Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_WaveRider_

Franz Mission now secondary hits instead of aircraft?

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,138
[USCC2]
Members
4,796 posts

So Franz Mission brief says shoot down 50 planes and destroy 50 modules. Great says I, I'll take out the Kutuzov; only the modules register.

Read the in game brief and it says do 500 secondary hits and damage 50 modules . Once again WG messes up the briefs. No wonder I play this game less and less lol. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,995
[O_O]
Members
5,337 posts
12,262 battles

Shooting down 50 planes would be more difficult, as CV's can be hard to come by (especially when there is a mission to shoot down planes...).  500 secondary hits is much easier, especially if you have a ship like Bismarck.  I am guessing it was a last minute change and therefore doesn't match the announcement, but I'm glad they did it!  Three games in Co-op and I was done with that stage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,138
[USCC2]
Members
4,796 posts
28 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Shooting down 50 planes would be more difficult, as CV's can be hard to come by (especially when there is a mission to shoot down planes...).  500 secondary hits is much easier, especially if you have a ship like Bismarck.  I am guessing it was a last minute change and therefore doesn't match the announcement, but I'm glad they did it!  Three games in Co-op and I was done with that stage!

Not if the only BB I play is the Scharnhorst which is the only reason I went for the Captain - otherwise I play DDs and CAs. So the plane mission would have been fine for all types to complete, but what ship type suits the tier VIII or higher when hitting with secondary guns requirement - you guessed it/said it yourself (BB) lol. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,850 posts
4,861 battles
23 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Shooting down 50 planes would be more difficult, as CV's are not widely played.  500 secondary hits is much easier, especially if you have a ship like Bismarck.  I am guessing it was a last minute change and therefore doesn't match the announcement, but I'm glad they did it!  Three games in Co-op and I was done with that stage!

FTFY.

Downing planes is easy in carrier because you are guaranteed a carrier opposition and it's your responsibility.  In the same vein, not everyone have a Bismarck or Richelieu to ride in and let loose. What of someone who have only a Kiev to get to 500 with?

 

1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Not if the only BB I play is the Scharnhorst which is the only reason I went for the Captain - otherwise I play DDs and CAs. So the plane mission would have been fine for all types to complete, but what ship type suits the tier VIII or higher when hitting with secondary guns requirement - you guessed it lol. :Smile_honoring:

Plane mission can well be impossible altogether unless you plan to scratch the floatplanes for 50 games or so (NoCar brawling with other BB? Foe tries to use floatplane to detect you across mountains and the magic mountain-piercing AA will down them)...but hey, anyone can do that, right?

...wait, what if nobody launches their floatplanes and crusiers opt for radars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,138
[USCC2]
Members
4,796 posts
19 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

FTFY.

Downing planes is easy in carrier because you are guaranteed a carrier opposition and it's your responsibility.  In the same vein, not everyone have a Bismarck or Richelieu to ride in and let loose. What of someone who have only a Kiev to get to 500 with?

 

Plane mission can well be impossible altogether unless you plan to scratch the floatplanes for 50 games or so (NoCar brawling with other BB? Foe tries to use floatplane to detect you across mountains and the magic mountain-piercing AA will down them)...but hey, anyone can do that, right?

...wait, what if nobody launches their floatplanes and crusiers opt for radars?

Nobody or bot launches a plane? Show me the video, I'd be interested to see a game with no aircraft at all. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,122
[WOLF7]
Members
12,197 posts
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

So Franz Mission brief says shoot down 50 planes and destroy 50 modules. Great says I, I'll take out the Kutuzov; only the modules register.

Read the in game brief and it says do 500 secondary hits and damage 50 modules . Once again WG messes up the briefs. No wonder I play this game less and less lol. :Smile_Default:

It was never planes in game, they simply screwed up the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,138
[USCC2]
Members
4,796 posts
Just now, awiggin said:

It was never planes in game, they simply screwed up the post.

Yes, I did say WG messed up the brief in my OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×