Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Is the monthlong pass gone?

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,152 posts
3,145 battles

I could have sworn there was a bundle that had a month of premium and 4500 or so dubloons... Is it just not showing up for me or is it gone? They might have replaced it with the bundle that has 2,000 dubloons and 3.75 million credits, but I hope not since that's much less of a deal. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,468 posts
2,414 battles

??  You mean Triple Trove (4500 Db, 6.75M Cr, 30 day @ 42.34) ?  Still there.

IMO buying short (30 day or less) Premium time in a bundle isn't much of a deal.  Buy enough Doubloons in a straight-up package and convert in-game to Credits and Premium time and you will have the discount of the original package applied to them too.  E.g. the 12,000 Db chest @ $51.69 yields about a 16% discount (232 Db/$); more when it's on sale. 

You aren't crazy, though.  The Triad of Triumph is gone (5000 Db, 7.5M Cr, 90 days Prem @ $58.12).  I actually bought that this week because a) the discount is good (27% from nominal) and b) WG doesn't offer 90 days for Db.

Edited by iDuckman

Members
1,152 posts
3,145 battles
6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

??  You mean Triple Trove (4500 Db, 6.75M Cr, 30 day @ 42.34) ?  Still there.

No, not that, the bundle I'm talking about just had premium acct and dubloons, exactly what I needed. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,468 posts
2,414 battles

Oh, yeah.  I know which one you mean.  It's gone.

I'm looking at this Triple Trove.  It equates to 11,500 Db, which for $42.34 is a good deal at 21% off nominal.

For your purposes, just buy 7000 Db and convert to 30 days Prem in-game.

Members
1,152 posts
3,145 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I'm looking at this Triple Trove.  It equates to 11,500 Db, which for $42.34 is a good deal at 21% off nominal.

For your purposes, just buy 7000 Db and convert to 30 days Prem in-game.

Guess I'll have to do that then... typical WG pulling something from the shelf when I go to buy it (looking at you GZ...)

[WOLF3]
Members
6,468 posts
2,414 battles

Prates Plunder is gone, too.  No tears; it actually cost 2% more than buying Db and converting.

BTW, the big Doubloon and Db/Credits chests aren't a deal.  Unless they're on sale you are paying the same price as you would with Any Amount (which has a small, built-in quantity discount).  If they go on sale, though, consider jumping on them.

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

They seem to have moved away from 30 days of premium with new Premium ships. Which is why I haven't been buying them, sorry WG I like the bundles with premium time.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,468 posts
2,414 battles

30 Days Premium time == 2500 Doubloons.  Don't be fooled into thinking that it's anything more than that.

Don't avoid bundles just because there is no Premium time.  Convert everything to Doubloons and then look at the price.  Some are well discounted; some aren't.

Sign in to follow this