You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocSniper_1

On the same side

48 comments in this topic

[NAM-1]
Members
11 posts
11,580 battles

Who was the frking brilliant wanker that had the idea to add that when a Clan member of a Division group are playing and one of the teammate sails into a torp or is fired upon by mistake while trying to fire a enemy that you obtain a block out to play only co-op or training?, why are the programmers frking this game up for ???, 

How the frk is it my wrong doing if I fire off torps and another player walks into it???

I am about to frk this game off cos of this, I like to play, not get frking blocked,cos of another idiot walking into my torps or firing.

Get ya act together DEVs or I reckon you will lose more players...

A pissed off player.....DocSniper. 

• Boring 2

[DNTZ]
Members
332 posts
15,079 battles
3 minutes ago, DocSniper_1 said:

Who was the frking brilliant wanker that had the idea to add that when a Clan member of a Division group are playing and one of the teammate sails into a torp or is fired upon by mistake while trying to fire a enemy that you obtain a block out to play only co-op or training?, why are the programmers frking this game up for ???, 

How the frk is it my wrong doing if I fire off torps and another player walks into it???

I am about to frk this game off cos of this, I like to play, not get frking blocked,cos of another idiot walking into my torps or firing.

Get ya act together DEVs or I reckon you will lose more players...

A pissed off player.....DocSniper. 

If you have teammates that *can* sail into torps - you gotta assume they *will* and not launch them.   Torping a teammate is the fault of the person launching the torps.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,318 posts
11,838 battles

Two "It's not my fault" posts on the front page. It really is a day ending in y.

2oDMSK7.gif

[NAM-1]
Members
11 posts
11,580 battles

Oh no its not, I do not aim for a team mate, mate, I try to torp a enemy and than out of nowhere a team mate walks into it, so how the hell is that my fault ????

Or as it happen yesterday, there was 5-6 enemy at a flag and just 1 team mate, I fire torps at the enemy and the torp hits the team mate, so how the frk is that my fault ????

• Boring 1

Members
1,914 posts
5,964 battles

Primary rule of this game, you are responsible for weapons fired. Situational awareness. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,318 posts
11,838 battles
8 minutes ago, DocSniper_1 said:

Oh no its not, I do not aim for a team mate, mate, I try to torp a enemy and than out of nowhere a team mate walks into it, so how the hell is that my fault ????

Or as it happen yesterday, there was 5-6 enemy at a flag and just 1 team mate, I fire torps at the enemy and the torp hits the team mate, so how the frk is that my fault ????

Yes you did fire at your team mate, you are responsible for your ordnance until it expires. A simple rule to use is that if your torpedoes cannot pass beyond a friendly ship no matter how it maneuvers don't shoot. Accidents will happen but if you follow that rule they will be rare.

Beta Testers
292 posts
11,771 battles

No attempt at explaining the situation will belay the fact that you indeed did fire torp's in the general direction of a friendly, most likely you were behind him, so he would have had to be watching you, not the enemy, which he WAS watching. He hit torps that you fired,, so its your fault. 0% chance of you explaining this away, so accept it,do the time,move on. and DON"T fire torps if 1 of your teammates is anywhere in front of you.

[NAM-1]
Members
11 posts
11,580 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yes you did fire at your team mate, you are responsible for your ordnance until it expires. A simple rule to use is that if your torpedoes cannot pass beyond a friendly ship no matter how it maneuvers don't shoot. Accidents will happen but if you follow that rule they will be rare.

Once the torps leaves the ship, I have no control of it, as to if it was a real war in real life, if the DEVs gave control of the torps that yes, you be right,, but you're wrong, there is no control of torps once it leaves the ship, and it is the devs problem, they can fix the program to have it that torps to teammates do not destroy the ships.

• Angry 1

[NAM-1]
Members
11 posts
11,580 battles
1 minute ago, Alien_Observer said:

No attempt at explaining the situation will belay the fact that you indeed did fire torp's in the general direction of a friendly, most likely you were behind him, so he would have had to be watching you, not the enemy, which he WAS watching. He hit torps that you fired,, so its your fault. 0% chance of you explaining this away, so accept it,do the time,move on. and DON"T fire torps if 1 of your teammates is anywhere in front of you.

wrong, I was not behind, I was far to the left and he was far to the right, he choose to go to the middle to where the enemy was and to where I fired the trops.

Surely, i am not the only once that has encountered this frk up??

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,564 posts
4,239 battles

Think of the other player's perspective. You're focusing on an enemy, shooting it or trying to get within range to launch torpedoes. Suddenly you get hit and sunk by torpedoes from an ally further back. Is it your fault for not checking what your allies are doing around you? And building on that, do you think it's fair for them to blame you for being in the way?

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,318 posts
11,838 battles
4 minutes ago, DocSniper_1 said:

Once the torps leaves the ship, I have no control of it, as to if it was a real war in real life, if the DEVs gave control of the torps that yes, you be right,, but you're wrong, there is no control of torps once it leaves the ship, and it is the devs problem, they can fix the program to have it that torps to teammates do not destroy the ships.

5 minutes ago, DocSniper_1 said:

wrong, I was not behind, I was far to the left and he was far to the right, he choose to go to the middle to where the enemy was and to where I fired the trops.

Surely, i am not the only once that has encountered this frk up??

That is why you don't fire if a friendly can get into the path of your torpedoes, it isn't their job to dodge your torps. It isn't that hard to be aware of where friendly ships are before firing.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
292 posts
11,771 battles

The gold standard in this game is if your torps hit an ally,, it's on you. Sure, in lower tiers, newer players tend to have 0 situational awareness, and a lot DO blunder into teammates fish, but there has to be a default to the process, and the developers have made it so,, that means it's YOUR responsibility to NOT launch torps if they have the slimmest chance to impact a teammate,,,,,PERIOD,, end of story. Either accept this immutable game action, or not. As you play more, you get that inner self that will stop you from possible catastrophic actions,, you have to just listen to the little Docsniper_1 on your shoulder that is whispering in your ear,, (DON'T FIRE,,,ALLY IN THE AREA)

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

With all due respect, it sounds like you're the type of player that motivated the change. Damaging teammates doesn't seem to bother you, so perhaps if you are inconvenienced enough by your poor decisions, you will change.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,318 posts
11,838 battles
1 minute ago, Alien_Observer said:

The gold standard in this game is if your torps hit an ally,, it's on you. Sure, in lower tiers, newer players tend to have 0 situational awareness, and a lot DO blunder into teammates fish, but there has to be a default to the process, and the developers have made it so,, that means it's YOUR responsibility to NOT launch torps if they have the slimmest chance to impact a teammate,,,,,PERIOD,, end of story. Either accept this immutable game action, or not. As you play more, you get that inner self that will stop you from possible catastrophic actions,, you have to just listen to the little Docsniper_1 on your shoulder that is whispering in your ear,, (DON'T FIRE,,,ALLY IN THE AREZA)

The OP has over 1700 matches so that excuse doesn't fly.

1 minute ago, cometguy said:

With all due respect, it sounds like you're the type of player that motivated the change. Damaging teammates doesn't seem to bother you, so perhaps if you are inconvenienced enough by your poor decisions, you will change.

Hopefully he does learn or he will be permanently in co-op.

Members
39 posts
10,232 battles

:Smile_popcorn:Same ole rant i see in chat every time i log in.....:cap_haloween:and it still doesn't get old....:Smile_teethhappy:THANK YOU

[NAM-1]
Members
11 posts
11,580 battles
40 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

If you have teammates that *can* sail into torps - you gotta assume they *will* and not launch them.   Torping a teammate is the fault of the person launching the torps.

I think you guys miss the concept, to the release of torps, there is no control to where they go, even a enemy can see it coming and move out of the way, and yes, I have been in the thick of it and BOOM, a torp from a friendly, do I blame him/her??? hell no, I know they were not aiming at me, I just got in the way trying to dodge the enemies firing.

All I am saying the DEVs can make it so, that if that took place, why the punishment to it??, no need for blocks or a penalties, a mistake is a mistake...wayz,,im off to bed , ya all fight over the results....lol  

Beta Testers
292 posts
11,771 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

The OP has over 1700 matches so that excuse doesn't fly.

I was trying to be nice Brush,,,,,,,, I decided to help my fellow man today,, till I play my first match at least, then Ill be jaded the rest of the day.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles
16 minutes ago, DocSniper_1 said:

wrong, I was not behind, I was far to the left and he was far to the right, he choose to go to the middle to where the enemy was 

You do realize that torps go in a straight line, right?  And that ships move to engage the enemy?  

Maybe you need to look for non-team games to play. You’re basically fussing that all the other players on your team don’t make it their priority to not get in your way.  And that the devs don’t fix things so that you can sail about blithely ignoring your team and their engagements without consequences for you. 

As for the question about penalty, I like the suggestion someone made in another thread about a forgiveness mechanism, where if you get torped by accident, you can click to “forgive” so the person (like you) who wasn’t paying enough attention isn’t penalized. 

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
3 minutes ago, DocSniper_1 said:

I think you guys miss the concept, to the release of torps, there is no control to where they go, even a enemy can see it coming and move out of the way, and yes, I have been in the thick of it and BOOM, a torp from a friendly, do I blame him/her??? hell no, I know they were not aiming at me, I just got in the way trying to dodge the enemies firing.

You know your torpedoes will travel a straight line at a constant speed to an exact distance. You also know the location and heading of every teammate at all times. So in the same way that you have to predict where the enemy ship will be when your torpedoes get there, you have to predict where friendly ships will be as your torpedoes go along their way.

• Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
627 posts
3,207 battles
4 minutes ago, DocSniper_1 said:

I think you guys miss the concept, to the release of torps, there is no control to where they go, ...  

You have control of where they go upon launching them.

You knew there was a friendly in the area and fired them anyway.

They might even attempt to dodge them only to show their broadside to the enemy.

You fired them, you own them.

[NAM-1]
Members
11 posts
11,580 battles
2 minutes ago, Griphos said:

You do realize that torps go in a straight line, right?  And that ships move to engage the enemy?  

Maybe you need to look for non-team games to play. You’re basically fussing that all the other players on your team don’t make it their priority to not get in your way.  And that the devs don’t fix things so that you can sail about blithely ignoring your team and their engagements without consequences for you. 

you do realize, I think your a #@#@#$@#$@ for even stating that, no mate I think trops just go in circles, until a ship hits them....

I also think you need to re-read, I stated I am on the left , friendly on the right, enemy in the middle, I fire trops to the middle, the friend heads to the middle, my torps hits the friendly, now, who has frking right of way, the ship or the torps ???

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

You’re just not going to listen to what everyone responding is telling you, are you?!

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
2 minutes ago, DocSniper_1 said:

you do realize, I think your a #@#@#$@#$@ for even stating that, no mate I think trops just go in circles, until a ship hits them....

I also think you need to re-read, I stated I am on the left , friendly on the right, enemy in the middle, I fire trops to the middle, the friend heads to the middle, my torps hits the friendly, now, who has frking right of way, the ship or the torps ???

Friendlies always have right of way, as evident by the fact that you were the one punished.

Beta Testers
1,950 posts
10,762 battles
21 minutes ago, DocSniper_1 said:

And your teammates have control of it? They also don't have control over your trigger finger. And they have to be right in front of you to "sail into the torp." And you are expecting the keep an eye on you behind them? How often do you look behind you? My guess is never.

And someone has to point this out: I've never seen a good player complaining that friendly fire is not their responsibility. The lack of situation awareness reflects on one's level of plays.