Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lensar

What if saving a star in a ranked match was based on team vote?

66 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,106
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,944 posts
7,518 battles

LOL. Right. Because everyone won't just vote for themselves or not vote at all. There's a lot of salt on the losing team, my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
9 minutes ago, Lensar said:

Thoughts?

I wouldn't get involved in a popularity contest so you could guarantee at least one less vote. And you can bet I am not the only one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
4 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

LOL. Right. Because everyone won't just vote for themselves or not vote at all.

Duh.

You can only vote for others. Come on, use your head for more than a hat rack.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,608 battles

hmm I like the thought obvious not being able to vote for ones self would be rules but a loss brings so much salt and tears I don't know how well it would go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I wouldn't get involved in a popularity contest so you could guarantee at least one less vote. And you can bet I am not the only one. 

If you vote for someone, you get one vote for yourself, and one for them. If you don't vote for anyone, you get -1 vote.

And the votes are blind, so no one knows who voted for whom.

Edited by Lensar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,520
[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles

I get what you want to accomplish, but this is more likely to produce bickering in the team mid/late match. More reason to blame others and proclaim you did the best whether you believe it or not. The star system is heavily flawed, and was created because wg was too lazy to put in one that worked. Suggesting complicated fixes is just going to encounter the wg lazy problem. They'd rather pump out content instead of polishing what they have for half a year. 

  • Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

Who is going to vote for a salty jerk? I think it would actually reduce salt, as people try to kiss up for a vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
Just now, Pulicat said:

Suggesting complicated fixes is just going to encounter the wg lazy problem

This isn't complicated, it's pretty simple. In fact, they already have the system in do it, with karma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
624
[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts

Popularity contests and PVP don't mix well. I can think of some CCs who would get voted the star every time regardless of how they played. And this is not a knock on CCs. Players are simply not objective quite often. That emotion of battle thing

WG needs to get the XP right

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,301 posts
21,078 battles
18 minutes ago, Lensar said:

You can only vote for others.

That didn't even occur to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
20 minutes ago, Lensar said:

If you vote for someone, you get one vote for yourself, and one for them. If you don't vote for anyone, you get -1 vote.

And the votes are blind, so no one knows who voted for whom.

still a popularity contest no thanks I'll take the -1 vote 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
8 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

WG needs to get the XP right

You cannot get the XP right. Any system will be open to exploitation.

Contribution towards a win can never be perfectly measured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

still a popularity contest no thanks I'll take the -1 vote 

That's fine. Better a popularity contest where people need to worry about not pissing off their teammates than the sit-in-back-shooting-HE-all-match reward system we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
624
[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
1 minute ago, Lensar said:

You cannot get the XP right. Any system will be open to exploitation.

Contribution towards a win can never be perfectly measured.

Anything put in the players hands is open to griefing. Best left to cold, dispassionate and flawed algorithms 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
Just now, Yoshiblue said:

What happens when nobody votes? 

In the event of a tie (in this case, a 7 way tie) the highest score saves the star.

So you can still hang back at your team's expense and farm points instead of helping win, you just need to be a little less obvious about it. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles
29 minutes ago, Lensar said:

If you vote for someone, you get one vote for yourself, and one for them. If you don't vote for anyone, you get -1 vote.

And the votes are blind, so no one knows who voted for whom.

But what if you did carry the team...you are forced to vote for somebody else not deserving of the win or get a demerit towards the vote...& that would mean every losing battle you have to vote...& that can't be determined until the end of the battle. You wouldn't be able to jump into the next battle until the voting occurs...especially annoying if you killed 3 people & got 2 caps & figured there was no way team could lose so you just went to the next battle only to be voted out of your 1st place push because you didn't join in after they threw an easy victory.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
121
[DAKI]
Members
627 posts
6,413 battles
32 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I get what you want to accomplish, but this is more likely to produce bickering in the team mid/late match. More reason to blame others and proclaim you did the best whether you believe it or not. The star system is heavily flawed, and was created because wg was too lazy to put in one that worked. Suggesting complicated fixes is just going to encounter the wg lazy problem. They'd rather pump out content instead of polishing what they have for half a year. 

someone finally has the gall to admit what people wont, this game is too busy making content versus improving many issues. So many new lines when we still have bugs from beta.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
405
[XBRTC]
Members
1,417 posts
7,434 battles

What if people just stopped complaining about the damn stars and played the game and tried to win so they didn't have to worry about the star?

How about people just stop complaining that the game doesn't treat the way THEY want to play the same as it treats the way that the DEVELOPERS want you to play?

 

If you want a better shot at damage farming and keeping a star, take a battleship if you want. Nobody's forcing you to take a destroyer or a cruiser. 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,216 battles

sorry but... thats really st***d idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,723
[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

If every one votes for me, I am all for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[WOLF4]
Members
30 posts
1 hour ago, Wombatmetal said:

Popularity contests and PVP don't mix well. I can think of some CCs who would get voted the star every time regardless of how they played. And this is not a knock on CCs. Players are simply not objective quite often. That emotion of battle thing

WG needs to get the XP right

Overwatch

Edited by Masingi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×