Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Republique, Moskva or Shimikazi?

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,860 posts
8,806 battles

At tier 9 in each line. As usual I will have the XP before I have the credits since I don't sell ships. Any recommendations? I enjoy all classes except CVs.

[RST]
[RST]
Members
171 posts
14,889 battles

I would say in this order. Moskva, Shimakaze and then the Republique. 

Though I got the Shima first. Wanted to complete my IJN line of tier 10.....Also I am slow on getting the CVs too. 

[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
470 posts
11,929 battles

Repub, with 2ndary build but dont waste skill points on manual control for 2ndary armament.  Shima is a gimmick ship, easily overpowered.  I would normally say Moskva but something happened to this ship, I don't know what but it is really like paper now even when bow tanking.

[OPG]
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

Republique is absolutely incredible, I'd recommend it first, then moskva, then shima.

[TBOW]
Members
1,251 posts
10,669 battles

I agree with Republique, then Shima, then Moskva.  But one quetion I have.  What do you enjoy playing most.  That is probably what you should go with first.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,827 posts
9,581 battles
19 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Repub, with 2ndary build but dont waste skill points on manual control for 2ndary armament. 

Agreed. It's quite common to get these French ships in situations where both sides can be firing.

[SOUP]
7,552 posts

Well, if you like to sneeki breeki cheeki peeki and fling torpedos at people, Shimakaze.   If you like to spray chrome paint onto your mouth, shout "SOYEZ TEMOINS" and leap at people with explosive spears, then you'll want the Republique

Members
1,860 posts
8,806 battles
11 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

I agree with Republique, then Shima, then Moskva.  But one quetion I have.  What do you enjoy playing most.  That is probably what you should go with first.

Yamato, Z-52, Hindenburg.

Actually Harekaze is my favorite but that doesn't really help.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

Beta Testers
1,409 posts
2 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

At tier 9 in each line. As usual I will have the XP before I have the credits since I don't sell ships. Any recommendations? I enjoy all classes except CVs.

Moskva and bask in soviet bias. Bow tanks better than a Yamato.

Republique will actually make you money if you put the premium camo on it.

Shimakaze is nerfed into useless slag..when Yugumo is better than shima, when Asashio significantly outperforms shima... you know you should not bother with shima. Since it is not Russian it will not be fixed anytime soon (if ever).

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,230 battles

They are all good, very different ships, you must have a preferred ship type ?

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

... If you like to spray chrome paint onto your mouth, shout "SOYEZ TEMOINS" and leap at people with explosive spears, then you'll want the Republique

[SIDE]
Members
1,409 posts
2 hours ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Republique is absolutely incredible, I'd recommend it first, then moskva, then shima.

This.

[SOUP]
7,552 posts
1 hour ago, Dr_Dirt said:

FTFY

[OPG]
Members
3,969 posts
5,667 battles
2 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

Moskva and bask in soviet bias. Bow tanks better than a Yamato.

No it doesn't.  Moskva only has a 25mm bow.  

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

FTFY

bucket list -- check off Mad Max En français

Members
1,860 posts
8,806 battles
9 hours ago, Visidious said:

They are all good, very different ships, you must have a preferred ship type ?

I would say my preference was Cuiser, DD then Battleship but as of late I have been avoiding Cruisers because of the increasing number of teams suffering from Flank Collapse Disorder.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,237 battles
9 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

FTFY

On dirait des sadiques de Borderlands.

Personally I would go in this order :

1- Republique: she's not like your regular BB but that doesn't mean she's bad. 8 guns with high accuracy, high AP damage but also high fire chance when someone is bow on and quick reload. I was first kinda sceptical about her 32mm armor but she's not as weak as Izumo. Sure you will get some huge HE volley but the ship has decent manoeuvrability and with FP, you don't really suffer from fire. 

2- Moksva : When angled this ship is just trollish. Yeah concealment is garbage but for a cruiser she's actually quite fast (35kts) and the guns are great. You can punish broadside with AP or set ships on fire with HE. On top of that you have radar to force DD to leave their smoke.

3-Shimakaze: Since Shima has received a concealment buff she's pretty good against other T10 DD. You will outspot pretty much every DD except lower IJN DD. But her torps has meh concealment and it takes ages to reload. It's basically hit hard or completely miss. You rarely get something in between. She's not bad but just too situationnal. Well I still enjoy her but for competitive a Gearing or Z-52 will probably be a better pick

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,068 posts
9,452 battles

Repub is very fun to play

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this