 7 USN BB premium ship! I'd also love it if my home states' ship USS Oklahoma would be added in eventually:fish_cute_2:

Thanks for even more ideas! You guys rock!

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,358 posts
10,940 battles
Just now, Jazzyblaster said:

Thanks for even more ideas! You guys rock!

NP, just give us credit if you implement the ideas OK!:cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[FSA2]
Members
2 posts
1,128 battles
29 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

NP, just give us credit if you implement the ideas OK!:cap_yes:

Defintetly, I would love to see all of these ships implemented eventually!

[USN50]
Members
71 posts
4,076 battles

i would like to see the Oklahoma in memory of dec 7th and the sailors who sufferred for the next week in there. plus there isnt one of those classes in the game yet. the double and triple turrets are cool and different 

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
110 posts
5,959 battles
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, Kerabatsos said:

i would like to see the Oklahoma in memory of dec 7th and the sailors who sufferred for the next week in there. plus there isnt one of those classes in the game yet. the double and triple turrets are cool and different 

Yes please!

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,645 posts
596 battles

It'd kind of be a Wyoming clone, honestly. Florida, Delaware and Wyoming-classes were very similar to eachother and saw only small incremental upgrades between them.

[SRBL]
Members
158 posts
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Deadpooleo said:

but unfortunately she was sunk after being partially dismantled in 1924 due to the Washington Naval Limitations Treaty.

I was under the impression Nouth Dakota went to the breakers after being replaced as a target vessel by Utah. 

Edited by Tom_Greg

Sign in to follow this