You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShellbackI

Team Damage/kill appeal

28 comments in this topic

[USD]
Members
3 posts
9,065 battles

How is it the game quickly imposes the team kill penalty without knowing whether or not it is your fault? I was just assessed the penalty after I ran a ground maneuvering against two red DDs at less than 4K. I was so focused backing off of the island and defending myself I did not see the Lyon from my team rush in between myself and the island and my guns killed him! That is crap!!!! people are being penalized and it is not the Captains fault!! Yes, I have inadvertently torpedoed a team mate in the past but that was before I was aware of the far reaching affects of them. If some Captain is stupid enough to come between a shooter and it's target that is not the shooters fault!!! Provided the shooter took the prudent precaution of checking before shooting or launching!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles

It's not crap. Most of us who have played WoWs long enough have made the same mistake or,  at the very least, similar ones. It's called situational awareness and personal responsibility for what you do in the game when it comes to firing your guns and torpedos.

Under the new system, you get a pink warning for 2 to 4 games and are NOT restricted from participating in any of the battle modes. It's no big deal. When you make a mistake, apologize to the teammate you killed and work off your warning/penalty.

• Cool 4

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles
5 minutes ago, ShellbackI said:

How is it the game quickly imposes the team kill penalty without knowing whether or not it is your fault? I was just assessed the penalty after I ran a ground maneuvering against two red DDs at less than 4K. I was so focused backing off of the island and defending myself I did not see the Lyon from my team rush in between myself and the island and my guns killed him! That is crap!!!! people are being penalized and it is not the Captains fault!! Yes, I have inadvertently torpedoed a team mate in the past but that was before I was aware of the far reaching affects of them. If some Captain is stupid enough to come between a shooter and it's target that is not the shooters fault!!! Provided the shooter took the prudent precaution of checking before shooting or launching!!

You shot and destroyed him. Therefore the team kill applies. You killed a teammate. Also the last part I put in bold... same can be said for the captain firing. You are responsible for your ordinance and didn’t take the precaution of checking before.

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,725 posts
4,737 battles

Personal accountability does not end as soon as you pull the trigger.  You're responsible for the length of time those shells are in the air or if something get's in the way of said shells.  That said being said?

Ship Happens.  Work off the pink, apologize (or not) to the friendly you sank and continue on.  I have done it with some of the French cruisers when I started.  Forget how slow the torpedoes are and "Whamp" pink.  "Crap, sorry about that forgot I had glacial torps"

[5D5]
Members
2,284 posts
14,319 battles

Someone please reset the "it's not my  fault they drove in front of me" counter

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
16 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Someone please reset the "it's not my  fault they drove in front of me" counter

2oDMSK7.gif

OP, your ordnance, your responsibility.

• Cool 2

[ICBM]
Members
335 posts
5,074 battles

Same thing happened to me. One round caught a friendly smokestack and started a fire. The teammate didn't die but I guess it was enough damage to trigger a penalty. It happens. You gotta be careful where you shoot. 

[SPTR]
Members
3,474 posts
5,733 battles

Pink is a fashionable colour. Enjoy it while it lasts. Unless you are teamkills on purpose, pink is hard to come by. :Smile_playing:

Seriouly thou, just relax and play a coupld of co-op, play some ships you normally wouldn't use in Random, have a good time. The pink will wash off before you know it.

Members
11 posts
879 battles
On 5/18/2018 at 4:24 PM, ShellbackI said:

I am new here too but I totally agree with you. What I am about to share is an excxerpt from the ARmored Warfare Code of /conduct: I hope this will saomehow be helpful. I am just a retired disabled veteran.

GRIEFING OTHER PLAYERS

• Team killing, team ramming.
  • Intentionally dying to put one's team at a disadvantage.
  • Blocking teammates from entering the opposing base, taking evasive action or targeting opponents.
  • Use of third-party programs that provides an unfair advantage or quick progression through the game 

[-AVA-]
Members
140 posts
7,456 battles

I still don't understand why you get penalized for team ramming when someone clearly runs into you. With as much negativity there is about the whole pink thing, just disable it already.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
34 minutes ago, syd_ said:

I still don't understand why you get penalized for team ramming when someone clearly runs into you. With as much negativity there is about the whole pink thing, just disable it already.

Because it is a no fault system.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles

9 hours ago, SUPERVULCAN1955 said:

I am new here too but I totally agree with you. What I am about to share is an excxerpt from the ARmored Warfare Code of /conduct: I hope this will saomehow be helpful. I am just a retired disabled veteran.

GRIEFING OTHER PLAYERS

• Team killing, team ramming.
  • Intentionally dying to put one's team at a disadvantage.
  • Blocking teammates from entering the opposing base, taking evasive action or targeting opponents.
  • Use of third-party programs that provides an unfair advantage or quick progression through the game 

First, I want to thank you for your service and welcome you to WoWs and the WoWs forums. Second, you are certainly welcome to your opinion on the automated unsportsmanlike penalty system, but in the case where a player receives a warning and/or penalty for hitting and damaging a friendly teammate or teamkilling them, I have to disagree with you here. Why? Personal responsibility lies with the person pulling the trigger and firing the guns or torpedos. They need to make sure and be situationally aware that they are not going to hit a friendly. Yes. Accidents happen. In that case, the system should not be a problem because a person who occasionally makes a mistake and accidentally hits a friendly and damages or kills him will only occasionally get a pink warning of 2 to 4 games. Only habitual violators need worry.

The OP was clearly at fault here, even if it was accident.

49 minutes ago, syd_ said:

It is unrealistic to expect an automated system using a set of algorithms or even a moderator to determine intent of a person's actions. If a person ram's into you, it may be intentional or most likely and in most cases, they weren't paying attention and it was accident. Yes. Unfortunately, and as @BrushWolf pointed out, the system is a no-fault system and you also get penalized for a person running into you. However, getting a pink warning because a person ramming into you did enough damage to themselves or it killed them, should be a rare occurrence.

• Cool 1

[PLPTS]
Members
757 posts
13,217 battles

I like the new TK policy, and if its new I like the XP and $ penalties as well. If I just hadn't noticed them before, I still like them.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, daVinci761st said:

I was so focused backing off of the island

And thats the problem in a nutshell

I'm a DD main, and yep, I hit and sometimes kill friendlies, especially in fur balls including multiple dd's and crossfires. So I turn pink for 2 games and then its over. BIG DEAL. Pay attention and move on. Once I hit a friendly Tirptiz with a single torpedo in a cross fire, normally no big deal, BUT he detonated and I got TK. I got a 7 game penalty due to the amount of damage. Fair, NO, big deal, still no. So what, it doesn't change your game mechanics or rewards, its just a reminder that YOU need to pay attention.

As for team ramming, I've seen lots of collisions during manuvering and they do minimal damage. Killing someone during a friendly ram means they must have been under 100 hp and just unlucky.  The only intentional ramming I've seen lately is pink AFK's (mostly in COOP), where players join a game and then leave so they get their penalty games in. Even coop players resent free loaders, so you see the occasional intentional ramming of the AFK in that case.

[WORX]
Members
1,825 posts
12,872 battles

Well guys I need some understanding help..

We've rolled out a minor update to the Unsportsmanlike Conduct Prevention System. Now, when a player's torpedoes hit an allied ship, mirror damage will be inflicted on that player only after receiving an allied damage warning. Immediate infliction of mirror damage for torpedo hits occasionally resulted in situations when a team lost two players at a time, which apparently didn't add to that team's chances for victory.

This is what is coming soon for version 7.5, I am trying to understand it but I think WOWS is getting soft on the aggressors. IS that what I am reading here  ?

[PLPTS]
Members
757 posts
13,217 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is what is coming soon for version 7.5, I am trying to understand it but I think WOWS is getting soft on the aggressors. IS that what I am reading here  ?

They've delayed the damage reflection until after the first TK and its warning. In the past, in the case of massive torpedo hits, reflection took place immediately, and caused both players to sink, which adversely affected the other team members by depriving them of both the TK'er and the victim. Now the team only loses the victim, and the perp gets his penalty on any further FF damage they do, preventing serial TK's but not sinking them on the first one.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,767 battles
8 hours ago, Jenska said:

I like the new TK policy, and if its new I like the XP and $ penalties as well. If I just hadn't noticed them before, I still like them.

And thats the problem in a nutshell

I'm a DD main, and yep, I hit and sometimes kill friendlies, especially in fur balls including multiple dd's and crossfires. So I turn pink for 2 games and then its over. BIG DEAL. Pay attention and move on. Once I hit a friendly Tirptiz with a single torpedo in a cross fire, normally no big deal, BUT he detonated and I got TK. I got a 7 game penalty due to the amount of damage. Fair, NO, big deal, still no. So what, it doesn't change your game mechanics or rewards, its just a reminder that YOU need to pay attention.

As for team ramming, I've seen lots of collisions during manuvering and they do minimal damage. Killing someone during a friendly ram means they must have been under 100 hp and just unlucky.  The only intentional ramming I've seen lately is pink AFK's (mostly in COOP), where players join a game and then leave so they get their penalty games in. Even coop players resent free loaders, so you see the occasional intentional ramming of the AFK in that case.

I agree with your statement @Jenska , but I think you meant to quote the OP, ShellBackl.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,569 battles
On 5/18/2018 at 1:24 PM, ShellbackI said:

You have been very very bad my Son .. you shoot em ... you own em

except your pinkyness and move on

Beta Testers
68 posts
614 battles

I don't understand how you don't see that it was your fault... Your rounds killed him cause you where too tunnel visioned to look around you or look at the map to see if you had friendlies around. Take responsibility for your shots cause we all are held to the same standard and just work the pink off. It's not a big deal and almost no one cares you are pink for the X amount of games, it happens to all of us at some point. You are not going to get this appealed cause its not that big of an issue as long as your not going around killing team mates 3 times a week or something. 

Members
1,834 posts
17,629 battles
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, ShellbackI said:

Takes less time to play the 2 game than it would to write up an appeal (or your OP for that matter).

Moral: Spend more time playing & less time worrying about the temporary color change of your ship.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
4 minutes ago, wolfchild27 said:

II I am going to speak to an issue that is in my view very important. The situation of being penalized for causing allied damage, yes for those players that cause damage on purpose or even by accident should be held accountable. I have accidently collided with other ships and I did bear some of the responsibility and I am not complaining about those points
There are other situations that ships are backed into or run into at no responsibility of their own, in many cases the collision will leave them in harms way from enemy ships. The ship that was struck at no fault of it own is also penalized along with the offender. How is this just or correct? I keep hearing that we are to have a happy experience from customer service. In the past month I have had this situation occur to my ships five times, one running in circles at high speed, one ran into the stern, another ran into my port side, another into my starboard side If I had not been there he would have run into an island. I was given pink points on every occasion, just because two ships collide does not mean they are mutually responsible for the situation.
I am very much aware of the ships around me and will go to the end length to ovoid any interaction with anyone. When I am rammed from the side or the stern where there is nothing I could do of ovoid the collision I do not think it is right or just to assess penalty points in that situation. I am using this forum to discuss this situation because I can not find another.am going to speak to an issue that is in my view very important. The situation of being penalized for causing allied damage, yes for those players that cause damage on purpose or even by accident should be held accountable. I have accidently collided with other ships and I did bear some of the responsibility and I am not complaining about those points

There are other situations that ships are backed into or run into at no responsibility of their own, in many cases the collision will leave them in harms way from enemy ships. The ship that was struck at no fault of it own is also penalized along with the offender. How is this just or correct? I keep hearing that we are to have a happy experience from customer service. In the past month I have had this situation occur to my ships five times, one running in circles at high speed, one ran into the stern, another ran into my port side, another into my starboard side If I had not been there he would have run into an island. I was given pink points on every occasion, just because two ships collide does not mean they are mutually responsible for the situation.
I am very much aware of the ships around me and will go to the end length to ovoid any interaction with anyone. When I am rammed from the side or the stern where there is nothing I could do of ovoid the collision I do not think it is right or just to assess penalty points in that situation. I am using this forum to discuss this situation because I can not find aI am going to speak to an issue that is in my view very important. The situation of being penalized for causing allied damage, yes for those players that cause damage on purpose or even by accident should be held accountable. I have accidently collided with other ships and I did bear some of the responsibility and I am not complaining about those points
I am very much aware of the ships around me and will go to the end length to ovoid any interaction with anyone. When I am rammed from the side or the stern where there is nothing I could do of ovoid the collision I do not think it is right or just to assess penalty points in that situation. I am using this forum to discuss this situation because I can not find another.nother. am going to speak to an issue that is in my view very important. The situation of being penalized for causing allied damage, yes for those players that cause damage on purpose or even by accident should be held accountable. I have accidently collided with other ships and I did bear some of the responsibility and I am not complaining about those points
I am very much aware of the ships around me and will go to the end length to ovoid any interaction with anyone. When I am rammed from the side or the stern where there is nothing I could do of ovoid the collision I do not think it is right or just to assess penalty points in that situation. I am using this forum to discuss this situation because I can not find another.

White wall of text? The answer from what I got before my eyes started crossing is the system is no fault. Any system that tried to assign fault would be able to be worked.

[LD]
Members
15 posts
1,907 battles
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, BrushWolf said:

2oDMSK7.gif

OP, your ordnance, your responsibility.

What about the person that is run into through no fault of theirs.  In less than three days I was rammed from behind T-boned port and starboard.  The best one was someone that was already pink running in circles at high speed and ran in to my ship, and in my attempt to ovoid him was exposed to enemy fire and was sunk, and for every one of these situations was give pink points and told I was unsporting and caused damage to allied ships.  What is fair or just about that, NO ORDNANCE was involved.  I feel that it is easer to blame both than find out what really happened.    

cute clip, what's it mean?

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,597 posts
9,000 battles
46 minutes ago, wolfchild27 said:

What about the person that is run into through no fault of theirs.  In less than three days I was rammed from behind T-boned port and starboard.  The best one was someone that was already pink running in circles at high speed and ran in to my ship, and in my attempt to ovoid him was exposed to enemy fire and was sunk, and for every one of these situations was give pink points and told I was unsporting and caused damage to allied ships.  What is fair or just about that, NO ORDNANCE was involved.  I feel that it is easer to blame both than find out what really happened.    

cute clip, what's it mean?

As I said in my reply to your white wall of text it is a no fault system. The damage done by friendly ramming is so small that it is not worth worrying about even if you end up killing them like I did here https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/161065-it-finally-happened-to-me-pink-from-a-collision/ just laugh it off and press on.

[LD]
Members
15 posts
1,907 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

As I said in my reply to your white wall of text it is a no fault system. The damage done by friendly ramming is so small that it is not worth worrying about even if you end up killing them like I did here https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/161065-it-finally-happened-to-me-pink-from-a-collision/ just laugh it off and press on.

Thank you, what you said makes a lot sense.