Sign in to follow this  
AdmiralKazoku

Z-39 Concealment Bug or Nerf?

9 comments in this topic

[SPUDS]
Beta Testers
5 posts
4,332 battles

I was wondering if this was an intended nerf because I noticed that Z-39 surface detectability range is 7.94 which is the same as Z-23 instead of 7.74 during testing. I even checked out http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Z-39 just to make sure if the stats were accurate and it currently says that premium ship Z-39's detectability range is 7.74. So in conclusion.... I am so full of confusion here as I am trying to figure out what is supposed to be  intended for Z-39's actual surface detectability range. Otherwise, I feel as if there was some false advertisement going around about Z-39's true stats.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Do you have camo on it?

[SPUDS]
Beta Testers
5 posts
4,332 battles

Yes I do. And, it still displays as 7.94. Also, if I do the math: 7.94 x 0.03(camo) = 7.94 - 0.2382 = 7.70 surface detectability and not 7.74. So something does not seem right.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Detection range in game is rounded up or down. The Wiki doesnt account for camo.

[SPUDS]
Beta Testers
5 posts
4,332 battles

Ah, I thought so. So if wiki is accurate with the stats for the ship then... Z-39 which wiki implies she has a surface detectability of 7.74 km should actually have 5.9 km surface detectability with the accountability of having camo, the concealment module, and the captain concealment skill correct? 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,658 battles

Z-39's concealment is 7.74km base, stock without a commander, upgrades or camouflage.

• With camouflage, it drops to 7.51km.
  • Add Concealment Modification 1 (which it gets access to unlike most tier VIIs), it drops to 6.76km.
  • And add Concealment Expert (tier 4 commander skill) and it drops to 6.08km.
  • Cool 3

[SPUDS]
Beta Testers
5 posts
4,332 battles

Ah, I see why then. It was my mistake to calculate the base concealment with the all the concealment bonuses sum together instead of seperately calculating the solution from each percentage drop. Thanks! Good to know!! :D

Members
321 posts
9,478 battles

It citadels cruisers with ease and is a beast when top tiered 

Sign in to follow this