You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
8,242 posts
17,242 battles

Them feels when you wanted to load into a PvE match for some relaxing bot-bashing, and realized there were TWELVE SHIPS in each team list...

I haven't run Bogue in PvP in forever; (okay; maybe a year and a half,) partly because I'd reached a nice round 300 games, and a little bit to not be accused of clubbing.

I didn't want to be there, yet I still threw in and tried...

...and still sucked...

...too many games against the bots?

Anyway; I wasn't at my best...

Spoiler

wJToMy.jpg

WUT???

Them feels when even you think you sucked, and yet still wind up first on your team's score sheet...

Other CV didn't move for about five minutes, (afk? no idea,) and it just seemed like nobody (including me,) could manage to sink anything...

Part of this post is annoyance about a previous complaint about CVs being nigh-invincible, omnipotent beings...

Maybe I could have done better, but it's hard to decide where to focus when the Reds are closing in on you from across half a compass rose...

Oh well. I was thinking about playing Bogue in PvP again before the changes; I guess this was just the unexpected start.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles

On 5/18/2018 at 11:35 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Them feels when you wanted to load into a PvE match for some relaxing bot-bashing, and realized there were TWELVE SHIPS in each team list...

I haven't run Bogue in PvP in forever; (okay; maybe a year and a half,) partly because I'd reached a nice round 300 games, and a little bit to not be accused of clubbing.

I didn't want to be there, yet I still threw in and tried...

...and still sucked...

...too many games against the bots?

Anyway; I wasn't at my best...

Hide contents

wJToMy.jpg

WUT???

Them feels when even you think you sucked, and yet still wind up first on your team's score sheet...

Other CV didn't move for about five minutes, (afk? no idea,) and it just seemed like nobody (including me,) could manage to sink anything...

Part of this post is annoyance about a previous complaint about CVs being nigh-invincible, omnipotent beings...

Maybe I could have done better, but it's hard to decide where to focus when the Reds are closing in on you from across half a compass rose...

Oh well. I was thinking about playing Bogue in PvP again before the changes; I guess this was just the unexpected start.

Personally, judging by base xp, I'd say only the top 5 of your team could be said to have been anywhere near the efficiency of the enemy team.

It seems MM was not kind to you this round and gave you a potato field to work with. The only thing I'm curious about is how the enemy Cleveland managed to get 10 plane kills, since CVs generally avoid Clevelands like a plague. Then again, your own Cleveland got 11 plane kills, so I'm not too worried about this.

You did the best you could given a terrible team. I'm sure MM will be kinder to you in future rounds: RNG taketh away, RNG giveth.

[TIMT]
Supertester
476 posts

That was just a really bad team, where you were on top from plane downing and spotting damage.  The bogue plays slow,  and is a little rough grind, but better of a grind fun wise than the Ranger to Lexington.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,698 battles
On 19/05/2018 at 4:35 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

just had a look and read your post don't be to hard on yourself you played a good game to be on top and the number planes you shot down, Bogue is a semi ok CV to play there is some downsides to it like it's TB unless your sure your going to get the kill your best to use them on BB as most DD and cruisers will avoid your torps or only hit one if you need to reset to clock for a cap use them 1 hit will do that, DB are good for dealing with those two even if they turn at the last second there is still a chance for a hit and fire. your fighters are better then IJN so don't be scared to force them into a dogfight just watch you don't get to close to there AA. The big one to learn from that match is what ships to avoid like the Cleveland some ships will just eat your planes, with out knowing how many captain points you have and what skills can't give much info there.

As to which ships to focus on any that is a major threat to your team is a good start, if they are nearly dead and your teammates are fine leave that ship no point wasting a drop just to miss because someone killed it just before your torps hit, then its just one's capping, out on their own and then any ship you can hit and do good damage.

Hope some of these tips will help you with your playing your Bogue if you need any more help send a massage or post on here there is a lot off good people on here that will give you advice or pointers and help you become a better CV player.

[RLGN]
Members
8,242 posts
17,242 battles
On 5/20/2018 at 5:44 PM, Avenge_December_7 said:

You did the best you could given a terrible team. I'm sure MM will be kinder to you in future rounds: RNG taketh away, RNG giveth.

Fished the first five games; 3 losses, 2 wins; one a great comeback.

I’m not really hyper-competitive, but I do prefer to win.

I know lower tiers can tend to have less experienced players; but things I saw in two of the losses, (and at all tiers actually,) make me wonder if some players really don’t care about learning how to shoot, about learning even simple, basic tactics, or about playing objectives, and really do only play to ‘drive the pretty ships...’

The frustration is real...

Members
1,068 posts
5,960 battles
On 5/19/2018 at 2:35 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Worse:

When you do it in a Kaga.

When you do it in a Saipan.

And you haven't even practiced strafes and manual drops yet. I've done that with both ships.

I just fessed up the mistake, and apologized to the team in the pre-battle, and promised two things:

1. my best effort

2. that regardless, my best wouldn't be very good.

Then I went out and lived up to both.

Both instances were remarkably salt-free. Success-free, too.

• Funny 1