You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

0 for 4 tonight....

29 comments in this topic

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

And done playing.  Had the Lyon out the past couple of weeks and doing decent damage and WR was going up.  Today - broadside cruiser at the mouth of the mid-channel and fired off an entire salvo - the Lyon is a cruiser killer.  Did it in an earlier loss this evening and every.single.shell.missed - every.last.one.  It did not move and I was close enough if it started to move it would still be hit and every.single.shell.missed at about 10km.  Same game was 4 dds (maybe 5) per side and in the first 5 minutes we lost all but 1 and the other tam had all of theirs.   2 games I was in the top 2 on the team and had over 1.5 mil potential damage.

Normally I would choose a new ship but just too tired as well and I have a feeling it would not help.  Now to watch an old WKRP in Cincinnati episode.

It is a sign and I got it.  Night all.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,315 battles
16 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

And done playing.  Had the Lyon out the past couple of weeks and doing decent damage and WR was going up.  Today - broadside cruiser at the mouth of the mid-channel and fired off an entire salvo - the Lyon is a cruiser killer.  Did it in an earlier loss this evening and every.single.shell.missed - every.last.one.  It did not move and I was close enough if it started to move it would still be hit and every.single.shell.missed at about 10km.  Same game was 4 dds (maybe 5) per side and in the first 5 minutes we lost all but 1 and the other tam had all of theirs.   2 games I was in the top 2 on the team and had over 1.5 mil potential damage.

Normally I would choose a new ship but just too tired as well and I have a feeling it would not help.  Now to watch an old WKRP in Cincinnati episode.

Better now than when you reach 0-8. Tilt is real in this game.

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

Zero to four is nothing.  I have started that way and had no crapthirteen in a row that were wins.  You just have to keep a positive mental attitude.  It sounds lame but it really werks

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles

Lyon caused me constant head pain even though I did well with it; doing well with Lyon is painful in my experience.  Very situational.  Richelieu, however, is a flanking monster and hit/run artist.  Like a scalpel.  You won't chill and horseblast things like, say, Amagi can, but it is a ton of fun.  Don't be dumb and bow tank it.  Richie dies rapidly under HE fire anyway.  Stick er out, the next one is worth the headaches if you want to use it properly.  Pushing a flank at 36kts and dbl citting a Yammy or triple citting a Musashi?  Yeah, it does all of that.

Members
1,296 posts
21,024 battles
5 minutes ago, Big_Tidday_Goth_GF said:

Zero to four is nothing.

Yea.  Press on.

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

I have been 0 for a lot more in the past - it gets old but just should not have played tonight.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

I have been 0 for a lot more in the past - it gets old but just should not have played tonight.

Yeah it happens; guessing my max has prob been 0-15.  Not any more though because I figured out the MM.  When you are constantly stuck on a potato team with highly skilled players on the other side and expected to carry said potato team...you figure it out eventually.

Constant top score potato team losses - I don't play that game so much these days.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,854 posts
19,037 battles

0 - 4 is not bad   last week I had a day with  0  and  15  glad that doe's not happen often 

Supertester
181 posts
5,134 battles

My personal philosophy when it comes to win rate is this: 3 losses in a row and a break to break the flow. 

I care about my stats in this game more than most of the public (though i am definitely am not unicum). I feel it is very good to have a losing limit. You hit it then you come on back after a little break. The reason why I do it this way is because bu the 3rd loss in a row, I am frustrated with either my perfirmance or my teams performance so I am not performing my best. If i go take a break to get food, a drink, or even just to relieve myself, I can take a step back and look and play a bit more effectivly and be a better asset to the team.

I often see players who continue to play despite being in a terrible and toxic mood and usually those players die early to simple mistakes and complain about something unrelated to the way they died. 

Thanks for venting in the forums in a respectable and unnannoying way btw!

[XBRTC]
Members
1,402 posts
7,411 battles

I'm 0 for 4 for the day as well, so far. It's annoying, really, because I did 2 battles each in 2 of the ships in which I usually do spectacularly well... but today I just sucked out loud. Can't even really blame it on my teams, tbh. Yeah, they were pretty terrible, but I sucked just as badly and have no room to throw any stones.

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

Welcome to the wonderful world of gratuitous and random MM, suck it up: losses.

Taking timely breaks is a big part of learning how to handle this crap-shoot to be honest. Psychology 101.

They are still focused on new ships and perhaps better battle options, but MM is the Elephant in the Room.

2/3 of the battles you play are predetermined at the outset by MM as lol-stomp wins... or losses. the other third are actual great competitive battles, win or lose.

Is this good enough for your time and energy in here?

Do the math and start complaining.

[TDRB]
Members
1,078 posts
4,118 battles

A BB was setting broadside & still at less than 14km and out of two full broadsides I had one shell to bounce for zero damage to start a game. I was on my Lyon. My son on his Gneisenau, 6 guns to 16, had 20 hits  at close to the same range. My shells straddled the ships. It was almost 9 minutes into the game before I did some damage. Another game I had 9 hits, 3 were pens, but no damage. It does get a little frustrating sometimes. Of course I have hit ships on the very end of the stern and been awarded a citadel.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

I know someone who went 0 for 20 plus, he was so mad he made a new account, to start over again.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
608 posts
4,809 battles

Never good when that happens in your bread and butter vessels. Makes it very frustrating to be honest. 

I generally take out another ship class to break it up and have an influence on the game. 

Hopefully this rut is broken the next time you play. 

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Taking a break to avoid going on tilt and having a melt down is probably best man. Go away long enough and WG will send you goodies for going on vacation. :cap_cool:

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,279 posts
7,262 battles

Dispersion "adjusted". I get that a lot when I win too much. Takes a few days of "vacation" for the effect to roll off the logs.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
9 hours ago, CylonRed said:

When the other sides Destrpyers are all alive like that, you need to add in some context. I play DD exclusively, and there are different reasons why that happens. 

Some of those reasons might be your own DD, and sometimes it is because your team let them get fed to the wolves. 

Often I find you lose all your DD because your team is busy staying hidden while your destroyers are playing a forward spotting game, and no one is shooting at the spots for fear of them then becoming the target.

You see this as a DD. You get the dreaded 6-7+ ships targeting you because you're the only thing seen for miles.

World of Warshups is just hide and seek played in boats at this point.

[4HIM]
Members
1,794 posts
4,051 battles

I've gone 1 - 7 on a weekend.  At the time my stats were trending up.  Since then, they've been going the opposite direction.  

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

World of Warshups is just hide and seek played in boats at this point.

This is why the map ocean should be more regular, no hiding behind a thing

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

This is why the map ocean should be more regular, no hiding behind a thing

Only problem is that the game isn't quite balanced around that map, due to there being island cover on every other but Ocean.

While it fixes some issues, it creates others at the same time. 

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

I would like to see ocean epicentre, and you take damage if your outside of the rings

[EQRN]
Members
341 posts
8,895 battles

I've started to listen to the people who've said don't rely on wr or wtr, and it has improved the game for me vastly.  Top 3 in a loss?  Usually that's still an indicator that I'm doing my part, doing it well, and more.  Bottom 3 in a win?  That to me, is a loss.  I did nothing for the team and made it more difficult for those that do perform.  Yeah it sucks to lose because of one persons mistake, but that's simply beyond your control, the only thing you do have control over is your performance, or lack thereof. Don't look at the game through the prism of win/loss, rather carry/carried.

• Cool 4

1,266 posts
13 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I've started to listen to the people who've said don't rely on wr or wtr, and it has improved the game for me vastly.  Top 3 in a loss?  Usually that's still an indicator that I'm doing my part, doing it well, and more.  Bottom 3 in a win?  That to me, is a loss.  I did nothing for the team and made it more difficult for those that do perform.  Yeah it sucks to lose because of one persons mistake, but that's simply beyond your control, the only thing you do have control over is your performance, or lack thereof. Don't look at the game through the prism of win/loss, rather carry/carried.

Well said.