Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

Hindenburg - Very Much Worth the Effort.

8 comments in this topic

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

Finally finished the KM cruiser grind - though to be fair, it was pretty easy as "grinds" go.

There were a few stand-outs in the line - the Karlsrue and Nurnberg were both very enjoyable, though I didn't amass a significant number of matches in either.

The Roon was very good - and it now holds my damage record at 245K, though I didn't find it a really enjoyable ship to play.  That single turret forward doesn't make it a very strong "push" ship - I found her much better suited to longer range kiting.  Effective - but not all that engaging.

I purchased the Hindy today - and was  well prepared, having seen her featured often on Panzerknaker - and I was not at all disappointed.

What a beauty!

Trolly armor - especially charging bow in - point and click shell velocity - punishing AP - highly effective HE and fire chance - short range torps, but so many of them and really excellent arcs.  And when the typhoon rages - she is at her absolute strongest - load AP and fire up the hydro.

She really is the complete package.

My port also includes such borderline OP premiums as Nik, Grem, Fujin, Scharn, Belfast and Kutu - but this is the first time I've played a tech tree ship so far ahead of it's contemporaries.

Granted - my battle count in Hindy currently hovers at a lofty 6 matches - but its pretty obvious that this is the start of something beautiful!  Its only a matter of time before she smashes Roon's hold on my damage record.

Couple of screen grabs from the results screens.

Spoiler

uZFVkMx.jpg

Had one loss in those 6 matches - and even there she shone like a diamond.

Spoiler

Daj5jEy.jpg

So - if you're grinding up this line, and find yourself in a bit of a lull - keep your eye on the prize, because its very much worth the effort.

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles

I do good in Hindy for the few times I have played her. When I get to tier 10 I have to work on other lines and types to get them to tier 10. Congratulations nice games.

• Cool 1

1,542 posts
26 battles

Congrats @ddoubletapp1, sounds like you really enjoyed yourself! Have you played a game that you're particularly proud of and want to share? 

• Cool 2

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
7 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Congrats @ddoubletapp1, sounds like you really enjoyed yourself! Have you played a game that you're particularly proud of and want to share? 

I think I'll be featuring quite a few Hindenburg matches on my youtube channel - she is the most "flexible" ship I've played so far - perfectly at home racking HE and fire damage at range using the spotting plane (this is the first ship I've run two different "special modules" on - spotting plane, and hydro - and she uses both very effectively) - and arguably even more effective right on the front line looking for citadel hits on those DMs and Moskva/Donskoi's that like to push in behind the DDs to use radar, and aren't expecting to find an opposing cruiser doing the same.

I believe there will be a pretty good "highlight" vid, as well - match two was in a typhoon, and I manged to completely wreck a full health Montana with torps and AP (while surviving a full, close range salvo) in a passing engagement.

Edited by ddoubletapp1
  • Cool 1

Members
879 posts
9,111 battles

You guys chap my hide.  I picked Zao early on, really want a Roon with secondary build and Battleship Hindenburg.  I keep telling myself I'm done grinding lines - and I have my Prinz that I really like.  I guess I will start on the York soon and work towards Hindy.  

• Cool 1

360 posts
194 battles

The Hindenburg is my first and only Tier 10, and part of the reason it's the only is that after playing it, I have a hard time wanting to go and play other ships, lol.

• Cool 2

Members
879 posts
9,111 battles
23 hours ago, TugboatCommander said:

The Hindenburg is my first and only Tier 10, and part of the reason it's the only is that after playing it, I have a hard time wanting to go and play other ships, lol.

Nice, I'm up to 11 tier 10s - I like all my ships - I just need to spend to to relearn them sometimes. 

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 19/05/2018 at 4:49 PM, ddoubletapp1 said:

I think I'll be featuring quite a few Hindenburg matches on my youtube channel - she is the most "flexible" ship I've played so far - perfectly at home racking HE and fire damage at range using the spotting plane (this is the first ship I've run two different "special modules" on - spotting plane, and hydro - and she uses both very effectively) - and arguably even more effective right on the front line looking for citadel hits on those DMs and Moskva/Donskoi's that like to push in behind the DDs to use radar, and aren't expecting to find an opposing cruiser doing the same.

I believe there will be a pretty good "highlight" vid, as well - match two was in a typhoon, and I manged to completely wreck a full health Montana with torps and AP (while surviving a full, close range salvo) in a passing engagement.

Nice! Be sure to share the link with us when you get them up!

Sign in to follow this