You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MackDye

Trials and Tribulations of the Grosser Kurfurst

5 comments in this topic

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
348 posts
8,820 battles

Dont have the Grosser Kurfurst yet? Wondering how she plays? Check this video out to find out all about the Grosser Kurfurst. I included footage from both random battles and ranked battles.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

I like your take on it, although I did things a bit differently.

Preventive Maintenance

High Alert

Jack of All Trades

Basics of Survivability

Basic Firing Training

Advanced Firing Training

Concealment Expert(switched at the moment for Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament test, not sure that I like that)

I use the same ship settings.

My old-skool gaming slang calls the first half a turtle, now they call it a zombie. The rest is brawler. It soaks up a lot of damage, while giving even more out.

With full signals it can put those four fires right out while soaking up even more fireproof flags, and the (usual)13.6km detect is just 2km more than the 11.6 secondary storm.

Never had an issue keeping my mains on a target, so I turned Expert Marksman into more turtle. Fires happen... I put them out faster.

Manual secondaries deal out incredible damage and ribbons, but it costs more than I may wish to bear in concealment and lost fire on the opposite side.

That most challenging aspect of all my brawlers is picking my time and spot. Plinking in a brawler is giving up half its reason to exist, but charging gets one killed quickly for little gain.

Division with a long-duration smoke DD and a radar CA and one has a winning combo in any cap battle. Risk-averse high-tier players will turn away from the silent storm. As long as a brawler does not fire its mains and stays in smoke with hydro and plane running, it is a fearsome weapon system.

Pick the wrong cap to stomp into though... and one loses silver every time.  :)

Edited by BlueWaterWolf
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,741 battles
54 minutes ago, BlueWaterWolf said:

I like your take on it, although I did things a bit differently.

Preventive Maintenance

High Alert

Jack of All Trades

Basics of Survivability

Basic Firing Training

Advanced Firing Training

Concealment Expert(switched at the moment for Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament test, not sure that I like that)

I use the same ship settings.

My old-skool gaming slang calls the first half a turtle, now they call it a zombie. The rest is brawler. It soaks up a lot of damage, while giving even more out.

With full signals it can put those four fires right out while soaking up even more fireproof flags, and the (usual)13.6km detect is just 2km more than the 11.6 secondary storm.

Never had an issue keeping my mains on a target, so I turned Expert Marksman into more turtle. Fires happen... I put them out faster.

Manual secondaries deal out incredible damage and ribbons, but it costs more than I may wish to bear in concealment and lost fire on the opposite side.

That most challenging aspect of all my brawlers is picking my time and spot. Plinking in a brawler is giving up half its reason to exist, but charging gets one killed quickly for little gain.

Division with a long-duration smoke DD and a radar CA and one has a winning combo in any cap battle. Risk-averse high-tier players will turn away from the silent storm. As long as a brawler does not fire its mains and stays in smoke with hydro and plane running, it is a fearsome weapon system.

Pick the wrong cap to stomp into though... and one loses silver every time.  :)

Why not use adrenaline rush and IFHE?

I am interested in your reply as I am on the tier 9 with 6 battles so far.

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

My standard HE does more accumulated fire damage than my observed results with IFHE, plus it is four points that I am already agonizing over.  My regular HE mains have punched holes in CAs, and vaporized DDs.  My AP secondaries have caused flooding. I only have two four-point capt perks and one is Advanced Firing Training. The other is going back to Concealment Expert the next time I have the gold. Manual Secondaries rock, but it puts me in too many questionable situations when I am seen early. Being able to auto-fire at multiple targets is also a plus. The tendency to turn away is strong and all I have to do is give them a reason.

Adrenaline Rush is fun and I have used it. Would rather live longer than shoot faster while I DIE. :) That's just me.

In my opinion, a brawler should be a damage sink. A black hole for incoming fire. It comes stomping out of a smoke screen spewing fire, with others following behind taking free shots while the brawler soaks it up.

Which ship would YOU shoot at? The sniping CA, or the BB spewing unrelenting hate in your face? KM BBs in brawler mode get shot at... a lot... by everyone. It is not for the faint of heart or stat-conscious.  

BUT... when the stars align it is a hilarious act of an angry pagan god.

• Cool 1

[PLAY]
[PLAY]
Members
94 posts
7,658 battles

Guilty, guilty, guilty!!!..."I' yam what I yam!" When I started playing wows almost two years ago I had my eye on "one ship", the Bismark. As a former USN sailor and son of a sailor, my life was directly connected to military aircraft and ships. Playing pretend war games as a child and real war games later as an adult, the most popular big bad boat was the Mighty Bismark! The movies, books and my imagination created a tenacious desire to play with this infamous warship. I spent at least a couple of hours every day for three months grinding my way up to buy and outfit her. Once she was set up I set out with the same attitude that I maintain to this day when commanding my German BBs. I am German, I am superior and I will destroy your inferior copies of my "state of the art" war machine!!!...Arrrrrgh!!!...As you can imagine, I often find myself surrounded by the enemy, being treated like General Custer at the "Battle of Bull Run" while my team sits safely farther back watching my egomaniacal fate...LOl The GK is the "Big Daddy Bismark" of the game. She can eat up anything in the game except for "the Sashimi" delivered by those who serve it fast, stealthily and fresh from their tubes.