Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Leed_2018

Repairing ships

35 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
237 battles

Is it realistic to repair a rudder in 10 seconds and then have a 1 minute and 30 second break. All the people on the ship and i can't have multiple repair parties, or have them repair things ba

• Boring 1

Members
56 posts
237 battles

Is it realistic to repair a rudder in 10 seconds and then have a 1 minute and 30 second break. All the people on the ship and i can't have multiple repair parties, or have them repair things back to back.

Great your on fire, guess you have to burn for another 40 seconds because... nothing. 

SO what am i paying you for? To sit around? I wouldn't mind a anti-abuse cool down, but a 13x repair time cooldown for something major is annoying.

Ships are very delicate, so why a massive cool down?

Edited by Leed_2018

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

No, but it's not realistic to have so many ships sink in under 20 minutes either.

Members
56 posts
237 battles

No it is. These ships are like unarmored tanks. It takes very little to sink them despite them being so powerful.

Battles are only 10 minutes max as far as i know

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

It is off topic but I think it would be cool to see your ship carry back the damage to the port with the dry dock and see yard crews working and repairing the ship over time. Of course, you could take it out to battle immediately but watching crews repair the ship would be fun, something I would leave up as a screensaver when I am not playing the game. 

• Cool 3

Members
4,705 posts
7,760 battles

The battles alone are unrealistic as they should be far slower with more just sailing with a hit rate of less than 5% at best.  It is for balance - not realism.  The game is still an arcade game with some simulation aspects.

Members
56 posts
237 battles
2 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

The battles alone are unrealistic as they should be far slower with more just sailing with a hit rate of less than 5% at best.  It is for balance - not realism.  The game is still an arcade game with some simulation aspects.

But it isn't balanced having my ship being on fire and none of the crew can put it out. 

Edited by Leed_2018

Members
4,705 posts
7,760 battles
18 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

But it isn't balanced having my ship being on fire and none of the crew can put it out. 

Balance is not done on an every event thing... it is things together that balance out stuff.  Someone was complaining last night that the Atlanta could be citadeled by any shot.  Yep - done to counter the firing rate is has and the arc that can get over many of the islands.

There are plenty of things to mitigate fire damage and length - even how many fires you can have on some ships. 

If you want true "realism" - you are not going to like the game play.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,188 posts
26 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

If you are going to mark my post as bad with no reasonable explanation, please leave.

Get over yourself.....:Smile_teethhappy:

This is an arcade game, either deal with the arcade rules or Please leave....:cap_hmm:

Edited by awiggin

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
20,159 battles
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

This is an arcade game

why do people on this forum always use this phrase? This game isn't played at an arcade and it's not like any game that would be played at an arcade.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Healing potions that repair 20% of your health are not realistic and should be removed from the game.

Repairing broken modules like propulsion or steering I can live with.  The alternative being to abandon the game. Remember it is a game.

The "Arcade" means the game does not play like a simulation. The less simulation the more arcade it is.  It's just a phrase, no need to get hung up on it.

[LHG]
Members
1,633 posts
6,547 battles
45 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

It also isn't realistic having three torpedoes blowing holes in your hull, only to have them magically fixed in at max 20 seconds.

Who knows, maybe your crew ran out of water buckets.

[DRACS]
Members
4,734 posts

Ships being as accurate as they are in here is not realistic. Ships being magically able to repair 20% of their structure in 30 seconds is not realistic. A dozen capital ships blowing up in 20 minutes is not realistic. Ships with unlimited ammo and torpedoes is not realistic. Ships sinking because of multiple deck fires is not realistic.

Are you seeing a trend here, OP? This is an arcade game inspired by real life stats. Not a simulator. Don't pick and choose things you don't like because of realism and then conveniently ignore of every other unrealistic element of the game because you're cool with it.

Members
56 posts
237 battles
2 hours ago, Quaffer said:

It's just a phrase, no need to get hung up on it.

Its using it as a excuse not to put out a fire/ fix my rudder for a entire 40 seconds that is annoying. Give me free ships because its just a arcade game.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,714 posts
7,011 battles

Edit - deleted. This is a duplicate thread posted reply in the other more active thread. 

Edited by DouglasMacAwful

[N-W-T]
Members
1,714 posts
7,011 battles

Balance. It's a game, not a simulator.  Is it realistic for radar to see through islands, or DDs and a few cruisers the only ships able to make smoke?

If you had short cooldowns of damage control it would render fires, the major way most cruisers do damage, completely irrelevant since fires can be fully repaired. 

Members
56 posts
237 battles
2 hours ago, Flashtirade said:

It also isn't realistic having three torpedoes blowing holes in your hull, only to have them magically fixed in at max 20 seconds.

Who knows, maybe your crew ran out of water buckets.

?? that is only flooding, and waiting a entire 1 minute for them even to attempt to fix it is just annoying. That is something they should just do. As a sailor, you would be trained t repair your ship as quickly as possible.

2 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Ships being magically able to repair 20% of their structure in 30 seconds is not realistic.

Yet this game is entirely unrealistic also as you said. What contributes to that is having your crew not able to put out a fire for no reason what so ever.

Infinite ammo is a okay and here is why:

No one who is playing actually knows how to operate a ship and battle, so they need a lot of ammo.

A battle like these would be entirely different if they were real.  No way you suddenly see a ship 20 kilometers away, because of how big the sea is. You would've long known before the battle actually happened that they are coming. WIth that big of a fleet they will have some way of knowing what is ahead of them for a big enough distance.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

When your Floating unpowered unable to do anything because you want realism your posts will reflect the opposite.

Arcade is just a means to get your mind off the Simulation you desire.

Members
56 posts
237 battles
6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Balance

It isn't balance its stupid. You cant repair my ship as quickly as possible? Giving someone the ability to put your ship on fire for a entire minute+ is unbalanced.

6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

completely irrelevant since fires can be fully repaired. 

That is called war. Its going to be unbalanced. Giving a small cruiser the ability to set a large ship on fire for a minute to have them a advantage isn't very realistic. Don't try to attack a battleship and you won't get screwed.

Edited by Leed_2018

Members
56 posts
237 battles
2 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

When your Floating unpowered unable to do anything because you want realism your posts will reflect the opposite.

Arcade is just a means to get your mind off the Simulation you desire.

When did i say that? Lying and exaggerating makes you look like a jerk. 

All i said was that i want my crew to be constantly be working to repair things, since that is logic.

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
4 hours ago, Leed_2018 said:

Battles are only 10 minutes max as far as i know

Wrong.

6 minutes ago, Leed_2018 said:

Lying and exaggerating makes you look like a jerk. 

Leed, you haven't even played enough games to qualify as a n00b.  Rather than learn, you barge in here telling everyone how it should be. 

If you don't like it, kindly take your carcass elsewhere.

Sign in to follow this