You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Venac

Why do players complain about bow on BB?

17 comments in this topic

Members
312 posts

I am talking about BB who are built to bow on. They see the BB playing bow on and when that BB starts to get focused they then complain when the BB goes in reverse so to stay bow on and reduce damage taken. Do they not realize that if that BB tries to turn he will go broadside to all the enemy and and take a ton more damage? I watched a game where 2 BB were playing bow on and they were  holding off 3 BB and a CA. They were doing just fine holding them off till the enemy had another CA come to help them and both CA started HE attacks pretty heavy. So the 2 BB started backing up while continuing to fire at the enemy. Then chat went nuts with team complaining that they were doing nothing and at the same time the 2 BB took out both CA and 1 of the enemy BB. Game ended ( with them winning )  with those 2 BB holding off that whole side on Two brothers by themselves.  The 2 BB ended up being the two top scores and had 8 kills between them. Still their team was bashing them in open chat so both sides could read it. 

Do these folks complain over the fact that they do not understand that the BB were doing the right thing or were those 2 BB doing something wrong by playing bow on?  Myself i think they played right and by they way i was one of the CA they sunk.  Both BB were in a division and the were playing the French Richelieu. 

• Cool 2

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
4 minutes ago, Venac said:

I am talking about BB who are built to bow on. They see the BB playing bow on and when that BB starts to get focused they then complain when the BB goes in reverse so to stay bow on and reduce damage taken. Do they not realize that if that BB tries to turn he will go broadside to all the enemy and and take a ton more damage? I watched a game where 2 BB were playing bow on and they were  holding off 3 BB and a CA. They were doing just fine holding them off till the enemy had another CA come to help them and both CA started HE attacks pretty heavy. So the 2 BB started backing up while continuing to fire at the enemy. Then chat went nuts with team complaining that they were doing nothing and at the same time the 2 BB took out both CA and 1 of the enemy BB. Game ended ( with them winning )  with those 2 BB holding off that whole side on Two brothers by themselves.  The 2 BB ended up being the two top scores and had 8 kills between them. Still their team was bashing them in open chat so both sides could read it. 

Do these folks complain over the fact that they do not understand that the BB were doing the right thing or were those 2 BB doing something wrong by playing bow on?  Myself i think they played right and by they way i was one of the CA they sunk.  Both BB were in a division and the were playing the French Richelieu. 

children-this-is-bait-27681081.png

• Bad 1

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
3 minutes ago, Venac said:

Why do players complain about bow on BB?

Why do players complain about players who complain about bow on BBs?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

Never let any one besides yourself, dictate the quality of your work.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,068 posts
9,452 battles

Lots of BB players forget they can switch to HE and thus complain about low AP rolls vs bow on BBs.

• Cool 2

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
1 hour ago, Fodder4U said:

Lots of BB players forget they can switch to HE and thus complain about low AP rolls vs bow on BBs.

Exxxctly... About the time 1 salvo pops 3 fires (not even talking from a Conq.) and they pop DCP. You wait a few seconds, I generally do a rough count of 10 after another salvo to ensure the DCP is on CD, then watch them light up like a burning Christmas Tree in January. THAT usually gets things moving as the first thing they generally forget is to "Stop, Drop and Roll". lol

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,242 battles
1 hour ago, Fodder4U said:

HE on BB ? What is this heresy ?  Stop saying non sense, all hail AP. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,242 battles

Well sometime you have to do both DD and BB job so I guess poiting your nose at the ennemi can do the job lol 

5affe56d06f25_YamatobesttankyDD.PNG.e0c6f3ea5867cd825fe560aaae3cbc1c.PNG

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,772 battles

Because they have not yet read the terms laid out and handed down by the human rights commission.

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles

Bow on only works until HE spreads or a DD like Asashio puts the fear of deepwater torps into them. After that, sitting in that same spot, rocking back and forth, loses some of its appeal.

Now, if they were bow on, beside an island, and managed to use the island as cover for turning and showing broadside(if things got too hot), then yeah, I think it's a viable tactic.

Otherwise, no. All it takes is a stealthy, aggressive DD captain to end that particular party.

Edited by _Rumple_

[ICE9]
Members
814 posts
5 hours ago, Venac said:

First, thank you for your service, Senior Chief.

I think you're absolutely correct. As primarily a cruiser driver who's seen plenty of island-skulking and edge-skimming BB play, I think battleship drivers who actually engage should be applauded. Bow-tanking is the game meta, like it or not, due to armor layouts and penetration tables, for battleships as well as cruisers making a push. That's what Des Moines drivers do when we're not Hail Mary sniping.

• Cool 3

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
7 hours ago, Venac said:

only reason you are bow on and reversing is that you messedup.      i rarely do this in BB, only as last resort or near match end where it doesn't matter.        have better sense of situation awareness and use cover to turn(or better timing at range)      stay mobile and make a difference where it count.      I love seeing  fools bow tanking if I am in other side as I can flank and   wreck them esp earlier in the match.

• Bad 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,016 posts
8,240 battles

Because team complains much louder about broadside BBs that die faster.

Done bow-in as well on Iowa, Yamato, and MO. If they were nimble bow-in wouldn't be as necessary to survive longer, and not many players know to aim BB AP at superstructure where, with a little luck, they can get regular pens on the deck armor (less HP to recover compared to HE spam and fires).

[FORM]
Members
258 posts
5,105 battles

1- When a BB plays bow on right it can be very effective.

2- Sometimes bow on players stay to long in one spot doing it and it does hurt the team. 

3- Many times even if the BB are doing their job other players and or team will blame their death or loss on the BB. It is never their fault and always the BB....................................