Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Match Making Additional Parameters perhaps?

7 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,684 posts

Match making... sounds like a gambling term, doesn't it... I suppose some of you think more like "match fixing" rather than "match making". I wanted to title it "match fixing" but that's so... derogatory. 

So tier/type/class/nation is the current flavors, yes? From high to low, in that order? Even if that's not the proper order I was thinking - dangerous i know - of some additional parameters.

Lots of folks want to use win rate to balance it out... but as ranked shows us, you can get a good win rate by just "going along" with the team, not getting sunk. Maybe that's worth considering? 

I was thinking more of a lower level parameter... like average damage in the tier/type/class/nation (TTCN) the player is attempting to engage in battle. Meaning after the TTCN is applied, one last thing to check might be performance against the TTCN server average in oh, damage to the reds? This would be applied to scatter the players between the two teams about as evenly as possible. 

IOW, you would do the TTCN selection first with the last thing being a swap between the two teams in an attempt to balance the average damage. The purpose would be trying to reduce the number of steam rolls. Given, they will always happen, but would this balance the match even more, tweaking it? 

ps: The server average damage for TTCN could be applied to every ship disregarding player stats if you wanted; but it might work better if that value was only used when the player had oh, less then ten matches in the TTCN ship? 

tiafyc 

• Bad 1

Members
182 posts
740 battles
28 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Match making... sounds like a gambling term, doesn't it... I suppose some of you think more like "match fixing" rather than "match making". I wanted to title it "match fixing" but that's so... derogatory. 

So tier/type/class/nation is the current flavors, yes? From high to low, in that order? Even if that's not the proper order I was thinking - dangerous i know - of some additional parameters.

Lots of folks want to use win rate to balance it out... but as ranked shows us, you can get a good win rate by just "going along" with the team, not getting sunk. Maybe that's worth considering? 

I was thinking more of a lower level parameter... like average damage in the tier/type/class/nation (TTCN) the player is attempting to engage in battle. Meaning after the TTCN is applied, one last thing to check might be performance against the TTCN server average in oh, damage to the reds? This would be applied to scatter the players between the two teams about as evenly as possible. 

IOW, you would do the TTCN selection first with the last thing being a swap between the two teams in an attempt to balance the average damage. The purpose would be trying to reduce the number of steam rolls. Given, they will always happen, but would this balance the match even more, tweaking it? 

ps: The server average damage for TTCN could be applied to every ship disregarding player stats if you wanted; but it might work better if that value was only used when the player had oh, less then ten matches in the TTCN ship? 

tiafyc 

No.

[TBW]
Members
6,963 posts
12,890 battles
51 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I wanted to title it "match fixing" but that's so... derogatory.

That's not derogatory it's sarcastic humor.

Members
26 posts
3,990 battles

The match making is horrible in terms of the experience base at the moment. I just played a game where the opposition team had 4 out of 5 players (yes a midget match) who were emblem players (ie they are scoring in the top 3 and winning relatively consistently) My team had zero and the result was pretty predictable. I see this all the time and ratios of 5 to 1 are common and the game almost always goes to the team with the large numbers of emblems.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,926 posts
10,485 battles

I don't have an issue with mm. The ones who complain about it typically aren't as skilled, and would rather have victories given to them as oppose to earning those victories

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,684 posts

Well I see enough steam rolls to feel it was a question worth asking, as it seemed a reasonable thought to look at other variables instead of "win rate" - butt - fair enough then. Seems like the idea has no supporters. 

Have a good weekend then guys and thanks for your comments. 

Sign in to follow this