Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Poharan

Franz -- DD or CL/A

11 comments in this topic

Members
142 posts

Free 10 point commander means new line for me.

I was just looking for community thoughts on whether Franz would excel more as a DD or cruiser captain with his special vigilance trait.

I play pretty much everything, so I don't really care based on playstyle.

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles

Vigilance enhances hydro range for torp detection & as all the KM ships (GZ excepted of course) have hydro option at higher tiers he works on any of them for that purpose...just a matter of what 3 skill point you wanna give up for it as it is not a standard skill choice usually for any commander build...although can definitely increase a KM BBs survivability that is used for pushing caps as well as a DD or CA...but again...what are you willing to give up for it?.

Members
142 posts
6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Vigilance enhances hydro range for torp detection & as all the KM ships (GZ excepted of course) have hydro option at higher tiers he works on any of them for that purpose...just a matter of what 3 skill point you wanna give up for it as it is not a standard skill choice usually for any commander build...although can definitely increase a KM BBs survivability that is used for pushing caps as well as a DD or CA...but again...what are you willing to give up for it?.

Yeah, I was just kind of going for the opinions of those who have played both lines if I were to take the skill, which would it be most useful for.

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles

I've ran all the KMs to T10 & I can't really say which I would recommend putting it on...depending on what tier ship you were gonna use it on check & compare the hydro torp detection ranges & see which would give you the most boost as it is a skill that increases percentage & the higher base # you have to work w/the bigger the gain you will get for it...actually that kinda gives it to the KM cruisers as they have the better hydro range as the KM DDs hydro range is based off of all the other cruisers lower ranged hydro.

[KNMSU]
Members
3,365 posts
3,938 battles

Franz is most qualified to captain the barracks on shore. Or the nearest dumpster, where you can promptly chuck him.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
992 posts
8,993 battles
10 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Franz is most qualified to captain the barracks on shore. Or the nearest dumpster, where you can promptly chuck him.

That’s just stupid. Even if you don’t take his skills he’s still a 10 pt captain.

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

1 hour ago, SavageTactical said:

That’s just stupid. Even if you don’t take his skills he’s still a 10 pt captain.

I think what BNZ is saying is that its a little disappointing that the KM commander got such middle-of-the-road bonus skills.

I have all the T10 KM ships - and those skills aren't really a good fit anywhere, as they all have 19pt commanders, and all are spec'ed offensively, playing to that strength in the KM lines (52 for torps and guns, Hindy for AA, and GK for secondaries).

I wouldn't trade any of those skill builds for Vig or Handyman.

Disappointing in that most of the other nation's special commanders are such an obvious fit for one or more of that nation's lines (Dunkirk for CL, Doe for CA, CL or BB, Honore for BB or CA, etc).

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester
3,094 posts
6,832 battles

Looks like a quality Hindy/GK captain.  I tend to play both of those ships close to the front line and with the levels of DD spam, a little extra torpedo detection is nice.  I use VIG instead of SI on both those ships anyway.  

• Cool 1

Members
475 posts
5,642 battles
5 hours ago, Poharan said:

I was just looking for community thoughts on whether Franz would excel more as a DD or cruiser captain with his special vigilance trait.

jack of all trades and vigilance sounds  great for the Hindenburg, not so much in a dd

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 hours ago, Poharan said:

I put Franz von Jutland in the Prinz Eugen just got him so I will play him tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this