You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

Expierianced, Active Player - Thinking About Clanning Up.

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
795 posts
8,315 battles

Hello all.

Allow me to say - right off the hop - that I don't mean any of this in a haughty or condescending way.

I'm not very well versed in how clans work, or how they harvest the special rewards (oil, etc) - because frankly, I haven't been interested in them. 

However - its becoming apparent that there are more advantages and rewards coming down the pipe, and it seems silly not to capitalize upon them.

I also don't want to spend a lot of time looking through clan recruitment postings, searching for the right fit - so I thought I'd take a shortcut and post once here, rather than apply in multiplication.

What I offer:

I'm an active player, and have been playing for a while - inactivity and lack of production isn't going to be an issue.

I'm a solid 55% WR player (all of it solo, obviously), playing almost exclusively in random mode - and am able to contribute to the clan reward system with above average amounts of games played, damage, or XP - whichever it is that is counted towards clan reward advancement (I really don't have any idea).

What I'm looking for in a clan:

My ideal clan does not require any participation in social activities - its not why I like to play this game.  I've worked in emergency services for 25 years, and this is where I come to get away from folks and their drama.  So - no TS, no Discord, no cooperative, divisioning or competitive play (or that do, and don't mind a member that abstains from it) .  I don't mind one way comms (forum postings, PMs, or emails) but spend enough time on radios irl, that I don't care to participate in any real-time, 2 way comms. 

I'm looking for a clan that will contribute on an equal basis with me.  Obviously - unicum clans are above my skill and contribution level, but by the same token - I don't want to be the highest contributor.  I think a nearly full clan whose members were active, played all tiers and played predominantly random mode (not being elitist here - its just that all production amounts are exponentially higher in randoms versus COOP)  - and were mostly middle of the road in terms of average WR, XP, and DMG production (again - I'm not sure what the parameters of the clan reward system are).

Like I said - I don't mean any of this to sound condescending - I'm just looking to short-cut my way into a clan that would be a good fit for my production and easy about my requirements.

If you're recruiting - and see this as a good fit - drop me a line on the forum.

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by ddoubletapp1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,905 battles

Two reasons I would want to recruit a player into my clan.

1 they play clan wars and play as a team, this requires voice comms....

2 to div up and enjoy playing with a friend, someone to talk to in game while playing together , this requires voice comms...

Since you do not want voice comms, I feel you are going to have a rough time finding a clan...

Good luck and fair seas. 

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
7,450 posts
12,651 battles

We don't require coms or divisions, we do expect people to be on our discord, don't have to be on it all the time but check from time to time. A little socializing is nice and really the main point of a clan. But as long as you farm oil...

Links in my sig if you are interested.

• Cool 1

[90TH]
Members
984 posts
9,232 battles

Most clans will have at least a TeamSpeak or Discord rule.  Generally people join clans to play with other players.

That being said, [WOLF] is your clan (Lone Wolves I think they're called.)  It's a clan set up for people like you who only want the rewards of being in a clan without actually having to talk to other people or participate in any kind of community.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Members
97 posts
18,009 battles

Most clans made up of players at your skill level require at least some voice communication.

KSC is pretty relaxed about not requiring you to be on Discord all the time, but we do expect at least some participation in divs, Clan Wars, and the occasional operation.  Never an issue of anyone being required to be on at certain times, just some interaction with others.  Most of the clans that have zero voice com requirements are made up of players below your relative skill.

If you are willing to make some consideration for Discord use, let me know.  Our clan is pretty low key and friendly on Discord, but we have solid players.  https://na.wows-numbers.com/clan/1000061637,KSC-Kill-Steal-Confirmed/

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
795 posts
8,315 battles
On 5/19/2018 at 10:47 AM, dEsTurbed1 said:

Two reasons I would want to recruit a player into my clan.

1 they play clan wars and play as a team, this requires voice comms....

2 to div up and enjoy playing with a friend, someone to talk to in game while playing together , this requires voice comms...

Since you do not want voice comms, I feel you are going to have a rough time finding a clan...

Good luck and fair seas. 

Actually - it was  pretty easy.  Apparently I'm not the only anti-social grump out there!

Thank you to all that replied - I found a clan that would accept me as a member, with no expectation of participation - thank you for the suggestion, @n00bot.

See you out there.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,905 battles
5 hours ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

Actually - it was  pretty easy.  Apparently I'm not the only anti-social grump out there!

Thank you to all that replied - I found a clan that would accept me as a member, with no expectation of participation - thank you for the suggestion, @n00bot.

See you out there.

I truly am glad that you found a clan.

You might form some friendships and enjoy the game even more.

Fair seas my fellow captain

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
795 posts
8,315 battles
5 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

You might form some friendships and enjoy the game even more

I sure hope not - that would wreck everything - ha ha!

• Cool 1