You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

What is your Karma score right now

164 comments in this topic

Members
1,651 posts
20,307 battles

A conversation I had with a player lead me to ask this question for the millionth time i am sure.

The argument was that having a high Karma score is almost impossible due to the lack of appreciation for good play.

Either from your team or the enemy team or the constant negative reporting from players who just do not like you or what you did in the game.

Well I want to disprove that theory by having at least everyone on this forum screenshot and post their score.

I am willing to bet that the majority have a fairly positive and high score.

If that is the case then maybe there is more appreciation for good play and less reporting for minor mistakes in a game then some players imagine.

I will post mine when i get home from work.

karma.thumb.png.8c7557f0a07c1f159f94b1c048778dc7.png

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Members
5,202 posts

Is it possible to have negative karma? Something I've never thought about before since karma is pretty much useless. 

Regardless, last I checked it was around 770... but I'm pretty sure @Lord_Zath will beat us all.  He farms all the karma with his soothing voice, amicable nature, and endearing presence. He's also spent a good amount of time trying to mentor and coach players that need help with his YT channel. With any luck, he'll be a CC soon. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[SIM]
Members
6,265 posts
10,284 battles

17 I think? I used to care about my Karma score until I realized how flawed that the system was. 

[_TKS_]
[_TKS_]
Members
1,478 posts
15,653 battles

currently 13.

my numbers go up in ranked play, stays level in random play, and gets nailed when I play CV, or i am trying to accomplishing a task. 

• Funny 1

Members
1,651 posts
20,307 battles
3 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Is it possible to have negative karma? Something I've never thought about before since karma is pretty much useless. 

Regardless, last I checked it was around 770... but I'm pretty sure @Lord_Zath will beat us all.  He farms all the karma with his soothing voice, amicable nature, and endearing presence. 

There is a player I will not name that is not the one I had this conversation with that has said they were warned by Warships that if there Kara went into the negative they would receive a punishment of some kind.  True idk but if you are at 0 karma and continue to get reported it might be something that could happen i believe.

Members
5,202 posts
1 minute ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

There is a player I will not name that is not the one I had this conversation with that has said they were warned by Warships that if there Kara went into the negative they would receive a punishment of some kind.  True idk but if you are at 0 karma and continue to get reported it might be something that could happen i believe.

That's actually encouraging to hear. 

[WOLF5]
Members
34,933 posts
29,030 battles
3 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I have a Division Mate who's a far better player than me but has 0 Karma.  He's way more... vocal... in a match than I am :Smile_teethhappy:  He's regularly on Chat Ban.

My Karma is sitting at 275 or 276 right now.  I've slacked off on PVP for some weeks and it's easy to stockpile Karma in co-op :Smile_Default:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

SY6hiDs.png

People don't like me and I don't care ROFLMAO

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,476 battles

I've topped out at 19, and bottomed out at 0, and been somewhere between 13 and 17 for a long time. I'd like to say I don't care, but to be honest, it's nice to get a compliment once in a while.

• Cool 2

Members
1,651 posts
20,307 battles
6 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

That's actually encouraging to hear. 

I really believe we as a community do not throw around compliments and reports without purpose.

5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

SY6hiDs.png

I hardly think that players not liking you has anything to do with that score....

as a matter of fact i have complimented you at least 3 times that I know of.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
24,765 battles

Karma does not go below zero and there is no punishments involved at all. It is just a number and if yours is high then you are likely being a good team player and you don't do stupid stuff in battle nor are you rude to others in chat. So you garner compliments from those conscious enough to take the effort

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
Just now, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I really believe we as a community do not throw around compliments and reports without purpose.

If you really are having trouble

I hardly think that players not liking you has anything to do with that score....

as a matter of fact i have complimented you at least 3 times that I know of.

I get neg karma more often than not the highest I have been is 38 way back when

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,476 battles
7 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

SY6hiDs.png

Actually, about that: I empty my entire day's worth of reports on you any time I see you in game....:Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Members
1,651 posts
20,307 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

Actually, about that: I empty my entire day's worth of reports on you any time I see you in game....:Smile_sad:

LOL man you guys need to be more positive,  Ignore chat and focus on what a player did good in a game not just the one bad thing you wish they hadn't.

[--K--]
Members
5,440 posts
19,754 battles
14 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

I'm pretty sure @Lord_Zath will beat us all.  He farms all the karma with his soothing voice, amicable nature, and endearing presence

eFC8kSd.gif

@Lord_Zath doesn't farm Karma its given to him as an offering by people who don't want this to happen to their port. 

mmPjwCF.gif

My Karma is 605 but than I haven't played any Rank today. 

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
Just now, legozer said:

I knew it,I told everyone you Do that, Nobody believes me. Your Great Reputation  precedes you. 

Vn92LPb.jpg

• Funny 2

[WOLF5]
Members
2,070 posts
14,692 battles

All from coop battles and when I have a really good battle most of the others have been long sunk and are probably on to their third "In Battle" game....

• Cool 1

Members
3,791 posts

I will be the first to flat out admit that I am a full on potato.  But at least I try and at least I can admit it.  But when I potato, I potato like a King.  LOL.  My karma is only a 3.

Edited by SuperSpud1
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,118 posts
25,397 battles

466. I seem to gain points during the Ranked season, and while playing DD or CV in Randoms.

• Cool 1

Members
1,651 posts
20,307 battles
Just now, Not_Your_Average_Potato said:

As of last night.  454.  Hopefully one day these karma score can get u like a super container or some rewards.

You know i agree with that 100%. 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
13,531 battles

104, highest was 106, and mine has been very slowly going up for a while, mostly while doing operations.

• Cool 1