You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

What is your Karma score right now

164 comments in this topic

Members
1,651 posts
20,307 battles
4 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

466. I seem to gain points during the Ranked season, and while playing DD or CV in Randoms.

Oddly enough I should have lost some Karma during Ranked but I did not...

Which tends to make me think that  most of us have some remorse for each other when it comes to that Game mode lol

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[HEROS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,544 battles
20 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

SY6hiDs.png

People don't like me and I don't care ROFLMAO

lol that Karma point is mine when I complimented you in the match we were in together heheheehe

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I believe I am sitting at around 450, which I am pretty proud of as a CV main.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

lol that Karma point is mine when I complimented you in the match we were in together heheheehe

Yes ,Yes it is Your the best.

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,503 posts
28,111 battles

I'm just shy of 1800.

[HEROS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,544 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Yes ,Yes it is Your the best.

Now hurry up and work it off, you slacker!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO.

• Funny 1

Members
1,651 posts
20,307 battles
8 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

I'm just shy of 1800.

Looooooool  omg they need to put a cap on yours :cap_cool:or give you better odds on super containers.

I think that Warships is secretly adding Karma to your score for likes on your videos lol

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,633 posts
15,081 battles

I don't get lots of likes but I also rarely get dislikes and those are almost always when I have a really good match in a ship that causes rage like the Minotaur.

NyOnRH1.jpg

[DBFB]
[DBFB]
Members
256 posts
19,629 battles

My current karma is 1

It goes up fast playing co-op and scenarios.

it goes down even faster after a game or two of random....despite winning, despite being a total alpha jackie chan john rambo superman type player...in that game

its more of a mini game within the game for the trolls.....

Edited by MokrieDela

[-VT-]
Members
958 posts
40,915 battles

It was 20 points higher before this season of Ranked Battles.  heh

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
13,112 battles

166. Mine is a roller coaster though. I get reported randomly and a quite a few times I've been reported for my old ign starting with fog

Members
1,205 posts
7,438 battles

It was over 50 last time I checked. I usually compliment top performers on my team and rarely use the report function unless someone map-ping or quick command spams like a rabbit that has had chocolate covered espresso beans and did a line of blow.

As of right now, since 0.6.6, the only thing Karma does is allow you more compliments/reports per day.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.6.6

We've increased the daily limit for compliments and reports. Now, once a you've achieved a certain Karma level, your daily limit will also increase:

Karma Level Limit on reports and compliments
0 - 19 7 reports and 7 compliments
20 - 49 8 reports and 8 compliments
50 - 79 9 reports and 9 compliments
80 - 109 10 reports and 10 compliments
> 110 11 reports and 11 compliments

On the update’s release, a limit of reports and compliments will assign to players depending on their Karma level.

And unless WG has changed it, you cannot get negative Karma. You can only go as low as a big fat zero.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/052-arrives-patch-notes/

Karma System

Karma is calculated as the difference between the number of compliments and reports received, and may not be less than zero. Karma is displayed by the player's nickname.

It is prohibited to compliment and report players within the same Division.

If a player is complimented or reported, a system message appears after a battle. The system message for reports will be displayed only if a player has been reported by at least two players.

The system message for compliments will show the specific number of people who complimented you (without specifying their nicknames, however).

Members
147 posts
11,659 battles

I have a suggestion about karma.  If WG wants to encourage team play how about actually rewarding players with high karma points with either a super container, premium time or something along those lines.  Let’s say every 100 karma points will redeem u a super container or every 200 karma points get u some premium time.  That way I think it would get rid of the salt from random and this actually might encourage people to play as a team or team play actions.  Just a thought.

Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles

and it's easy to stockpile Karma in co-op :Smile_Default:

For best results, do not express surprise in chat that 3 of your team mates get outplayed and deleted by bots in the first 3 minutes, or that your full health Tirpitz chooses to ram a half health NC instead of firing torpedoes.*

*Story based on real events

Edited by evilleMonkeigh

[INTEL]
Members
1,787 posts
16,709 battles
22 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I believe I am sitting at around 450, which I am pretty proud of as a CV main.

Ima fix that for you next time we get in a match on opposite teams. :Smile_glasses:

[NONE]
Members
4,187 posts

Who cares?

Clan and division mates can artificially inflate positive karma numbers, while negative karma is usually more an indication of butthurt than righteous criticism.

It's a meaningless system.

• Cool 2

[DBFB]
[DBFB]
Members
256 posts
19,629 battles
10 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

T2YORCU.png

how much of that is real karma vs people sucking up to a CC?

not that theres anything wrong with that....

[DBFB]
[DBFB]
Members
256 posts
19,629 battles
4 minutes ago, Not_Your_Average_Potato said:

I have a suggestion about karma.  If WG wants to encourage team play how about actually rewarding players with high karma points with either a super container, premium time or something along those lines.  Let’s say every 100 karma points will redeem u a super container or every 200 karma points get u some premium time.  That way I think it would get rid of the salt from random and this actually might encourage people to play as a team or team play actions.  Just a thought.

its an arbitrary system.

easy to game if youre going for rewards.

plus with 7(?) votes you can just get some clan mates and have a circle...errm  pat eachother on the back to inflate the score.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
Just now, Ares1967 said:

Ima fix that for you next time we get in a match on opposite teams. :Smile_glasses:

j6ZBj.gif?noredirect

[DBFB]
[DBFB]
Members
256 posts
19,629 battles
3 minutes ago, TF77 said:

Who cares?

Clan and division mates can artificially inflate positive karma numbers, while negative karma is usually more an indication of butthurt than righteous criticism.

It's a meaningless system.

8ae.gif

• Cool 1

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,103 battles
On 5/22/2018 at 12:53 PM, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

A conversation I had with a player lead me to ask this question for the millionth time i am sure.

The argument was that having a high Karma score is almost impossible due to the lack of appreciation for good play.

Either from your team or the enemy team or the constant negative reporting from players who just do not like you or what you did in the game.

Well I want to disprove that theory by having at least everyone on this forum screenshot and post their score.

I am willing to bet that the majority have a fairly positive and high score.

If that is the case then maybe there is more appreciation for good play and less reporting for minor mistakes in a game then some players imagine.

I will post mine when i get home from work.

Went from 21 to 0 in a 3 week period.. am a team player and nice in chat... go figure.. and that was 3 weeks ago and still at 0 which is fine by me

crap ... some body gave me Karma.. I’m now at 1 

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish