You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
capt_joefoe

Hello all, semi noob looking for a clan

9 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
2,609 battles

Hello fellow WOWS players, my name is Joe. First off, I had crappy puter and wanted to see if it could handle the game so I didn't register first; that's the reason for the player number. FPS was crap but I have fun here soooo...new puter, lol.

As for me, I am 56 and live on the east coast of USA. I never served and though I don't know much about WW2 ships I am learning. I was introduced to this game by accident from a co-worker(who I now hate j/k) and now I play almost daily. I am sure you will be looking at my stats and they suck. I played mostly co-op and some random when I was able. Being a noob I hated random because I felt like I was going against good players with ships I couldn't afford nor beat. Then co-op seems to be a run and gun area now  so I did the same. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it but now I have decided to invest in the game and try to improve my skills(my aiming sux) and knowledge. Once I find the right fit and hopefully good advice, I will then go broke a little more :)

I am looking for a clan that is fun and fairly active that can help me learn the finer art of the game and also share in the fun. I don't take anything serious and, to me, a game is (gulp) is just a game. I play a couple hours a day and usually get enough XP for 2 containers when I do. I was told that can help the clan for oil. I will do what I can to help the clan in standings but understand I like co-ops and sometimes do run and gun just for the fun of it. I have yet to decide on what nation and ship type to strive for, also hoping for guidance. 

Hope I didn't bore you and look forward to reading any replies. I will be away for a day or two( I shoot pool and team made regionals, yeah!) so expect delay on responses. 

Thanks for the consideration, Joe.

p.s. I have teamspeak but also clueless on it, lol.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,840 posts
13,788 battles

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on broadside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls. For any thing else use search or just ask.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 
See you top side.

P.s. the Youtube channels of iChase, Notser, Flamu, BIA World of Warships, Lord Zath Replay Theater and even the Mighty Jingles has really good content for WoWs. The more you learn the better a captain you will become and the less you will be surprised. Also reading Patch notes is useful.

[NGA]
[NGA]
Members
316 posts
4,657 battles

NavyGaming America also have a social and training sub clans for players who either wish to improve their skills before trying their hand at competitive play or just kick back for the social aspect.

Link to our website.

Members
4 posts
2,609 battles

Thanks for all the replies. I continue looking at all the clans and it is a tough decision, lol. I appreciate the invites and will make a decision sometime today. 

@RedSeaBear thanks for the post and though you didn't offer a clan, the info is awesome!

[TOG]
Members
47 posts
4,908 battles

You can also check out TOG.  We’ve got open slots. Check out our website at https://theoldguys.enjin.com

Edited by washington1331

[NDA]
Supertester
4,840 posts
13,788 battles
4 hours ago, Player_9251338697 said:

Thanks for all the replies. I continue looking at all the clans and it is a tough decision, lol. I appreciate the invites and will make a decision sometime today. 

@RedSeaBear thanks for the post and though you didn't offer a clan, the info is awesome!

I can't offer what I don't have. I am a true Solo Warrior who fights without the backing of a clan.