You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GuntherPrein

Really WG ... Why should I go pink for getting detonated by a bomb in first 3 mins???

31 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
19,253 battles

wth I go to cap 30 secs into capping a Hak gets 1 bomb on me and Im detonated .... I was pretty pissed at first game of day being complete waste of time so I left went and got a coffee chilled a bit and came back half hour later to find out I am Pink now.......

That is beyond retarded WG how the hell do I get a pink warning for dying while spotting and trying to secure a cap for team that is like a slap in the face after you already slapped me in the face now I am going to hear from 100 WG apologists telling me its ok go work it off.. while I wont leave this game coming back to that was a complete insult to me and I think its time to rethink how you are combatting TK'ers and afk'ers

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles

Not a WG apologist, but if you left the battle before you died, that be against the rules in the new anti-abuse system that WG rolled out in 0.7.4, and it will earn you the "pink eye" for 2 for 4 games.

Now, if you did die, you should be able to leave the battle, head back to port without any worries. I don't always stay to finish watching a match after I get killed either. If you got killed and still got the warning with the "pink eye." sounds like a bug and I would submit a support ticket.

Edited by daVinci761st
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
5,074 posts
15,603 battles
3 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

If you got killed and still got the warning with the "pink eye." sounds like a bug and I would submit a support ticket.

agreed So long as he has the screen shots to back it up if not he's SOL. I left battle after my sinking and I never gotten pink over it. I am willing to bet posters after me will post the same thing. So @GuntherPrein Send a ticket up to support if you have the proof, if not well I wish you luck... Cheers!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,758 posts
18,207 battles

You should have gotten list of the "unsporting behavior" that resulted in the pink status.  Are you sure you didn't have any torps in the,water that could have found a friendly?

If it was a disconnect warning and you already had died, submit the ticket as above.  

[TBW]
Members
8,041 posts
14,655 battles
12 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

wth I go to cap 30 secs into capping a Hak gets 1 bomb on me and Im detonated .... I was pretty pissed at first game of day being complete waste of time so I left went and got a coffee chilled a bit and came back half hour later to find out I am Pink now.......

That is beyond retarded WG how the hell do I get a pink warning for dying while spotting and trying to secure a cap for team that is like a slap in the face after you already slapped me in the face now I am going to hear from 100 WG apologists telling me its ok go work it off.. while I wont leave this game coming back to that was a complete insult to me and I think its time to rethink how you are combatting TK'ers and afk'ers

For sure a glitch Gunther, something they need to know about and I am sure they will fix. Don't be mad be glad that you were the one to inform them about it. They should give you 100 det signals for pointing this out.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
19,253 battles
8 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

Not a WG apologist, but if you left the battle before you died, that be against the rules in the new anti-abuse system that WG rolled out in 0.7.4, and it will earn you the "pink eye" for 2 for 4 games.

Now, if you did die, you should be able to leave the battle, head back to port without any worries. I don't always stay to finish watching a match after I get killed either. If you got killed and still got the warning with the "pink eye." sounds like a bug and I would submit a support ticket.

No I did not even have time to fire anything I got detonated and quit game completely ten seconds after

Just now, Warped_1 said:

You should have gotten list of the "unsporting behavior" that resulted in the pink status.  Are you sure you didn't have any torps in the,water that could have found a friendly?

If it was a disconnect warning and you already had died, submit the ticket as above.  

not being rude but why the hell should I have to send in any ticket its completely stupid more work on my part because WG is too lazy to do anything about afk'ers and TK'ers so they use an automated system that Kinda sorta works except when it does not

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
11,237 posts
2 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

No I did not even have time to fire anything I got detonated and quit game completely ten seconds after

not being rude but why the hell should I have to send in any ticket its completely stupid more work on my part because WG is too lazy to do anything about afk'ers and TK'ers so they use an automated system that Kinda sorta works except when it does not

So there's a potential bug that annoyed you enough to make a forum post about it and you can't be bothered to create a bug report?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles
1 minute ago, GuntherPrein said:

No I did not even have time to fire anything I got detonated and quit game completely ten seconds after....

That definitely sounds like a bug to me then.

I think the automated system is buggy when you get killed early on in battle. You are not the first person to post about receiving a warning and turning pink after getting deleted from the water and then exiting the game. In all the cases I've seen, the player reported a similar situation where it was early on at near the start of the match and/or they hadn't traveled far or failed to do any damage to the enemy ships. Under the new system, there are two criteria that cause it to trigger a warning other than team damage/TK or getting disconnected during the game, and that is not traveling far enough and not participating in 75% of the battle; however,  I also had a clan mate get a warning and turn pink because he failed to do damage, all his shot missed or bounced, in battle before he got killed and he was in BB and traveled a good distance and was in the game for over 5 minutes before his North Carolina was deleted by a Yamato.

While I understand that being pink is not that big of a deal to a lot of players, WG definitely needs to look at tweaking the darn thing. It's just too sensitive IMO.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
19,253 battles
2 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

That definitely sounds like a bug to me then.

I think the automated system is buggy when you get killed early on in battle. You are not the first person to post about receiving a warning and turning pink after getting deleted from the water and then exiting the game. In all the cases I've seen, the player reported a similar situation where it was early on at near the start of the match and/or they hadn't traveled far or failed to do any damage to the enemy ships. Under the new system, there are two criteria that cause it to trigger a warning other than team damage/TK or getting disconnected during the game, and that is not traveling far enough and not participating in 75% of the battle; however,  I also had a clan mate get a warning and turn pink because he failed to do damage, all his shot missed or bounced, in battle before he got killed and he was in BB and traveled a good distance and was in the game for over 5 minutes before his North Carolina was deleted by a Yamato.

While I understand that being pink is not that big of a deal to a lot of players, WG definitely needs to look at tweaking the darn thing. It's just too sensitive IMO.

Yeah I think your right sounds like what happened I get it is only a warning but I hate getting warnings for no reason

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,918 posts
12,246 battles

I thought if you travelled under X km in-game WG used it as a sloppy metric for you being AFK or similar.

Unfortunately the side effect is if you get taken out very early (by say a carrier...) you appear AFK.

With 0.7.5 I believe the minimum km travelled requirement is being halved.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
19,253 battles
13 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

So there's a potential bug that annoyed you enough to make a forum post about it and you can't be bothered to create a bug report?

really??? all you ever do is find a way to be negative maybe don't bother posting if you have nothing positive to say

• Boring 1
  • Angry 2

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
32 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

Did he hit you with 1 bomb? If so, unless you were already taking damage you cannot detonate. That means you just left the game resulting in being pink. 

If you were just exaggerating and did get detonated or deleted, I would say maybe it is a bug in which the player hasn’t been in long enough/hasn’t traveled far enough and dies before they meet those requirements. Just submit a ticket.

No game is perfect and you have to submit tickets in order to report hugs and improve games. Obviously your case is a weird one.

Beta Testers
3,226 posts
12,955 battles

I think people might have voted "unsportsmanlike behaviour" for you dying first, to many reports will turn you pink, no bugs just team voting with their dissapointment

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I think people might have voted "unsportsmanlike behaviour" for you dying first, to many reports will turn you pink, no bugs just team voting with their dissapointment

I thought the in-game report/compliment system only affected a player's karma with the release of the new automated system, or is my assumption wrong?

Beta Testers
3,226 posts
12,955 battles
4 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I thought the in-game report/compliment system only affected a player's karma with the release of the new automated system, or is my assumption wrong?

NOPE! one reason why they put it in the game and has same heading as the notification you receive when you do actually hit someone with friendly fire

[CK5]
Members
1,084 posts
9,838 battles
14 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Another example as to why the Karma system needs to be overhauled or scrapped.  

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
19,253 battles
18 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

rofl probably

[XBRTC]
Members
2,881 posts
9,089 battles
11 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

NOPE! one reason why they put it in the game and has same heading as the notification you receive when you do actually hit someone with friendly fire

Negative.

Karma is all that's affected by the in-game reports, except for misbehavior in chat. Enough of those and you get a chat ban.

You cannot go pink from in-game reports.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,880 posts
9,528 battles
40 minutes ago, mofton said:

I thought if you travelled under X km in-game WG used it as a sloppy metric for you being AFK or similar.

Unfortunately the side effect is if you get taken out very early (by say a carrier...) you appear AFK.

With 0.7.5 I believe the minimum km travelled requirement is being halved.

This. It sounds like a bug.

@GuntherPrein I had no idea bug reports are so exhausting!

I've been quietly testing this system's punishments and it's very forgiving unless repeat offender. Don't think it wise to say more as we don't need people in-game abusing it for their griefing.

• Funny 1

[YGGD]
Beta Testers
2,665 posts
22,135 battles
1 hour ago, GuntherPrein said:

Pink is Beautiful everyone turns pink now and then 

[TDRB]
Members
2,993 posts
9,017 battles

Yeah I think your right sounds like what happened I get it is only a warning but I hate getting warnings for no reason

I do too. In real life the local police arrested me at at my job because of a computer glitch.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,198 posts
55 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Don't think it works that way.....:cap_hmm:

If they really allowed voting for it, that would be beyond stupid.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

OP:  Hey i found a potential bug, but i cant be assed to send in a bug report to help prevent it from happening again!

Me: Assumes you are lying to begin with.

I miss anything?

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
19,253 battles
2 hours ago, Hatework said:

OP:  Hey i found a potential bug, but i cant be assed to send in a bug report to help prevent it from happening again!

Me: Assumes you are lying to begin with.

I miss anything?

YOU: Hey how could I waste my time?? Oh I know post something stupid and call someone  a liar yay!!!

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
4 hours ago, GuntherPrein said:

If this is true quit complaining here on the forum and submit a ticket. There is no guarantee this bug will get to their trouble shooters here on the forum, but submitting a ticket at least means it has a chance getting to their testers and getting fixed. Turn on replays if you haven’t already in case you encounter another bug.