Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Grabbing a team mate's attention...

2 comments in this topic

Members
1,203 posts
15,266 battles

In a game a couple days ago I had the occasion to use the old tried and true shots across the bow. A green DD had just fired torps at a Cl on the other side of a cap that crossed in front of me in my DD approaching the same cap. Not close enough to be a danger but close enough to have my torpedo warnings screaming at me. So to let him know that he had an ally coming up on his port flank and not to do it again I put a couple shots in front of him. It was the fastest easiest way I could think of at the time to convey the message.

Since the implementation of the ship's horn I've found it to be an excellent collision avoidance tool. As players discover it's more than just a noise making toy we have a new potential communication device. One or two loud blasts on the horn in the midst of battle should alert neighbors to look around. I reserve the three loud blasts for the eminent collision or other pending disaster like an approaching wall of torps.

Sometimes when I'm driving a BB the way I have to turn to avoid crashing into a smaller ship it sometimes feels as if I'm being herded in a certain direction. I haven't actually tried this technique in game yet but it's had me considering the possibilities. Maybe I'm confusing intelligent design with random stupidity.:Smile_child:

Any of you other WoWS aficionados have any non chat or team speak methods of letting team mates know what you're thinking.

• Cool 1

Members
29 posts
260 battles

I have been using a long one when I am charging, or running away due to being focused fired, usually means get out of the way , I don't care if you are in my way I need out .

Sign in to follow this