Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
navydataman

too many containers

14 comments in this topic

[TF77V]
Members
14 posts
9,497 battles

I spent 5 or more minutes just opening 55 containers last night. This morning I have 65 containers. This is just for the test site, but can we open 5 or 10 at once if we have over 6

[90TH]
Members
984 posts
9,224 battles

It's not the number of containers but the boring drawn-out animation to collect them that drives me nuts.  I stopped choosing containers and let them be auto-collected because of the waste of time watching a crane swing back and forth.  Then every month or so I mindlessly click "open" a bajillion times while scratching out my eyeballs  *yawn*

Edited by n00bot
  • Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
8,006 posts
14,633 battles
34 minutes ago, navydataman said:

I spent 5 or more minutes just opening 55 containers last night. This morning I have 65 containers. This is just for the test site, but can we open 5 or 10 at once if we have over 6

Are you done with the collection? If so, just don't open them anymore.

[SALVO]
Members
21,701 posts
22,013 battles

Boy.  Talk about a first world problem.  Get 3 crates throughout the time of earning nearly 40k XP in a day, and it's too much, too boring to take a few seconds to open each of 3 containers.  Good grief.  Cry me a river.   :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
182 posts
761 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Boy.  Talk about a first world problem.  Get 3 crates throughout the time of earning nearly 40k XP in a day, and it's too much, too boring to take a few seconds to open each of 3 containers.  Good grief.  Cry me a river.   :Smile_facepalm:

[TASH]
Members
5,136 posts
10,095 battles

It's the test server, why are you complaining?  

More importantly, why are you complaining about excess?  I always wish there were more containers.

• Cool 1

[RNF]
Beta Testers
419 posts
6,350 battles
8 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

It's the test server, why are you complaining?  

More importantly, why are you complaining about excess?  I always wish there were more containers.

More like, why there isn't an option to disable the animations for crate openings.

If you say, have 100 crates, and animation takes what, 10 seconds before you can get another box open (probably over estimate but you get the point), you've spent over 15 minutes opening crates.

It is a waste of a otherwise good time and serves no real purpose.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
809 posts
8,210 battles
5 minutes ago, W4lt3r said:

Much like the game itself...

[TASH]
Members
5,136 posts
10,095 battles
1 hour ago, W4lt3r said:

More like, why there isn't an option to disable the animations for crate openings.

If you say, have 100 crates, and animation takes what, 10 seconds before you can get another box open (probably over estimate but you get the point), you've spent over 15 minutes opening crates.

That is true.

[SALVO]
Members
21,701 posts
22,013 battles
1 hour ago, W4lt3r said:

The real question is why do you have 100 unopened crates in the first place!  If you can't be bothered to open 3 (or less) freaking crates per day, don't expect any sympathy from me when you procrastinate and let it go for a few weeks and let them pile up.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind if WG would remove the animation.  But at the same time, we don't need a bunch of drama queens making mountains out of mole hills!!!  

[-AVA-]
Members
189 posts
9,528 battles
6 hours ago, Crucis said:

The real question is why do you have 100 unopened crates in the first place!  If you can't be bothered to open 3 (or less) freaking crates per day, don't expect any sympathy from me when you procrastinate and let it go for a few weeks and let them pile up.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind if WG would remove the animation.  But at the same time, we don't need a bunch of drama queens making mountains out of mole hills!!!  

You get 5 crates for winning a match. You get 10+10+5+5+2 for completing the final tasks in each step of the campaign not to mention the 10 you get for each task completed the first time. Breathe and you get another 5 (not really but it sure seemed that way). I had well over 300 in about 16 hours of testing, so yeah, it does get rather tedious especially because it's the PTS and not live. . .

[RNF]
Beta Testers
419 posts
6,350 battles

I just finished the campaign for Halsey.

I opened some crates on first set of missions but haven't opened any since.

I'm sitting on 187 crates and if we assume it's about 10 seconds per crate, that's over HALF AN HOUR of opening crates.

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles

More importantly, the torpedo polisher has been kidnapped!

Or gone AWOL or something...

Members
105 posts
7,538 battles

I had over 200 hundred containers left after I finished the American cruiser collection and the Hit Hard Hit Fast campaign on the test server.  I only opened containers until I finished the collection or wanted some new camo.  If someone felt compelled to open all of their containers when they didn't need to, they must have an obsessive compulsion problem.

Sign in to follow this