Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Commander_LuXun

Why is it sometimes said that NA has the best individual skill compared to other servers?

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
2,201 posts
5,012 battles

I've heard some on the forum say that our server has the best individual skill among our players compared to EU, RU, Asia etc. Why? I would like to know from what you've heard about gameplay on other servers, or even better if you've experienced other servers yourself. If we truly have the highest individual skill on average, does that mean average here=good on EU / RU / Asia, and above average here=superb on the other servers, and unicum here=ungodly on the other servers? I've heard not many people on EU have above 1500 WTR while I've seen quite a few NA players like iChase, CatOnBoard (does he still play?), aAkula etc. who have crazy high WTR. I've also heard that even light and dark blue players are more rare at EU than here, but could the same be said for any server, that light blue and dark blue players aren't all that common?

 

BTW if I go to China for traveling, will I be IP blocked from NA?

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,710
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,296 posts
22,581 battles

I've never heard that said.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
691 posts
7,037 battles
20 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I've heard some on the forum say that our server has the best individual skill among our players compared to EU, RU, Asia etc.

 

Sounds like something people would say after an embarrassing loss for the NA server team in some international tournament finals. Something like 'the NA team had some interesting plays, but their lack of coordination lead to them being completely wiped out'. But that's just a guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,201 posts
5,012 battles
9 minutes ago, senseNOTmade said:

Sounds like something people would say after an embarrassing loss for the NA server team in some international tournament finals. Something like 'the NA team had some interesting plays, but their lack of coordination lead to them being completely wiped out'. But that's just a guess.

Has anything like that ever happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,130 battles
10 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Has anything like that ever happened?

Yes actually. Jingles said something about it. They still lost the whole thing but a NA team did managed to turn it around for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,772
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,734 posts
13,730 battles

Because we can afford computers that can play the game above 12 FPS. :cap_cool:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,201 posts
5,012 battles

我是中国人但我没玩过国服,不知道国服玩家的平均水平怎么样。

 

I'm Chinese but I've never played on the CN server, not sure what the average player skill is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,122 posts
23,392 battles
46 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I've heard some on the forum say that our server has the best individual skill among our players compared to EU, RU, Asia etc. Why? I would like to know from what you've heard about gameplay on other servers, or even better if you've experienced other servers yourself. If we truly have the highest individual skill on average, does that mean average here=good on EU / RU / Asia, and above average here=superb on the other servers, and unicum here=ungodly on the other servers? I've heard not many people on EU have above 1500 WTR while I've seen quite a few NA players like iChase, CatOnBoard (does he still play?), aAkula etc. who have crazy high WTR. I've also heard that even light and dark blue players are more rare at EU than here, but could the same be said for any server, that light blue and dark blue players aren't all that common?

 

BTW if I go to China for traveling, will I be IP blocked from NA?

do not ever send me another email again, freak. crystal?

  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94
[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
384 posts
8,484 battles
18 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Has anything like that ever happened?

Yes actually. Last KOTS, 07 got mopped by WGP2W in the international. ZR actually won a game against OMNI tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,722
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

My experience on the EU server is that we (NA) are individually better players.  They are miles ahead of us in team play.  Team play wins games.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
429 posts
13,027 battles

in basic style, in think average american player are not balzy. If we try to not take a risk, we can't try for figth a risk. After, player have better coordination because lot player know same language (english), in EU, english is just a third language after german and french.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers
16 posts
5,882 battles

I was an alpha tester on the EU server, but I haven't really played much on that server since then. But overall I'd say skill was the same , people seemed to communicate more about battle plans on the EU servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,130 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

My experience on the EU server is that we (NA) are individually better players.  They are miles ahead of us in team play.  Team play wins games.

Exactly this. Which is why NA players aren’t considered “competitive” as far as the competitive scene goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,013
[JEDI-]
Members
2,689 posts
6,968 battles
4 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I've heard some on the forum say that our server has the best individual skill among our players compared to EU, RU, Asia etc. Why? I would like to know from what you've heard about gameplay on other servers, or even better if you've experienced other servers yourself. If we truly have the highest individual skill on average, does that mean average here=good on EU / RU / Asia, and above average here=superb on the other servers, and unicum here=ungodly on the other servers? I've heard not many people on EU have above 1500 WTR while I've seen quite a few NA players like iChase, CatOnBoard (does he still play?), aAkula etc. who have crazy high WTR. I've also heard that even light and dark blue players are more rare at EU than here, but could the same be said for any server, that light blue and dark blue players aren't all that common?

 

BTW if I go to China for traveling, will I be IP blocked from NA?

Did you find it in here? After playing today you must have.

once-upon-a-time-a-timeless-collection-of-fairy-tales-8.jpg

Edited by xalmgrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
231 posts
29,741 battles

Looks like you have the language skills to try the Asian server yourself. Aslain's modpack includes a region-changer.

Be an 'investigative journalist', battle on the Asian server, and report back to this forum on your experience.

Have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
191 posts
40 battles
Just now, Daffyd9x said:

Looks like you have the language skills to try the Asian server yourself. Aslain's modpack includes a region-changer.

Be an 'investigative journalist', battle on the Asian server, and report back to this forum on your experience.

Have fun!

VOR just sealclubbed everyone in KoTS Asia(Yuro said that, not me). They never lost a single match to anyone, including a clan from CN server who made T10 accounts in Asia to play KoTS. But even then, VOR never displayed anything super great other than strong coordination and carefulness, and no one else matched that level of play. That alone sums up your average Asia server skill level(very large difference in player skill). The upcoming KoTS NA vs Asia will hopefully give us a better picture in the server comparison.

 

However, worth noting that the Asia server is criticized more on the following:

1. Despite a significant lack of understanding on what one should do in a game, one thing Asia players always tend to do, is to put priority toward self defense over any aggression. This leads to a lower average damage done and a higher survival rate in server wide stats compared to any other server. A very bad thing about this is that it leads to very slow and boring games, and sometimes, a difficulty to get high damage numbers.

2. Asian clans, have a sort of win at all cost mindset. They don't hesitate at all to use CV division anchoring(Saipan/Kidd/Kutuzov CV div), overpowered ships with synergy with another overpowered ship, and unfun tactics for a more safe win. Mindset you would only see in stressful environments such as tournaments, are placed in random battles, which together with point 1, makes the gameplay even more stale. Even worst, you see this in T3, T4, all the way to T10. And, you can't solo play CV at T10 at all, every CV there plays with two "All-in" super AA ships only there to kill planes rather than ships.

3. You still face the same potato teammates from NA or EU randoms in Asia, but with all the extra bad stuff in point 1 and 2 appearing on the red team. Well, at least most of the toxic chat is filtered if you use English client. But still, it can be very frustrating.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,201 posts
5,012 battles
22 minutes ago, CCloak said:

VOR just sealclubbed everyone in KoTS Asia(Yuro said that, not me). They never lost a single match to anyone, including a clan from CN server who made T10 accounts in Asia to play KoTS. But even then, VOR never displayed anything super great other than strong coordination and carefulness, and no one else matched that level of play. That alone sums up your average Asia server skill level(very large difference in player skill). The upcoming KoTS NA vs Asia will hopefully give us a better picture in the server comparison.

 

However, worth noting that the Asia server is criticized more on the following:

1. Despite a significant lack of understanding on what one should do in a game, one thing Asia players always tend to do, is to put priority toward self defense over any aggression. This leads to a lower average damage done and a higher survival rate in server wide stats compared to any other server. A very bad thing about this is that it leads to very slow and boring games, and sometimes, a difficulty to get high damage numbers.

2. Asian clans, have a sort of win at all cost mindset. They don't hesitate at all to use CV division anchoring(Saipan/Kidd/Kutuzov CV div), overpowered ships with synergy with another overpowered ship, and unfun tactics for a more safe win. Mindset you would only see in stressful environments such as tournaments, are placed in random battles, which together with point 1, makes the gameplay even more stale. Even worst, you see this in T3, T4, all the way to T10. And, you can't solo play CV at T10 at all, every CV there plays with two "All-in" super AA ships only there to kill planes rather than ships.

3. You still face the same potato teammates from NA or EU randoms in Asia, but with all the extra bad stuff in point 1 and 2 appearing on the red team. Well, at least most of the toxic chat is filtered if you use English client. But still, it can be very frustrating.

The SEA server sounds absolutely horrible. Glad I've never played there. As a player who likes proactively engaging the enemy and getting aggressive, their normal style of gameplay is the exact opposite of what I want. Oh, and divisions in randoms can often be cancer, whether in terms of being too unbalanced or too much of a liability (becase fail divisions or potato divisions).

 

How in the world do Asia players even have fun, if that's how they play? It's almost like they are from a completely different universe. As much as we complain about passive gameplay here on NA, we still get periods where we have good teams that actually push. Win at all costs? Sure I'd love to win, and of course I prefer a win to a loss, but if it's not a win where I actually did a respectable amount of damage, got kills, and felt like I made enough of a contribution to pat myself on the back, the feeling is pretty much the same as a loss. I wouldn't be surprised if many matches on the Asia server are won / lost by points alone, not kills. I'd rather play aggressively, get four kills, deal a solid amount of damage, and die an inevitable death knowing I pulled my weight, rather than just sit there and try to conserve my ship at all costs.

 

Because you are playing WARSHIPS, warships are meant for war, and you can't go through war without expecting fighting and taking damage. From what you're describing the players on the Asia server might as well play Ocean Liner Simulator, if such a game exists.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,382
[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
11,191 battles

Because they never tried ranking out on NA during the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
7 hours ago, Lert said:

I've never heard that said.

I think I heard Flamu say it on a video once, don't remember which one but it was talking about King of the Sea I believe.  Maybe a year ago or more.

I would still say the overall gameplay is better on EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

No one is saying NA is best server, and Asia has it's own share of bad players. We need to stop putting them on a pedestal all the time. If I had to take a shot in the dark over why this may feel so, self importance and self sufficiency  take priority to the point where some would prefer to be able to accomplish a goal by themselves rather than achieve it with a team. Teamwork takes a backseat until a person surrounds themselves with people who have a teamwork group mindset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,385
[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,305 battles
7 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

do not ever send me another email again, freak. crystal?

irS9LUj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×