You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YoeMe

PINK, Who Cares Anymore ??

21 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
24 posts
9,116 battles

Pink means nothing to me anymore since this new update. Most of PINK team members are usually PINK because they were disconnected or someone ran into their torps. Most of the time members are PINK and it was not their fault. Till this fault in the game is fixed I don't care what color a team member is.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,200 posts
3 minutes ago, YoeMe said:

Pink means nothing to me anymore since this new update. Most of PINK team members are usually PINK because they were disconnected or someone ran into their torps. Most of the time members are PINK and it was not their fault. Till this fault in the game is fixed I don't care what color a team member is.

Unfortunately that seems to be the prevailing attitude lately....it's gotten so easy to go pink, people simply don't care.

I got tked 6 times last week, in every case it was someone who was more interested in scoring, than worrying about going pink.

Working as intended WG?:Smile_teethhappy:

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
19,269 battles

I just got detonated by first bombing run from a Hak in my DD in a cap ( 1 bomb hits me and I get detonated) was my first game of day and was kinda pissed about what a waste of time hitting battle button was so I quit game..... Come back an half hour later after a coffee and find out I am Pink...... wth completely retarded WG that's like a slap in the face after getting slapped in the face thank you soooo much

[WORX]
Members
5,093 posts
15,614 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Working as intended WG?

Game developers can;t change people's attitudes towards a disciplinary action. Its like a teenager rebelling against there parents because for what ever reason he sees fit. Developers are not trying to win the coolest dad award approach, I was against this disciplinary system for totally different reasons. Its not for people that well just don;t care the F--K it crowd. It the same time, they heard the cry of the masses and executed there right to manage the situation. I always tell people "be careful what you ask, what you receive in return my be worse then the situation everyone was complaining about". One thing for sure, people are now aware. In the long term the verdict is still out there if it works to change peoples minds. But who am I to judge, I love the new system after all. Cheers!

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,904 posts
15,590 battles
32 minutes ago, YoeMe said:

That's the point.  It should mean nothing to players here to play the game as intended.  OK, someone got disconnected through no fault of their own.  They go pink..Who cares?  In this case it's just a color.  Someone accidentally TKs someone.  They go pink.  Who cares?  It's no big deal.

Now...someone running bots to build accounts to sell...or whatever.  They are AFK.   They go pink.  Good.  Great.  Working as intended.  Someone goes around intentionally TKing players. They go pink.  Good.  Working as intended.

Pink does little or nothing to players who are here to play as intended.  Those here to disrupt play...to abuse the system.  It works pretty good.  

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,760 posts
18,208 battles

I'm just wondering if anyone has actually gone orange yet.  Haven't seen a rant on it yet.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,645 posts
15,996 battles
54 minutes ago, YoeMe said:

Run into torpedoes!?!

It is the fault of the PINK guy for sinking and ruining another players match....

If I sunk you 5 times in a row, I bet your attitude would change...

90% of pink are because of team damage and not disconnects.

The few not programs are not running any more due to the new penalty system.

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

Yesterday I was doing a hard carry (2300xp vs 1000 for the next top player) and a friendly BB came around an island into my torps at max range, catching one. The hit took him out and caused me to explode as well. I'm not sure if that's a new mechanic or not, I rarely cause team damage. Either way, I'm not a fan. You can reflect all the damage you want back on me when I'm pink, but not during the action that makes me turn pink.

Even if it is my fault, we almost lost that game because I was the last DD alive. Don't punish my team if you don't have to.

[90TH]
Members
984 posts
9,250 battles
28 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Yesterday I was doing a hard carry (2300xp vs 1000 for the next top player) and a friendly BB came around an island into my torps at max range, catching one. The hit took him out and caused me to explode as well. I'm not sure if that's a new mechanic or not, I rarely cause team damage. Either way, I'm not a fan. You can reflect all the damage you want back on me when I'm pink, but not during the action that makes me turn pink.

Even if it is my fault, we almost lost that game because I was the last DD alive. Don't punish my team if you don't have to.

Yep, they've over-done it, in typical WG fashion.

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
166 posts
17,712 battles

Working as intended.  Reflective damage is a good thing.  Eliminates the deliberate TK.

Edited by Daffyd9x

[90TH]
Members
984 posts
9,250 battles
2 minutes ago, Daffyd9x said:

Working as intended.  Reflective damage upon is a good thing.  Eliminates the deliberate TK.

Unfortunately it also allows deliberate TK'ing by putting yourself in front of someone's ordinance and taking both ships down.

[TDRB]
Members
2,999 posts
9,036 battles

Most of the time members are PINK and it was not their fault.

I find that very hard to believe. Yes disconnects do happen and it is unfair to punish those for something out of their control. Yes, sometimes a ship with almost no HP left rams you and you get penalized. But I think these are few & far between. In the real world if you fire a weapon you are responsible for ALL the damage the weapon causes. Why should it be any different in the game? Why do you think it is your teammate's responsibility to dodge you bombs, shells & torpedoes?

I am one of those who DOES NOT care about others being AFK. I figure they are either disconnected or something more important has came up. This is just a game for entertainment. Yes some take advantage of the rules and others don't care if they kill a teammate & try to justify their action my saying it was the teammate's fault.

[PVE]
Members
9,356 posts
16,612 battles

I never held someone being pink against them. I actually generally speak up in chat when others start ragging on the pink player and tell them to grow up, happens to us all, play the damn game and leave him/her alone. I will also report people for unsportsmanlike and/or chat abuse if they keep it up or intentionally ram the pink guy to make the penalty last longer.  I have no tolerance for that kind of stuff. It is immature and stupid.

I mean pretty much all of us at some point make an oops and go pink. Why would I hold someone else to a different standard than I do myself? The point is I give every pink I see the benefit of the doubt and I assume they are there via accident or momentary bad judgement. Not that they are habitual offenders.

Now with that said I do keep an eye on pink players near me just in case they are one of the small % that are pink (orange?) because they truly deserve it as a habitual/intentional team killer. If I see them being careless with torps or guns, or even if they are purposely trying to TK (saw it yesterday with a pink Budyonny who kept shooting our DD's as we left spawn until he finally blew up from reflected damage), I will head to the other end of the map and get as far from them as I can.

I was very vocal on the forums about not liking Co-op being turned into TK Jail. I am still not happy with that move and think it is the wrong solution. But with that said, despite easily seeing 2-3X's the number of pink players as usual so far (had one game with SIX pinks and most every game has 1-2 now), it has not been a huge issues with troublemakers intentionally doing damage. Mainly they just play the game normal.  Have seen pinks doing damage and dying as a result but not too often.

One of the things I knew would happen and wasn't looking forward to though was the whining and sniveling about having to play Co-op, F WG'ing, etc... from the Pinkies (orange?). Sure enough that has happened and then you get non pinks responding and it turns into a playground b!tch fest.:Smile_sceptic:

Other than that so far mainly it has just meant seeing more teammates with pink icons in game with greater frequency

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles

I "love" players that refuse to take responsibility for firing their guns or torpedos and causing team damage or TK'ing a friendly and blame the other person for "sailing into their ordinance." Those folks are about as annoying as the map pinger and quick command spammers.

People that claim players purposefully turn into a torp spread just to grief and cause the other player to get a "team damage/TK" warning or penalty, while I'm sure it occasionally happens, it is very rare. It doesn't happen as often as some people are claiming. Most team damage and TK's are the fault of the person that fired the ordinance. Period. Just apologize to the teammate(s) you hit and/or killed, accept the responsibility that you made a mistake by taking a risky shot, and work off your pink warning or orange penalty.

I do agree that the new automated is too sensitive and needs to be adjusted and tweaked, and as @AdmiralThunder   and a number of others have stated, I think it was a bad idea for WG to use Co-Op as "unsportsmanlike conduct jail" for when players turn into Florida oranges. Create a "Phantom Sea Zone" that is full of bots on the enemy team and the friendly team with the only human player being the orange penalty player. 

Edited by daVinci761st
  • Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, daVinci761st said:

I "love" players that refuse to take responsibility for firing their guns or torpedos and causing team damage or TK'ing a friendly and blame the other person for "sailing into their ordinance." Those folks are about as annoying as the map pinger and quick command spammers.

People that claim players purposefully turn into a torp spread just to grief and cause the other player to get a "team damage/TK" warning or penalty, while I'm sure it occasionally happens, it is very rare. It doesn't happen as often as some people are claiming. Most team damage and TK's are the fault of the person that fired the ordinance. Period. Just apologize to the teammate(s) you hit and/or killed, accept the responsibility that you made a mistake by taking a risky shot, and work off your pink warning or orange penalty.

I do agree that the new automated is too sensitive and needs to be adjusted and tweaked, and as @AdmiralThunder   and a number of others have stated, I think it was a bad idea for WG to use Co-Op as "unsportsmanlike conduct jail" for when players turn into Florida oranges. Create a "Phantom Sea Zone" that is full of bots on the enemy team and the friendly team with the only human player being the orange penalty player. 

Phantom Sea Zone..... I like the name.

However there are some players who would enjoy Solo Play.

May I suggest only Pink/orange Players play against Bots.

Only instead of X number of games a 1 Million Credits earned will get you out.

The Kicker being Tier 1 only and 50% of winnings be paid to WG  New Players as bonus.

• Cool 1

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Phantom Sea Zone..... I like the name.

However there are some players who would enjoy Solo Play.

May I suggest only Pink/orange Players play against Bots.

The Kicker being Tier 1 only and 50% of winnings be paid to WG  New Players as bonus.

I like it.

Capt Obvious ah-ah, beard, agree.gif

Members
349 posts
5,946 battles
8 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I really like this idea. Their redemption has to be earned by playing the objectives rather than being locked into Coop. I can sympathise with the Coop only players who don't like the A-Hull players being foisted on them. That is rather unfair.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,152 posts
21,343 battles
2 hours ago, Terkoz said:

I really like this idea. Their redemption has to be earned by playing the objectives rather than being locked into Coop. I can sympathise with the Coop only players who don't like the A-Hull players being foisted on them. That is rather unfair.

For the most part, I don't think any co-op player minds who is playing. As long as they aren't being nasty in the match the prevailing attitude in my 11k+ games has always been "whatever". No one cares and I doubt if any orange player shows up for a match no one will care. The attitude in PvE is far different than in PvP, much more laid back and most players are focused on farming damage than anything else. Stock ships, pink players, afk players, newbies, old hands, no one cares enough to voice it anyways. The thing I love most about co-op is everyone is just there to play the game, destroy the bots, and farm the most damage. Often the matches are over so fast that very little to no chat is taking place. 

Edited by Taylor3006