Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

My monthly rant

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles

Tier 8 see-saw battle.  Our CV dies first - still not sure how - so the enemy Enterprise is un-depleted.  Somehow we fight back and get it down to two BBs vs. the red CV.  The Alabama is close N of CV and the Gneisenau is about 3.5 squares ESE.  Both within gun range and he has no nowhere to hide.  'Bama tries to duck behind an island to avoid torps as his teammate comes up, but he's not close enough and eats 3.  Instead, Gneisenau decides to not shoot the CV and turns away to farm a cap -> a completely pointless move.  CV bombs Bama to death, then turns on the Gneis who, having ignored the entreaties of his teammates and capped, has finally turned toward the CV, only to be overwhelmed by sky cancer.  Big surprise!

In chat, in response to "Gneis you cost us that win", he goes into "It's only a game" and "F you". 

I mean, anyone can make a mistake.  Lord knows I do, but this is raging, glaring stupidity backed by 32mm ego.  I hope I never see it again - at least not for a week.

• Cool 1

Members
469 posts
12,428 battles

To paraphrase an Adam Sandler movie: We are all a little more stupid having read this. Thank you for sharing the rage.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles

Yeah, okay.  The rant wasn't for you but for me.

Members
1,019 posts
13,043 battles

That's the opposite kind of game from what I usually see where the remaining ships come down with a bad case of CV fever and go chasing after it ignoring point totals and the caps that could change all that.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,772 battles
7 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah, okay.  The rant wasn't for you but for me.

So write it down on paper and send it to your congressman. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Bad 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,798 posts
4,058 battles

Well, a real Duckman rant would likely get him booted for language and other varied off limits insults.  

[NG-NL]
Members
5,015 posts
8,240 battles

He's correct that it's only a game.

However, he was a real prick to ruin others players' fun because playing selfishly.

That said, iDuckman's rant does not explain where this particular player's WOWS history, so we do not know where the stupid came from.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,224 battles

I take it that the situation as regards points made the cap-taking completely unnecessary? Because without that little detail, one could defend the Gneisenau leaving to step on the cap. The fact that he chose to defend his actions with insults suggests it was not the best call.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles
5 hours ago, Reymu said:

That said, iDuckman's rant does not explain where this particular player's WOWS history, so we do not know where the stupid came from.

I don't care about his history.  I rarely look at anyone's stats.  Unicum or derp, it was a selfish and losing move. 

5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I take it that the situation as regards points made the cap-taking completely unnecessary? Because without that little detail, one could defend the Gneisenau leaving to step on the cap. The fact that he chose to defend his actions with insults suggests it was not the best call.

Neglected to mention that the points were about even (around 800?) and the cap made absolutely no difference.  If forced to, I'll look at a replay to get more precise details. 

Hmmm.  Is there a Mission that wants cap ribbons?

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles
15 hours ago, Prothall said:

To paraphrase an Adam Sandler movie: We are all a little more stupid having read this. Thank you for sharing the rage.

7 hours ago, Crusin_Custard said:

So write it down on paper and send it to your congressman. :Smile_teethhappy:

Look here, snowflakes, this thread is clearly labeled as a RANT.  If you didn't want to read a rant, you wouldn't have read the thread.  This is on you.

Or wasn't it a good enough rant?  I'll try to do better next month.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,772 battles
On 5/20/2018 at 5:41 AM, iDuckman said:

Look here, snowflakes, this thread is clearly labeled as a RANT.  If you didn't want to read a rant, you wouldn't have read the thread.  This is on you.

Or wasn't it a good enough rant?  I'll try to do better next month.

If you did not want us , as you said " Snowflakes " to read your your Rant, then you should not have posted this thread in the first place. 

" If only i could damn well remember my congressman's name and mailing address " :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Crusin_Custard

Sign in to follow this