You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BrewBeard

wargaming.net game center still broke?

4 comments in this topic

[TWFT1]
[TWFT1]
Members
2 posts
1,604 battles

Ok so they tricked me... I was getting frustrated with WarShips and decided to try WarTanks. I loaded gamecenter it looked like it worked until after an update, then nothing worked. Forced to wipe and replace. We are talking Warships, public test too...  Then when I tried to load it said it needed game center to start and sent me to the website.

I am not sure what I did, but I am able to play the regular game RANKED again... Thought I was going to have to sit this season out.

I would like gamecenter to work, but it does not...

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,805 battles

I have windows 10 64 bit.

Game center worked just fine at 10 p.m. CST last night.

To uninstall game center fully, you need to use it's uninstall feature from your windows program list.

If you look it probably is still there.

I play all 3 games and WOWS public test from it.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I have a copy of the old updater. I reinstalled using it a few weeks ago.

It works fine, but the new updater will still try to run itself. I'm pretty sure its pushed through with the update.

I use a program "winpatrol" on my pc. It will give me the option to allow or deny anything running on my pc. The new updater tries to run, but I don't allow it, and I use the original. 

I'm sure there are free programs out there that does the same as winpatrol. If you get to point where you wanna mess around with what I've done, or similar, let me know and I make old wows installer available to you. 

Again, it still "tries"to run, but you have to kill it. I assume when you DL the game the old updater isn't there.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

0lznw7N.png

Alternatively, you might try running WOWS by the wows.exe and NOT the installer. If you are patched already, it should just run the game. Old fix, but not sure if it still works.

Edited by Wulfgarn